Jin

Todd Gurley II 2018 Outlook

20 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

i'll let the playoff schedules decide ... either gurley or DJ in PPR [because I don't let 1 season cloud the fact DJ is a fantasy demigod himself] 

I would take Gurley over DJ. Lord knows who the Cards QB is going to be, and Goff is up and coming. 

33 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

i'll let the playoff schedules decide ... either gurley or DJ in PPR [because I don't let 1 season cloud the fact DJ is a fantasy demigod himself] 

If Big Ben returns (likely) and Bell and the Steelers avoid a holdout type situation, I think you would have to go Bell above DJ with that team in flux. In PPR, I like Bell or Gurley with Zeke and DJ behind them.

8 hours ago, Jin said:

"#1 overall or nah?" B)

Nothing like him, as of right now he'd be my pick. They have a lot to do, I've never liked the 3-4 base they run because the OLBs have to be all-world. But every defense is in a 40 front on at least two- thirds of the snaps. McVay should be able to get the players he wants, with a legit primary paramount. Probably their best move would be to get Watkins back. But that's only an add if he becomes more involved. I don't know if 22 FAs is a lot, but it seems so. Obviously, we all hope their focus is on the offense. Those seeing David Johnson, you want to make sure you see a team that adds! They need to & filling out the roster isn't it! 

Edited by markrc99

3 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Bell vs Gurley is a wah to me, no real preference of one vs the other is ur picking 1st rd. Basically who is going to be upset the got one and not the other? Dj is a different story because new coach, new qb, new offense,new defense means alot of unknowns and no sense of predicatble production, so more risk

Edited by dashoe

Gurley was just too good this year to not take #1. DJ has some injury (and offense) concerns, and LeVeon, while fantastic, doesn't have the TD nor big play upside Gurley has , and is a little more risky due to his drug and injury past (and contract displeasure).

10 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Gurley was just too good this year to not take #1. DJ has some injury (and offense) concerns, and LeVeon, while fantastic, doesn't have the TD nor big play upside Gurley has , and is a little more risky due to his drug and injury past (and contract displeasure).

Gurley doesn't have the receiving upside though.

Does Gurley have more big play upside that Bell? Too lazy to look but Bell makes a lot of big plays.

Agreed on TD.

4 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Gurley doesn't have the receiving upside though.

Does Gurley have more big play upside that Bell? Too lazy to look but Bell makes a lot of big plays.

Agreed on TD.

Don;t forget that this is the1st time the rams offense has played together and Goff just completed  a full seasons as a starter. I think there is nothing but upside for Gurley as a pass catcher ans the offense continues to gel and learn with each other

7 hours ago, dashoe said:

Don;t forget that this is the1st time the rams offense has played together and Goff just completed  a full seasons as a starter. I think there is nothing but upside for Gurley as a pass catcher ans the offense continues to gel and learn with each other

He can get better for sure. He will never be Bell though.

I’d rather pick 4th and have whoever’s left from Gurley, Bell, DJ, and Elliott, and get an earlier round 2 pick.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, petekrum said:

I’d rather pick 4th and have whoever’s left from Gurley, Bell, DJ, and Elliott, and get an earlier round 2 pick.

With all the uncertainty around DJ, I'd have him in tier 2 as of now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

Often they're not the #1 RB again, but there have been RB's that have had good back to back seasons (Over 250 pts in standard).

True...it's also time to start logging & evaluating Bell's # of top 5 rankings to the historical record of past elite rbs.  Getting close to the jump off period.

1 hour ago, petekrum said:

I like the middle too

Edited by psygolf

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

True...it's also time to start logging & evaluating Bell's # of top 5 rankings to the historical record of past elite rbs.  Getting close to the jump off period.

He'll only be 26 and missed some time from being a knucklehead. Not worried at all about next year.

59 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

He'll only be 26 and missed some time from being a knucklehead. Not worried at all about next year.

Re: dynasty...historically speaking, few elite rbs log more than 3 seasons in the top 5...very few.

Edited by psygolf

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

Re: dynasty...historically speaking, few elite rbs log more than 3 seasons in the top 5...very few.

I'd  have to look, McCoy and ADP haven't?

51 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I'd  have to look, McCoy and ADP haven't?

Peterson I think leads the recent pack with 5 seasons in the top 5 (scoring system dependent), LT might be the all-time leader ...McCoy can't be considered "elite"

Edited by psygolf

16 hours ago, dashoe said:

Do you think this helps or hurts Gurley's pass catching potential...

For the most part a RB catch out of the backfield is an outlet for a QB who doesn't see anything downfield or is getting pressure.  With Goff having another year in the offense there is a good chance that he will be throwing downfield more and looking to Gurley less, right?

I know there are designed plays for him to catch the ball in space but I would be interested to see what the breakdown was... don't know where to find that.

8 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

Do you think this helps or hurts Gurley's pass catching potential...

For the most part a RB catch out of the backfield is an outlet for a QB who doesn't see anything downfield or is getting pressure.  With Goff having another year in the offense there is a good chance that he will be throwing downfield more and looking to Gurley less, right?

I know there are designed plays for him to catch the ball in space but I would be interested to see what the breakdown was... don't know where to find that.

I think a top passing QB helps more because you have to respect his accuracy and ability to make big plays downfield with his arm. So you can't key in on Gurley, which opens up so much more big play ability for him and less grinding plays. Big ben-AB-Bell are exhibit A

52 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think a top passing QB helps more because you have to respect his accuracy and ability to make big plays downfield with his arm. So you can't key in on Gurley, which opens up so much more big play ability for him and less grinding plays. Big ben-AB-Bell are exhibit A

I agree but I would think that would help Gurley in the rushing department more than the receiving as defenses will have to respect Goff's arm and not stack the box. 

The counter to that would be that if Goff is now more comfortable with the offense and his ability to run it,  you could make a case that the "outlet" targets that Gurley would be getting may be thrown to a 3rd or 4th progression instead... I guess that's my question, I would like to see what targets Gurley got this year were "outlet" vs designed passes and how that will change in 2018.

2 hours ago, psygolf said:

Peterson I think leads the recent pack with 5 seasons in the top 5 (scoring system dependent), LT might be the all-time leader ...McCoy can't be considered "elite"

That doesn't really matter, as long as he fits your criteria.

Westbrook? Gore? Holmes?

I  feel like you just  made that up.

Just now, dmb3684 said:

That doesn't really matter, as long as he fits your criteria.

Westbrook? Gore? Holmes?

I  feel like you just  made that up.

Westbrook (2), Gore (2) , Holmes (3)