Jin

Todd Gurley II 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Wow..

I know, crazy. It had me considering trying to make him an offer. But if I'm the Rams I'm resting him down the stretch, unless still battling for playoffs (I don't see that happening lol). Of course, maybe he won't be rested and ends up with a historical season.

8 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

the owner in my main league is in dead last.

Interesting.

Anyone can choose Gurley in the early part of the first round by default. It takes someone knowing what they are doing to build a quality team in the mid-late part of the draft as well as free agency.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Interesting.

Anyone can choose Gurley in the early part of the first round by default. It takes someone knowing what they are doing to build a quality team in the mid-late part of the draft as well as free agency.

Agreed. People thought I was stupid for drafting Conner in the 10th round.. not so stupid now it seems lol.

10 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Agreed. People thought I was stupid for drafting Conner in the 10th round.. not so stupid now it seems lol.

At those rounds, there can't be any stupid picks. Worst thing that happens is you replace those picks with waiver picks but hey, it's the 10th round, there's a ton of uncertainty at the beginning of the season. Best thing that happens is you get the pickup of the year in Connor. So yeah, can't really fault anyone for any pick in the 10th, unless it was a second kicker or something...

David Johnson, Saquon Barkley, and Ezekiel Elliot have combined for 45 Red Zone carries this year. Todd Gurley has 43.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Stratocasters said:

McVay has recently stated that his one regret was resting guys against SF last season before heading into the playoffs.

VERY interesting!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

Interesting.

It shows this game is 90% luck with random variation sprinkled in

8 hours ago, Fabios1993 said:

Trying to sell for AB and micheal thomas, my team is so deep in RB(mixon,kerryon johnson,michel ,coleman)

So if you sell him your screwed at RB.  Don't see you so deep at RB Mixon is a low end RB1, Michel is injured, Kerryon still splits work and same with Coleman.  Don't see the logic.  Honestly sell Mixon for a Wr way before selling Gurley.  He is the best fantasy RB we have seen since the days of Faulk, Priest and LT.

9 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

the owner in my main league is in dead last.

The owner in my league took Thielen in the second round (16 team league) and he is sitting at 1-6 because there isn't much more in his team except for Leonard as LB.

I'd really like to try and get Gurley and Thielen from him, but if he is not insane he won't even consider it.

30 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

The owner in my league took Thielen in the second round (16 team league) and he is sitting at 1-6 because there isn't much more in his team except for Leonard as LB.

I'd really like to try and get Gurley and Thielen from him, but if he is not insane he won't even consider it.

Jesus thats insane to me.  You would have to basically miss on every other pick and not know what the waiver wire was to be that bad with those two.

Just now, youngrice said:

Jesus thats insane to me.  You would have to basically miss on every other pick and not know what the waiver wire was to be that bad with those two.

Sad thing is, I missed both of them. Took Zeke at 3 over Gurley and he took Thielen in the second round one before me. They could have just handed me the trophy when I'd replace Zeke and Diggs with Gurley and Thielen.

Fortunetly I play him the second time when Gurley has his bye. :D

On 10/18/2018 at 12:34 PM, sjm76 said:

To any Gurley owners, do you have Malcolm Brown on your team right now or are you waiting to add him if he is available on waivers?

Neither. Homee don't play that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oresteszero said:

Be honest -- how many teams is Gurley carrying right now? If he went down with a multi-week injury, would you be screwed?

Totally. At that point, I would try to pick up Malcolm in FA.

Are a lot of you guys handcuffing Gurley with brown? I want to hold onto him to be safe, but some players on the WW that would be worth picking up. 

On 10/23/2018 at 2:11 PM, Stratocasters said:

But McVay has recently stated that his one regret was resting guys against SF last season before heading into the playoffs.

Where did you see this?

Do you like his playoff schedule better or Barkley's? Barkley's projections seem to increase a ton over Gurley's. Not worried about them sitting him, but Barkley is doing a lot of damage without the TDs.

• Haha 1

Hopefully they lose a few games so they don’t lock up home field early and possibly rest him or take him out of games early during fantasy playoffs 

26 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

Hopefully they lose a few games so they don’t lock up home field early and possibly rest him or take him out of games early during fantasy playoffs 

I doubt they'd sit him. Week 17, sure. But that's about it. If they are blowing out teams like that then Gurley probably did all of his damage. But now I see why my guy is so popular from the NYG.

Edited by FitzMagic

On 10/15/2018 at 4:24 PM, Corleone said:

Over his last 10 games (last 4 regular season 2017, plus 6 games 2018), these are Gurley's numbers...

1,466 total yards

18 TD's

Over his last 12 games (last 4 regular season 2017, plus 8 games 2018), these are Gurley's numbers...

1,747 total yards

22 TD's

(and he gave up a TD at the end of today's game, for the good of the team to boot)

12 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Over his last 12 games (last 4 regular season 2017, plus 8 games 2018), these are Gurley's numbers...

1,747 total yards

22 TD's

(and he gave up a TD at the end of today's game, for the good of the team to boot)

And putting Gurley's touchdown numbers in an additional context, these are the offensive TD numbers for Gurley compared to a few offensive teams I checked, across the past 12 games...

Todd Gurley - 22 TD's

Giants - 21 TD's

Jets - 20 TD's

Cardinals - 16 TD's

• Like 1