psygolf

Derrick Henry 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

While I own Lewis and think he's the best RB in this backfield, FWIW Henry did have a long TD run called back from a hold, so his day could have been much better.  Both backs are going to get run this year.

• Like 1

‘Dis gonna be good...

Funny people who look at the stats and that's it.  If you watched the game, Henry had a 60+ yard TD negated by the most ridiculous holding call this week.

• Like 2

Just now, KuNiT21 said:

Funny people who look at the stats and that's it.  If you watched the game, Henry had a 60+ yard TD negated by the most ridiculous holding call this week.

Hey, can we please keep common sense out of this thread, please?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KuNiT21 said:

Cool. Happens to players all the time. At the end of the day his stat line is trash and he did nothing. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

lol @ the excuses. Holding is probably what broke him free.

• Like 2

Just now, cnewbykkn said:

Sooooooo.......he DIDN'T have a 60yd TD?

He did, just got called back due to holding.

Feed the beast and that's what you will get more often

• Like 1

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He did, just got called back due to holding.

Feed the beast and that's what you will get more often

So the idea is let him average 1-2 yards per carry and hope he breaks off a big run? 

Last year the excuse  use was the coaches not realizing what they have. So the coaches changes and yet again Henry is relegated to the backup role and the superior back takes over. 

Henry is huge and still didn’t get the goal line carry. When is it time to give up on this guy and just admit he isn’t as good as you think he is? 91 pages on this JAG. 

• Thanks 1

Goddamn that was an explosive 2.6 yards per carry!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

It's quite simple why Henry couldn't get going.

It's on the coaches. The coaches realizing he isn't very good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Bad start.

Only a handful of carries.

Lewis looked good it seems.

But it's clear what needs to happen here: Tennessee needs to run the ball 40+ times a game.

Mariota is awful.

I'm about over the subject of Henry but I will say: if TEN had gotten the version of Mariota they thought they were getting, Henry would be better. 

In a way, the Mariota Bust led to the Henry Bust.

• Like 1

Just now, oliminator123 said:

So the idea is let him average 1-2 yards per carry and hope he breaks off a big run? 

Last year the excuse  use was the coaches not realizing what they have. So the coaches changes and yet again Henry is relegated to the backup role and the superior back takes over. 

Henry is huge and still didn’t get the goal line carry. When is it time to give up on this guy and just admit he isn’t as good as you think he is? 91 pages on this JAG. 

You are welcome to give up on him whenever you are ready.

This was like an 8 hour lightning delayed game. Ruined momentum and flow but there are plenty of people here anxious to see Henry fail so they can take shots at me.

I don't mind that at all. Keeps the tread entertaining but if you are trying to get any meaningful info from this game I would say to exercise some patience. Henry broke off another explosive play called back due to holding.

Henry is a ground and pound guy. He will pound you for smaller runs for most the 1st half. By the 2nd half the accumulated wear and tear on the defense is too much for them and Henry rips off chunk gains. 

I'm amazed I have to repeat this so often but people are blinded by their hatred of me and/or Henry they rush to post "I told you so".

Nothing has changed after this game in my opinion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I'm about over the subject of Henry but I will say: if TEN had gotten the version of Mariota they thought they were getting, Henry would be better. 

Hmmmm.  That's a new one. 

Henry has officially joined the RBBC Gang with Freeman, Drake and Collins. This gang is getting bigger. Technically, Henry was already apart of it way before the season ever began.

Just now, SuperJoint said:

Lewis seems to have played okay with Mariota/Gabbert. What is Henry’s excuse? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

You are welcome to give up on him whenever you are ready.

This was like an 8 hour lightning delayed game. Ruined momentum and flow but there are plenty of people here anxious to see Henry fail so they can take shots at me.

I don't mind that at all. Keeps the tread entertaining but if you are trying to get any meaningful info from this game I would say to exercise some patience. Henry broke off another explosive play called back due to holding.

Henry is a ground and pound guy. He will pound you for smaller runs for most the 1st half. By the 2nd half the accumulated wear and tear on the defense is too much for them and Henry rips off chunk gains. 

I'm amazed I have to repeat this so often but people are blinded by their hatred of me and/or Henry they rush to post "I told you so".

Nothing has changed after this game in my opinion.

Henry didnt "pound" anyone today. He got denied all game long. 

• Like 1

Would be nice to see Henry get a bunch of starts to show us if he really can do it as a lead back. He has never been given much of an opportunity, but maybe the coaches see something in practices we don't get to see.

The situation reminds me so much of McKinnon. McKinnon finally gets his chance and tears his ACL. Henry had his chance for all of a couple weeks until FA opened.

1 minute ago, cnewbykkn said:

Henry didnt "pound" anyone today. He got denied all game long. 

Most Henry haters would say that 

It's fine, it's just week 1.

Henry will be be back, he still has the juice as evidenced by yet another explosive run that gets called back. 

I'm not worried.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Lewis seems to have played okay with Mariota/Gabbert. What is Henry’s excuse? 

Lewis and Henry are about as obviously different type RBs possible if you are not blind.

Lewis can instantly accelerate. I imagine when the Titans took Mariota they envisioned a heavily RPO-based offense similar to what Henry dominated the competition in his college career.

If the RPO fails Henry fails. Then you go back to regular football, and Henry is not that special in that context. He needs to get a head of steam to be effective. It's a skill naturally incongruent with the statuesque pocket passer types.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Most people who watched the game would say that 

It's fine, it's just week 1.

Henry will be be back, he still has the juice as evidenced by yet another explosive run that gets called back. 

I'm not worried.

FIFY.

• Like 1