Jin

Todd Gurley II 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

The injury guarantees that he will sit if they get a sizable lead, something fellow Gurley owners have feared all season. Let's just hope and pray that Rosen and co. will be able to put up some points at home against a beatable defense. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gurley is likely to be dialed back/limited in some way. They will literally beat Arizona in their sleep. I don't think he will dnp but i would not expect heavy usage because if his knee gets worse they are a lame duck going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they have a sizable lead, let's hope it's because he's scored a few times.  In which case, you're being greedy asking for much more than that.

 

I'll hope that Woods, the Rams D, and Zuerlein take it home for from there! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HTM said:

Man this has some huge fantasy implications if Gurley is out or the playing calling limits his touches/he sits if they are blowing out ARI. 

Almost 19 points in .5 ppr by half time last week... against a good defense, even if he pulls out early you have to play him unless you have 2-3 top 5 rbs options 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knee inflammation. 

 

Playing AZ who they could beat with me starting at RB. 

 

Why risk it with Gurley this week? They need him 100% for playoffs. 

 

Hmm

Edited by Members_Only_76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeeGee60 said:

Almost 19 points in .5 ppr by half time last week... against a good defense, even if he pulls out early you have to play him unless you have 2-3 top 5 rbs options 

 

Oh you have to start him if he is playing. 100%. 

His upside could be limited though.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

 

Davis is hurt, and I think Kelly is the guy anyway.

 

I thought so to but Davis got the reps last game behind Gurley until Davis got hurt and then and only then Kelly appeared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dlionsfan901 said:

Great.  I have a feeling he’s sitting.  Who’s the grab here? Justin Kelly CJ Anderson or Davis?

 

Well definitely not Anderson, he just signed like 3 minutes ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly feel like its a precaution signing.  Kind of like Charcandrick west was for KC.  Dude hasnt even played a snap.

 

The Rams have NO depth at RB and the kid Davis is also banged up.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

I honestly feel like its a precaution signing.  Kind of like Charcandrick west was for KC.  Dude hasnt even played a snap.

 

The Rams have NO depth at RB and the kid Davis is also banged up.  

Amen.

 

I'd bet on CJA not ever dressing for them unless Davis is out this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Knee inflammation. 

 

Playing AZ who they could beat with me starting at RB. 

 

Why risk it with Gurley this week? They need him 100% for playoffs. 

 

Hmm

 

Have you seen how bad Goff is playing? 1 TD and 7 INT averaging 220 yds over the past 3 games.  I don’t think the Rams beat any NFL team “easily” the way Goff is currently playing. Esp a division rival who they embarrassed early in the season. Consider this game the Cardinals Super Bowl. If Gurley isn’t playing I’m calling my bookie and putting a big bet on ARI suw. 

 

Rams are going to have to win out to keep the 2 seed. If they have to play the Bears @Soldiwr Field in a snow bowl game this postseason they’re gonna get bounced. 

Edited by ragrag
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guy’s us Gurley owners here need to figure this out.  We can’t play with fire.  This is the chip.  Everyone grabbing Kelly just Incase?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Rams are gonna rest their best player, "because it's the Cardinals". Give me a break. Hes not significantly hurt, just a bit banged up. With Chicago breathing down their neck, last thing they should do is not put their best team out there. They need to win out to avoid going to Chicago,possibly, in the divisional round. Gurley is the engine in that offense. Stop panicking. CJ is merely insurance for Davis.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad to say it, but CJ Anderson has now worked out or signed with several different NFL teams since being released by Denver, and at no time did it ever mean anything.  

 

Gurley is going to rest after the LA Rams secure a bye (if they do so), not before.  I agree that this is a depth signing because Malcolm Brown is on I.R. and Davis banged up, nothing more.

 

McVay will have the team ready to play.  They are going to crush Arizona and start getting their mojo back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Guy’s us Gurley owners here need to figure this out.  We can’t play with fire.  This is the chip.  Everyone grabbing Kelly just Incase?

 

Fwiw, once Brown even went down a few weeks ago I grabbed Kelly as Gurley’s handcuff over Davis. Two weeks ago Davis had the only other Rams carry for 19 yards at the end of the game and vs the Eagles it was Davis once again who spelled Gurley until he himself got banged up so personally I think Kelly is a lot more athletic but a rookie, although Davis only has one year on him he’s obviously ahead in the peeking order so his health needs to be monitored this week and if he’s GtG then he’s Gurley’s backup unfortunately.

Edited by Shortnphat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AZ is TERRIBLE. The Rams win by double digits with or without Gurley. My guess is a full nearly two weeks of rest would do him some good (potentially three if they don't need him next week). I'd sit him unless he was 100%. AZ ain't beating anybody.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ragrag said:

 

Have you seen how bad Goff is playing? 1 TD and 7 INT averaging 220 yds over the past 3 games.  I don’t think the Rams beat any NFL team “easily” the way Goff is currently playing. Esp a division rival who they embarrassed early in the season. Consider this game the Cardinals Super Bowl. If Gurley isn’t playing I’m calling my bookie and putting a big bet on ARI suw. 

 

Rams are going to have to win out to keep the 2 seed. If they have to play the Bears @Soldiwr Field in a snow bowl game this postseason they’re gonna get bounced. 

 

LMAO, have you seen AZ play? funny stuff here. yeah let's see how the fan base and team owner feels if Gurley goes down for the season because they pushed him to play against AZ (who they beat 28-10). LA gets bounced from playoffs without Gurley even if they're at home with a BYE.

 

 it's wise to rest Gurley against AZ. even if he starts, he may not play more than 1 or 2 quarters.

 

 

 

Edited by Members_Only_76
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Guy’s us Gurley owners here need to figure this out.  We can’t play with fire.  This is the chip.  Everyone grabbing Kelly just Incase?

I mean why wouldn't you grab him if you can?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you all need to visit the Melvin Gordon thread ... go to last week's posts - 

 

"HE DEFINITELY GONNA PLAY THIS GAME MEANS EVERYTHING ZOMG THEY WOULD NEVER SIT HIM WITH SO MUCH ON THE LINE!!1!!1! HE PRACTICING!!!1! LIMITED, YES, BUT PRACTICING!!1!11!1! FIRE HIM UP FELLAS!!1!111!"

 

yet the Chargers went into Arrowhead with two palookas at RB ... why?  because, as i stated in that thread, the longer term picture was more important.  that notion was scoffed at by the hoi polloi. 

 

sure, the Rams don't wanna go to Chicago in January (nobody does) ... but at least with Gurley they'd have a shot.   

 

now, they run him out this week, and he incurs more damage, well ... then it matters not who/what/where/when they play.  they are dead without him at full strength. 

 

if the Chargers went into Arrowhead without MGIII then you can be damn sure that the Rams are gonna err waaayyyy on the side of caution.  it's called "precedent" in regards to a team's star RB.  

 

and, yeahyeahyeah ... i know Gordon's injury was more serious/structual - but, again, that's more reason for the Rams to play it safe. 

 

gl to you all. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shortnphat said:

 

Fwiw, once Brown even went down a few weeks ago I grabbed Kelly as Gurley’s handcuff over Davis. Two weeks ago Davis had the only other Rams carry for 19 yards at the end of the game and vs the Eagles it was Davis once again who spelled Gurley until he himself got banged up so personally I think Kelly is a lot more athletic but a rookie, although Davis only has one year on him he’s obviously ahead in the peeking order so his health needs to be monitored this week and if he’s GtG then he’s Gurley’s backup unfortunately.

 

I think I'd read Davis' role as a backup earlier was largely because he also played special teams and that Kelly was always the intended next man up as a pure RB after Brown was injured.  I had not been closely monitoring this so I could be mistaken 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zak0221 said:

is Kelly a better waiver pick up than Ballage or Jamal Williams? lol

 

if Gurley is out, yes IMO

 

whoever gets the bulk of touches for LA will have a 15 point floor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.