Jin

Todd Gurley II 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, Zak0221 said:

is Kelly a better waiver pick up than Ballage or Jamal Williams? lol

Not at the moment, but if Gurley gets ruled out, which unfortunately I don't think will happen til Friday at the earliest, you gotta go with Williams for sure, Ballage and Kelly would be closer.

9 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

is Kelly a better waiver pick up than Ballage or Jamal Williams? lol

I think Williams is still ahead of him since not only is Gurley not ruled out yet but Kelly isn't guaranteed to get the bulk of the carries with Davis looking technically ahead of Kelly before he injured his shoulder. Ballage is a big dart throw on a bad team and should lose touches to Drake so I'd prefer throwing the dart on Kelly who is on the better team, had a strong preseason (haven't been able to see much of him since but many felt he was the handcuff ahead of Brown entering season) and is the only fully healthy RB (I can't imagine Anderson is a big factor and his difficulty to get signed is a red flag to me although dude looked legit just last year when he had over 1.2k yards for Denver while losing more snaps than he probably should have to Booker). 

That is assuming you don't own Gurley. If you own Gurley I think you have to go with Kelly unless your RB situation is an absolute disaster. 

Edited by Jaw1

While divisional matchups are notoriously more difficult, AZ is terrible. They just had to bench their starting quarterback for bad play.

To expect Gurley to get his normal load without them focusing on the big picture is utterly naive IMO.

This thread sounds exactly like the Conner and Melvin Gordon threads where there were signs of concern but owners kept turning a blind eye to them.

• Like 1

Not feeling good about Gurley at all. If he plays I think most have to start him since Gurley is a TD machine and can easily outscore most people's bench options on a single drive. No idea who the backup is but I'm adding Kelly first and also trying to get Davis just in case in most leagues with this the final week (I guess doesn't apply to everyone and Rams aren't likely to clinch this week so Gurley could play some next week) and most of my bench useless (just make sure to check your opponents roster and make sure you aren't dropping anyone that could be a potential starter for them). 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

AZ is TERRIBLE. The Rams win by double digits with or without Gurley. My guess is a full nearly two weeks of rest would do him some good (potentially three if they don't need him next week). I'd sit him unless he was 100%. AZ ain't beating anybody.

Replace AZ with PHI and you have the same scenario they had going into this week and yet they still ended up losing.

5 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

While divisional matchups are notoriously more difficult, AZ is terrible. They just had to bench their starting quarterback for bad play.

To expect Gurley to get his normal load without them focusing on the big picture is utterly naive IMO.

This thread sounds exactly like the Conner and Melvin Gordon threads where there were signs of concern but owners kept turning a blind eye to them.

and when the PS rb was called up by the Chargers, everyone said it was to cover Ekeler, when it was actually because they knew Gordon was sitting (same here with CJA as supposedly cover/insurance fir Davis).

those threads are all too familiar to me as an MGIII/Conner owner ... the delusional rationalizing was epic.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, matthewpullman93 said:

Haven't seen it discussed, but does anyone else think they may just keep Gurley 'active' vs AZ but only use him if needed?

Logically that makes a ton of sense. I can't think of an example of that happening off the top of my head though. I guess its a minor issue since he can re-warmup on the sideline but standing on the sidelines after the initial pre-game warmup would probably cause his knee to stiffen up. 

4 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

Replace AZ with PHI and you have the same scenario they had going into this week and yet they still ended up losing.

PHL > infinity AZ

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

sooo ... we're now comparing Super Bowl Champs/MVP (Foles) to the Josh Rosen Cardinals?  really?  it's come to that?

look, i know the Iggles are not playing to those lofty standards, but ... c'mon man!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

sooo ... we're now comparing Super Bowl Champs/MVP (Foles) to the Josh Rosen Cardinals?  really?  it's come to that?

look, i know the Iggles are not playing to those lofty standards, but ... c'mon man!

The 2018 edition Eagles are Super Bowl champs? Don’t things/change year to year or am I missing something and we are grading the 2018 Eagles to be equivalent to the 2017 Eagles?

also, lol to “c’mon man”. I read it just like the bit on ESPN LOL. Now I’ll send it back.

c’mon man LOL.

2 minutes ago, NoClownQuestionsBro said:

The Rams lose and the Bears win and guess who gets a bye week?

Nah dude who cares its only Arizona. *sarcasm*

2 minutes ago, NoClownQuestionsBro said:

The Rams lose and the Bears win and guess who gets a bye week?

last week if the Chargers lost guess who would've clinched the AFC West? their opponents, the Chiefs. 

yet they went into battle with Kid DYNOMITE and Ozzie Newsome in the backfield while Gordon healed up. 

i'm outta here ... this is going to hell in a hand cart real fast. 

15 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

Except AZ and PHI aren't even close to the same caliber of teams (one is a half game out of the playoffs while the other is on pace for a top 2 pick) and it really isn't the same scenario. The Bears are a game closer to them and now they can't simply write off the offensive struggles in the bears game as due to their elite defense but that there are legitimate issues with the offensive line, Goff and adjustments to the way opposing defenses are playing against them. I'm assuming after playing through the injury his knee is probably worse as well. 

Edited by Jaw1

2 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

The 2018 edition Eagles are Super Bowl champs? Don’t things/change year to year or am I missing something and we are grading the 2018 Eagles to be equivalent to the 2017 Eagles?

also, lol to “c’mon man”. I read it just like the bit on ESPN LOL. Now I’ll send it back.

c’mon man LOL.

hey, mah good man ... at this time last year ... were the Iggles considered Super Bowl contenders after losing Wentz?

you may wanna check your history here, fella ... they shocked the world. 

10 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

Except AZ and PHI aren't even close to the same caliber of teams and it really isn't the same scenario. The Bears are a game closer to them and now they can't simply write off the offensive struggles in the bears game as due to their elite defense but that there are legitimate issues with the offensive line, Goff and adjustments to the way opposing defenses are playing against them. I'm assuming after playing through the injury his knee is probably worse as well. 

Last week PHI were 13 point underdogs, this week ARI is a a 14 point underdog. So I would say the situation is pretty similar. I am a HUGE eagles fan but they are not a super bowl caliber team this season, last year is in the past.

edit: the situation is different they are on the road at one of the hardest stadiums to play at instead of sunny LA.

Edited by Ddam2013

Oh man. Obviously some folks haven’t seen AZ play. It’s cool.

Roll with Gurley if he’s healthy and starting. Of course.

Fantasy is about being ahead of the curve though. I’m trying to grab Kelly. 

27 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

hey, mah good man ... at this time last year ... were the Iggles considered Super Bowl contenders after losing Wentz?

you may wanna check your history here, fella ... they shocked the world. 

True, true. But what does that have to do with the 2018 Eagles or Cardinals?

The Rams just signed C.J. Anderson. Does this mean anything in regards to Gurley?  Could it be insurance as Davis is also banged up?

Everyone is going to speculate every day with no idea of what's going to actually happen.

Early reports on Sunday will be that he's "active."

Everyone will speculate with no idea of what's going to actually happen.

Everyone will say they feel sick but that they "have" to start to him.

There's nothing we can do but pray.

1 minute ago, Saboo said:

The Rams just signed C.J. Anderson. Does this mean anything in regards to Gurley?  Could it be insurance as Davis is also banged up?

Wasn't Davis banged up prior to this week? It's 100% about Gurley's health. It might be a precaution at this point sure, but if Gurley was 100% and so is Kelly, they don't sign CJ.

Just now, FritzLn said:

i was hoping kelly would be the guy

don't want to make room for CJ's fat a** too

CJ wouldn't carry the mail if Gurley was inactive. He signed hours ago...

On NFL Live this afternoon, they mentioned the issue may be pass pro with the active rbs behind Gurley. Malcolm Brown was someone they were very high on.

Holding Kelly to keep away from my competition who has Gurely man. Will waive Saturday for a WR.