Travis Burten

SP Jesus Luzardo, OAK

1 hour ago, KidDynamite420 said:

How many pitches did he throw??

It says in the tweet. 52.

Would you guys recommend picking up now in redrafts ?

I would assume her gets more triple A starts which could be weeks before he's up. But already seeing his ownership sky rocket.

1 hour ago, tonywow said:

Would you guys recommend picking up now in redrafts ?

I would assume her gets more triple A starts which could be weeks before he's up. But already seeing his ownership sky rocket.

surprisingly he was owned and stashed in more than half of my 12 team redrafts (not by me). I stashed him in all others a couple days ago

league dependent but I think if you have the space to burn on 1 guy he is it. or keston but he was never dropped in my leagues

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

surprisingly he was owned and stashed in more than half of my 12 team redrafts (not by me). I stashed him in all others a couple days ago

league dependent but I think if you have the space to burn on 1 guy he is it. or keston but he was never dropped in my leagues

I'm not following why it's surprising that an elite prospect who was going to break camp in the rotation was commonly stashed since it was known he would be back from injury around mid-season?

40 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

I'm not following why it's surprising that an elite prospect who was going to break camp in the rotation was commonly stashed since it was known he would be back from injury around mid-season?

because stashing an unknow sp prospect coming back from inj for 7 weeks isn't the norm in 12 team redrafts

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Haha 2

On 6/17/2019 at 9:08 AM, colepenhagen said:

because stashing an unknow sp prospect coming back from inj for 7 weeks isn't the norm in 12 team redrafts

People still play in redraft leagues?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, lavaman said:

People still play in redraft leagues?

I play for money, so redraft is the only way.  Otherwise, core members would be dropping like flies if their keepers sucked, and then I wouldn’t be able to take their money.  Leagues would fold.  It’s just better to have a clean slate every year.

A guy with big foot in his avatar really ought to know this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

I play for money, so redraft is the only way.  Otherwise, core members would be dropping like flies if their keepers sucked, and then I wouldn’t be able to take their money.  Leagues would fold.  It’s just better to have a clean slate every year.

A guy with big foot in his avatar really ought to know this.

Keeper leagues are fine if run right.

• Like 1

Judging by Melvins comments recently I doubt it it.  He touched on not only the goal of having Luzardo reach 100 pitches in an outing, but also the need to pitch well for a stretch.  Can't see him expediting that because of a suspension to someone else.

Luzardo certainly deserves being called up. Lets hope Melvin just says "screw it"....

Edited by blinkfan77

17 minutes ago, David Aames said:

Think he is up next week now??

No - still needs to build up strength/endurance. He's only thrown 3 innings followed by 4 innings in his first two starts at the A+ level. Will still need several more starts before they consider it; however, given the ugliness of the Montas situation, I could see the organization accelerating their time frame on Luzardo as a way to try and make it up to the fan base since he was strongly rumored to be on the opening day roster anyway pre-injury.

27 minutes ago, David Aames said:

I would think he'd need at least 3 AAA starts so right after the ASB would be my guess at the earliest callup

Well let's see how today goes. After he throws that no hitter and reaches 100 pitches, I think he will be up next week!!! Well I could only hope that happens. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, David Aames said:

No. Still needs 3-4 rehab starts and they’re taking extra precautionary  measures with their future ace. I’d say the first series after the all-star break.

It wasn't a great start, but it was fine. He threw 61 pitches and hit 100 MPH. I could see him making two more starts in AAA before getting called up. 

9 hours ago, mrfrood said:

Damn he got lit up tonight. Ugh. 

If you want to see prospect SPs that are getting lit up then look up Reyes and Cease. The unfortunate thing about this start is he didn't really get his pitch count much higher than his last start.

38 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

If you want to see prospect SPs that are getting lit up then look up Reyes and Cease. The unfortunate thing about this start is he didn't really get his pitch count much higher than his last start.

Which makes it seem like the people saying he won't be up until after the All-Star break could be right.

17 hours ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

Giving up 2 earned runs in the PCL is not getting lit up.

Ya when I read that I was like s--- must've given up 10 hits on 4 or 5 earned runs

“Meanwhile, top pitching prospect Jesus Luzardo, who’s returning from a shoulder strain, will increase to 75 pitches in his next start after throwing 61 pitches in a rehab start with Triple-A Las Vegas on Saturday, allowing two runs with five strikeouts in 3 ⅓ innings.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1