Jin

Todd Gurley II 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, Monkeyman74 said:

You guys think Malcolm Brown is a nice add for a dead roster spot in case Gurley rests at all, maybe vs Zona in week 16?

For injury maybe, but not because of rest. How did resting work out last year when they got clobbered at home by Atlanta? I don’t think that will be repeated. Week 17 may be a short day, but I doubt Week 16. Arizona may not even get blown out early since they’ve been playing better since the OC change.

The rest thing is not an issue, because if they do get a 1st rd bye, which looks pretty likely, they will have that rest built in versus last year where they had to play wild card round. I think that was the big reason that McVay rested starters last year. That’s not going to be the case this year. They’ll finish their last game and have two weeks off essentially. So to think you need to worry about Week 16 rest is preposterous. The only rest I could see is not playing the 4th quarter in a blowout. But you won’t get garbage time stats, so what. It isn’t a Gurley owners that should be worried since he’s the focal point of the offense. It’s the people with Goff, Cooks, and Woods who should worry about losing stats because of rest.

Edited by FitzMagic

I traded DJ, Chubb, and Boyd to get Gurley after Week 9, just before DJ and Chubb both went off for 30+ points in Week 10. I have other depth at RB, so I thought it was a slam dunk decision for me. Here’s what’s happened since I made the trade:

Week 10

DJ - 30.3

Chubb - 32.9

Gurley - 22

Week 11

DJ - 15.4

Chubb - Bye

Gurley - 9.4

Now I’ve got Gurley on Bye this week. 

If it’s possible to screw up obtaining the best player in the league, I sure did it. 

Gurley better go go off the next few weeks. I’m afraid of his touches being limited ROS though. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

I traded DJ, Chubb, and Boyd to get Gurley after Week 9, just before DJ and Chubb both went off for 30+ points in Week 10. I have other depth at RB, so I thought it was a slam dunk decision for me. Here’s what’s happened since I made the trade:

Week 10

DJ - 30.3

Chubb - 32.9

Gurley - 22

Week 11

DJ - 15.4

Chubb - Bye

Gurley - 9.4

If it’s possible to screw up obtaining the best player in the league, I sure did it. 

Gurley better go go off the next few weeks. I’m afraid of his touches being limited ROS though. 

What was the deal last night? Its like they forgot they had him. Missed the first part of the game, but did he get nicked to start and they were intentionally limiting his touches?

Looked like the Rams knew they could throw all day on KC last night and weren't relying on Gurley at all. I am worried about them sitting him down the stretch to keep him fresh for playoffs though.

12 minutes ago, nromn said:

What was the deal last night? Its like they forgot they had him. Missed the first part of the game, but did he get nicked to start and they were intentionally limiting his touches?

Some rumors in the GDT he might have gotten a little injured on the first drive when he got dragged down. Even so, Brown was in a lot more often than usual. 

8 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Some rumors in the GDT he might have gotten a little injured on the first drive when he got dragged down. Even so, Brown was in a lot more often than usual. 

I saw that play and my heart skipped a beat. he ran back into the huddle and stayed in so i guess it didn't bother him too much. thankfully (not really) they have a BYE to rest up for the final stretch.

16 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

That would make sense if that was the case. I know it was an aerial assault, but you would think with having the ability to run, they would want to take advantage and help keep the KC Offense off the field.

Oh well, not worried, just seemed really odd like there was something else going on.

it was really annoying that he wasn't involved in much of the red zone work though...i think i saw him in for one drive near the end zone but it wasn't even a run play...

43 minutes ago, nromn said:

That would make sense if that was the case. I know it was an aerial assault, but you would think with having the ability to run, they would want to take advantage and help keep the KC Offense off the field.

Oh well, not worried, just seemed really odd like there was something else going on.

Might have been a coaching decision, like you expect that Andy Reid will scheme to stop gurley so we'll just beat you through the air if you are going to sell out to stop him.

He was hurt or specifically told he's not in the game plan. He kind of reminded me of Jeff Fisher Gurley, no energy, didn't really sprint out on most of his routes, half arse chips. I don't think he got a single run inside the tackles and his wide runs he sort of just jogged out of bounds twice also not a single red zone touch when he currently leads the league in them (I haven't checked in a few weeks so still assuming). They even ran sweeps and short passes when they needed to kill the clock on that final drive. 

Given that, obvious outlier, and I expect to hear some sort of update, hopefully after waivers clear as the plan was always to pick up Brown during/after the bye. I'm pissed I couldn't lock a playoff spot with 13 points from him but not going to moan ..rest of the team shoulda made up for it .. 

i think he is just a bit worn down from usage this year and that awkward hit in the 1st drive or so.   good time for a bye and get ready for fantasy playoffs.

3 hours ago, Kyle87 said:

Might have been a coaching decision, like you expect that Andy Reid will scheme to stop gurley so we'll just beat you through the air if you are going to sell out to stop him.

that still doesn't explain why Brown was in there for the GL and the red zone as much  as he was.  maybe he got dinged up early or was nursing something coming into the game.  no one really knows.  i don't think it was a rest issue though,  a game where you are being boat raced isn't the time to rest your top offensive play maker.  and then  there is the weird play calling at the end of the game where they elect to pass with the lead instead of give it Gurley to force KC to burn some time outs.  that was very strange and don't really buy the McVey being aggressive story.  it's one thing to have a scrub RB and not want to hand him the ball, but you have the best RB in the league and you don't let him win it for you by giving him the ball.  i don't have the snap counts in front but it definitely seemed like Brown was on the field more than usual.  felt like Gurley was there in full decoy mode, get a little bit of work here and there, just enough to remind the defense that he is on the field but then go away from him the rest of the time.  good news is he now has 14 days to get ready to play again. 

• Like 2

Todd Gurley - RB -  Rams

Speaking Tuesday, Rams coach Sean McVay confirmed Todd Gurley was limited by an ankle issue against the Chiefs but is expected to be fine going forward.

Gurley rolled his ankle early in the proceedings but stayed in the game. He was never announced with an injury. In one of the more tilting fantasy moments of the season, he failed to find the end zone in the Rams' 54-51 victory. With the Week 12 bye to heal up, Gurley will resume dominating against the Lions in Week 13.

Nov 20 - 5:12 PM

The Rams offense ran 70 plays last night.  Gurley had a total of 15 touches.  Don't have his snap counts.  Brown had 4 touches.  Both teams were passing last night.  KC ran the ball 20 attempts.  LA ran the ball 21 attempts.  Both teams passed the ball 46(KC)  & 49(LA) attempts.  Much needed bye week for Gurley.

7 hours ago, ff062018 said:

Week 10

DJ - 30.3

Chubb - 32.9

Gurley - 22

Week 11

DJ - 15.4

Chubb - Bye

Gurley - 9.4

This is pretty great 

3 hours ago, Corleone said:
Todd Gurley - RB -  Rams

Speaking Tuesday, Rams coach Sean McVay confirmed Todd Gurley was limited by an ankle issue against the Chiefs but is expected to be fine going forward.

Gurley rolled his ankle early in the proceedings but stayed in the game. He was never announced with an injury. In one of the more tilting fantasy moments of the season, he failed to find the end zone in the Rams' 54-51 victory. With the Week 12 bye to heal up, Gurley will resume dominating against the Lions in Week 13.

Nov 20 - 5:12 PM

Malcolm Brown is owned in just 22% of CBS Leagues. Gurley owners should be happy that it wasn't serious and at the same running to their waivers and putting in a claim for Brown in every league.

• Like 1

He wasn’t hurt, if he was banged up they wouldn’t run play action with him as much as they did. IMO McVay wanted to prove Goff was better than Mahomes, so the game plan was all passing, which when you see the final score of the game was necessary. First bad week in nearly a whole year.

4 hours ago, Ddam2013 said:

He wasn’t hurt, if he was banged up they wouldn’t run play action with him as much as they did. IMO McVay wanted to prove Goff was better than Mahomes, so the game plan was all passing, which when you see the final score of the game was necessary. First bad week in nearly a whole year.

top 5 worst takes on the forums - especially since news of the injury was already out 

4 hours ago, Ddam2013 said:

You don’t think a team would use the best RB in the game as a decoy?

Alright...

5 hours ago, Gohawks said:

You don’t think a team would use the best RB in the game as a decoy?

Alright...

No it’s absurd to think an Nfl coach would purposefully construct a game plan for the sole purpose of making a statement at the end of the game of MY QB IS BETTER THAN YOURS while sticking his tongue out