Jin

Todd Gurley II 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

I don't know if the Bears have faced an offense like this yet. Gurley should be fine...just dont fall at the 1 yard line anymore...The first one I agreed with , the one yesterday I did not..There was over 2 minutes left in the game and it gives u a 14 point lead. U don't know if the snap gets fumbled on the next play or anything...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the Rams clinched, who is the backup? Brown got hurt, but not sure how bad. Kelly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How far is he from the TD record? Once the Rams clinch they can do him a solid...

 

Also, I am positive the Rams will want homefield in the playoffs. If they lose to the Bears the Rams fall to 11-2 and may possibly be tied with the Saints. The Bears, who really screwed-up keeping things competitive by choking to the Giants, would be at 9-4 and own a tiebreaker. A matchup against the defending champions after that could very well see the Rams at 11-3. With a Bears team sitting at 10-4 and a Saints team sitting at 11-3 or 12-2.

 

Clinching is great. Until the Rams clinch HFA I’m not worried about losing Gurley. I’d be more confident if the Bears were sitting at 9-3 right now.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoClownQuestionsBro said:

How far is he from the TD record? Once the Rams clinch they can do him a solid...

 

Also, I am positive the Rams will want homefield in the playoffs. If they lose to the Bears the Rams fall to 11-2 and may possibly be tied with the Saints. The Bears, who really screwed-up keeping things competitive by choking to the Giants, would be at 9-4 and own a tiebreaker. A matchup against the defending champions after that could very well see the Rams at 11-3. With a Bears team sitting at 10-4 and a Saints team sitting at 11-3 or 12-2.

 

Clinching is great. Until the Rams clinch HFA I’m not worried about losing Gurley. I’d be more confident if the Bears were sitting at 9-3 right now.

 

The record is Tomlinson with 31 (28 rushing & 3 receiving) in 2006. Gurley is at 19 with 4 games remaining, So he would need an average of 3 TD's per game. Unlikely...but it's also Todd Gurley, so I wouldn't put anything past him. 

 

As far as him sitting, I don't think it's likely before Week 17, based on the Saints record. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, urban2014 said:

However if the Saints lose again...

 

If the Saints lose again, I still think Gurley plays Week 16...as the Rams have to win that game to ensure they don't have to win Week 17 (they lose the tiebreaker to the Saints). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Corleone said:

 

If the Saints lose again, I still think Gurley plays Week 16...as the Rams have to win that game to ensure they don't have to win Week 17 (they lose the tiebreaker to the Saints). 

I get it, but no one thought Dallas had a chance against New Orleans...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, urban2014 said:

I get it, but no one thought Dallas had a chance against New Orleans...

 

Agreed with that on Dallas, but the Saints would have to lose in both Week 14 and Week 15, for there to be more than a 2-game gap before Week 16. 

 

I wouldn't get nervous about Gurley sitting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i see zero scenario where gurley sits week 16 but i could see a light workload vs hapless cardinals team. i could see gurley getting 80 yards and a td by the half rams lead by 17 at half and then john kelly gets all the 2nd half work (or most of it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ilovepelas said:

i see zero scenario where gurley sits week 16 but i could see a light workload vs hapless cardinals team. i could see gurley getting 80 yards and a td by the half rams lead by 17 at half and then john kelly gets all the 2nd half work (or most of it)

 

One good thing week 16. Both NO and LAR play in the late game. No chance of LAR seeing NO lose and then sitting everyone.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

 

 

I'm not a superstitious type of guy but Mike better chill with the voodoo talk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely not complaining about Gurley but so far he’s yet to break a long TD, he normally gets a couple per year so hopefully he’s just saving them for the fantasy playoffs. It’s just so weird with how explosive of a player he is he can have 19 TDs with a long of 30 yards.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2018 at 3:43 PM, SkinsChargersFan said:

 

 

So is John Kelly the undisputed 'cuff or what? He hasn't been active all year with M. Brown around, but there's another RB (whose name I forget) who has been active for special teams. Hoping it's Kelly otherwise it's worthless even bothering.

 

Looking to 'cuff Gurley prior to this week's games and Kelly is sitting out there. Would have to drop bum A. Jeffery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

 

So is John Kelly the undisputed 'cuff or what? He hasn't been active all year with M. Brown around, but there's another RB (whose name I forget) who has been active for special teams. Hoping it's Kelly otherwise it's worthless even bothering.

 

Looking to 'cuff Gurley prior to this week's games and Kelly is sitting out there. Would have to drop bum A. Jeffery.

 

 

The other RB is Justin Davis. I believe he's played on ST's this year. He's one cut, and a blur. Last year in preseason he had some fumbling issues, if you remember.

He looks like a good RB, though. Kelly looked great this past preseason. I think if it came down to it, these 2 guys would likely share a workload.

I would imagine that Davis would get the first crack at a starting job due to Kelly being a rookie. I have no idea how these guys have developed in pass protection, though. I imagine the better of the 2 in that department would get the nod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stratocasters said:

 

 

The other RB is Justin Davis. I believe he's played on ST's this year. He's one cut, and a blur. Last year in preseason he had some fumbling issues, if you remember.

He looks like a good RB, though. Kelly looked great this past preseason. I think if it came down to it, these 2 guys would likely share a workload.

I would imagine that Davis would get the first crack at a starting job due to Kelly being a rookie. I have no idea how these guys have developed in pass protection, though. I imagine the better of the 2 in that department would get the nod.

 

So from the sounds of all that, it doesn't even sound like Gurley is worth a 'cuff no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bballcool34 said:

Hopefully tonight is a return to form for Gurley - need a big game from him tonight to seal the deal!

I really really really need a 30-40 point burger from Gurley tonight to go to the ship.  Please please Gurley go back to form! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't seen TGII do a hard run since the knee bump, but maybe the rams were in pass only mode. TGII going out on a lot of pass routes and got a 2nd td.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Any chance Gurley sits next week?

 

Not to mention they lost and don't even have a bye wrapped up yet, so the obvious answer would be, "FOCK NO he's not sitting!! You crazy?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nb009 said:

Any chance Gurley sits next week?

 

Think there's actually a genuine chance he sees very limited work if he plays. AZ just got stomped by ATL, LA could get up early and if Gurley is not 100% they could sit him early. 

 

(Possibly just wishful thinking from someone who has a potential matchup against him on championship weekend)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.