Jin

Todd Gurley II 2018 Outlook

Are people really talking about trading this guy? Keeping Gurley is as no brainer as it gets.

4 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

I love Sarina and her hard-hitting analysis

Most important game of the season for Todd Gurley owners:

Week 9 @ NO

If Rams win that game, they distance themselves from their only true competition for HFA in the NFC, and could clinch HFA by Week 13-14.

Gurley owners need a Saints win over the Rams in Week 9.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a Gurley/Rodgers owner, I am excited about this week 8 match-up between the Rams and Packers...

any concerns he gets rested during FF playoff games week 15, and especially 16? The rams might go close to undefeated and should lock up #1 seed effortlessly and easy.

Why would they rest him and lose a game?!? He is their entire offense and no team in the league can stop him

3 hours ago, dannyz6969 said:

any concerns he gets rested during FF playoff games week 15, and especially 16? The rams might go close to undefeated and should lock up #1 seed effortlessly and easy.

grab Brown, your team won't miss a beat

26 minutes ago, BeGreat said:

This guy is a cheat code..should be banned from leagues lol.

Until he sits out the Fantasy Playoffs and/or has his workload greatly reduced.

3 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Why would they rest him and lose a game?!? He is their entire offense and no team in the league can stop him

Uh, no, he's not "their entire offense". Woods, Kupp, Cooks, and Goff are feared as well.

But McVay has recently stated that his one regret was resting guys against SF last season before heading into the playoffs. That's not to say that Gurley won't get a blow every so often...but I don't think he sits out games.

As you mentioned - if they are headed for an undefeated season during FF playoff time, it's also less likely that he'll miss a lot of time. Playoffs are more important, but an undefeated season will be hard to pass up if it's there for the Rams at that point.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WH71 said:

if you keep saying it every week it may actually happen! 

The realistic scenario, which may be worse for us in FF, is no one sits but he is benched after the first half. This should net us at least 15-20 points though. 

Edited by JSA2422

20 minutes ago, Stratocasters said:

Uh, no, he's not "their entire offense". Woods, Kupp, Cooks, and Goff are feared as well.

But McVay has recently stated that his one regret was resting guys against SF last season before heading into the playoffs. That's not to say that Gurley won't get a blow every so often...but I don't think he sits out games.

As you mentioned - if they are headed for an undefeated season during FF playoff time, it's also less likely that he'll miss a lot of time. Playoffs are more important, but an undefeated season will be hard to pass up if it's there for the Rams at that point.

They are undefeated because opposing teams are thinking like you. Any smart team would let Goff beat you with Robert Woods rather than let Gurley get 3 Td's every single game

58 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

if you keep saying it every week it may actually happen! 

The realistic scenario, which may be worse for us in FF, is no one sits but he is benched after the first half. This should net us at least 15-20 points though. 

Root hard for the Saints at home in Week 9. 

Most important game of the season for Gurley owners.

Rams win that game....HFA is sealed.

1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

They are undefeated because opposing teams are thinking like you. Any smart team would let Goff beat you with Robert Woods rather than let Gurley get 3 Td's every single game

Jared Goff is currently top 5-10 in almost every passing metric there is. I don't think your strategy works quite as well as you believe it would. 

They are undefeated because both Gurley and Goff are playing great. 

2 hours ago, WH71 said:

I was thinking of trying to trade for this guy, but was thinking the same thing. If the Rams were 4-3 or 3-4 I'd be less concerned.

14 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I was thinking of trying to trade for this guy, but was thinking the same thing. If the Rams were 4-3 or 3-4 I'd be less concerned.

Not sure what's worse for Gurley owners:

1) Gurley sitting out games during the Fantasy Playoffs

or

2) Gurley playing, but only sparingly. Alternating series with Malcom Brown. Or just playing the 1st half. Winding up with 10-15 fantasy points as a result.

Edited by WH71

2 minutes ago, WH71 said:

Not sure what's worse for Gurley owners:

1) Gurley sitting out games during the Fantasy Playoffs

or

2) Gurley playing, but only sparingly. Alternating series with Malcom Brown. Or just playing the 1st half. Winding up with 10-15 fantasy points as a result.

Yeah, I'd rather be on the sell side than buy. Right now you can probably get a big haul and maybe come out ahead in the long run.

• Haha 1

All this talk about whether Gurley will sit or not down the stretch, I'm just out here wondering what Todd Gurley jersey we all buying when we win our league championships. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Corey In Da House said:

All this talk about whether Gurley will sit or not down the stretch, I'm just out here wondering what Todd Gurley jersey we all buying when we win our league championships. 

PopularGrandLark-small.gif

Be honest -- how many teams is Gurley carrying right now? If he went down with a multi-week injury, would you be screwed?

From PFF yesterday:

Todd Gurley is currently on pace for 467.7 fantasy points, or the second-most by any player at any position all-time. He’s also on pace for 32 touchdowns, or the most by any player all-time. 

Gurley averages 32.8 fantasy points per game over his last 10 games. The Rams have the best offense in football and they run that offense through Gurley. There isn’t really much else to say. Not only is he the most valuable asset in fantasy but there’s a good chance we might be witnessing a historic LaDainian Tomlinson-esque fantasy season from him.

9 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Be honest -- how many teams is Gurley carrying right now? If he went down with a multi-week injury, would you be screwed?

the owner in my main league is in dead last.