psygolf

Derrick Henry 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

On 9/20/2018 at 8:49 PM, HiFantasy said:

Dude’s a frickin beast. So sucks that they can’t seem to get him going. 

Panic mode is near boys

beasts can run between the tackles

So glad the first three games are done! Now we can start seeing what Henry is truly capable of. Final chance to buy low.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

18 tough running carries vs a great D.

The volume is there and the Titans are winning. Hopefully he breaks through one of these weeks and we can decide if it's real (hold) or a mirage (sell)...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Guwop said:

18 carries for 57 yards against a tough defense. What's his outlook now? :ph34r:

XoFLRf.gif

• Haha 1

Waiting on the First break out game then I’m selling ! Get out while you still Can 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oban14 said:

So glad the first three games are done! Now we can start seeing what Henry is truly capable of. Final chance to buy low.

More like pick up ?

• Haha 3

Not getting any easier vs Philly next week, but after that they should get Conklin back, the schedule opens up, maybe Mariota gets feeling back in his fingers, and we're off to the races!

• Haha 1

I guess if you’re looking for 18 carries for 56-57 yards and basically nothing in the passing game, you should keep running him out there.  

Honestly, I thought the Titans’ best bet was to feed him on the ground this week - and it worked (I...guess?).  For his remaining owners, at least more rushing attempts increases his chance for one of those breakaway runs we are so accustomed to hearing about in his thread.

• Haha 1

I don't see how this guy is going to get any better, titans as a whole are a pile of trash and if mariota cant get healthy it will only get worse.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DJSatane said:

I don't see how this guy is going to get any better, titans as a whole are a pile of trash and if mariota cant get healthy it will only get worse.

Yeah, it's pretty dire there right now. Dion Lewis is probably the safest and he's not really safe at all.

On 9/23/2018 at 8:03 PM, Goblue356 said:

He’s on the drop block here soon. Straight trash homie. 

He's getting too many carries to drop imo. Yes, I'm aware the results have been crap thus far.

21 minutes ago, fingers said:

He's getting too many carries to drop imo. Yes, I'm aware the results have been crap thus far.

That’s the only reason he’s worth holding. They’re feeding him. It’s obvious they don’t want Lewis to carry the work load. That’s the good. 

The bad is he’s doing nothing.

• Haha 2

He's got 139 yards on 46 carries, for an average of 46.3 yards per game. 

Give him the TD on that phantom holding call and we're looking at 191 yards on 46 carries, for an average of 63.6 yards per game. 

In my league, scoring-wise that would put him right around ... one Dion Lewis.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cord said:

He's got 139 yards on 46 carries, for an average of 46.3 yards per game. 

Give him the TD on that phantom holding call and we're looking at 191 yards on 46 carries, for an average of 63.6 yards per game. 

In my league, scoring-wise that would put him right around ... one Dion Lewis.  

but....he didn't get that TD....in real life....where FF points come from.

• Thanks 1

Don’t sell and buy low. He might get QB eligibility soon being as he’s a Wildcat extraordinaire now. Apparently. 2 weeks in a  row he’s taken some snaps as QB and then of course there’s this gem. 

“I got a little Peyton Manning in me.” 

https://articles.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/09/derrick_henry_i_got_a_little_p.amp

Can’t wait till he starts passing to Mariota and handing off to Lewis. 

• Haha 1

It’s a virtual lock he’ll have a couple of 15-120-1 games this year. Good luck predicting them.

Edited by Magoo
  • Like 1

I can only imagine what would happen in this thread if he had QB eligibility: probably 25 pages of discussion about his top-5 QB potential.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Cord said:

I don't think anyone is going to be starting him at QB ... 

Maybe backup QB, gadget player is his calling card kind of like Brad Smith used to be for the Jets. He made a living off that. It might work out well for Henry since being a productive NFL running back is not working out too well for him.

Edited by nonstopfan

On 9/24/2018 at 5:29 AM, Guwop said:

18 carries for 57 yards against a tough defense. What's his outlook now? :ph34r:

Jax is not a tough rush D.  They give up 4.2 per carry and rank 23rd at 115 yds per game.

9 hours ago, youngrice said:

Jax is not a tough rush D.  They give up 4.2 per carry and rank 23rd at 115 yds per game.

That makes his star line even worse with the amount of carries he got :lol:

10 hours ago, youngrice said:

OP said Jax is a "tough defense"

Do you honestly think having Gabbart or a 3 fingered Mariota  playing against that secondary and pass rush doesn't severely hamper your run game?  A complete inability to move the ball through the air is just irrelevant?  Are we just going to cherry pick stats and ignore the actual context? 

I get it, Henry sucks.  I have come to terms with him sucking.   But "Jacksonville's Defense is not Good and Henry did bad against them so that is why he sucks" is just sophomoric reasoning and you guys are starting to run out of material if this is the direction you're going.

We can play statistical semantics, or we can be real and say that this was a terrible matchup for Henry especially without Mariota regardless of how many YPC Jax has given up in 2 games.    YPC and Yards Per game is not quite the end all be all and if you remember that theres also a football game going on.

Edited by mmm sod
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1