Jin

Todd Gurley II 2018 Outlook

47 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Yeah.  As expected, the Rams look dominant right now but you never know what can happen from now until week 16.  The Rams could be playing in a must-win game to make the playoffs or clinch their division come week 16.

This is just false. The other 3 teams in the NFC West are all garbage. They will clinch the division very early. And likely clinch a bye before Week 16. 

4 hours ago, FF4life said:

The problem with Gurley is, he will sit out Weeks 16 and 17 because the Rams will have clinched.

So you won't have him for your Fantasy Finals.

So what are you going to do trade him? Dude is a stud and with him on your team you probably have the best shot at making the finals. Just pick up Brown or Kelly (Brown is #2 on depth chart but Kelly seems more talented and if Gurley was out likely would be involved) if you are really concerned. A decent number of guys sit or play limited amounts in week 17 which is why fantasy leagues shouldn't play that week, it is more of a crapshoot than normal. 

1 hour ago, sjm76 said:

Yeah.  As expected, the Rams look dominant right now but you never know what can happen from now until week 16.  The Rams could be playing in a must-win game to make the playoffs or clinch their division come week 16.

oooorrrrr ... trying to keep their perfect record intact - who's to say they won't be 13-0 heading into our magick foosball playoffs?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

So what are you going to do trade him? Dude is a stud and with him on your team you probably have the best shot at making the finals. Just pick up Brown or Kelly (Brown is #2 on depth chart but Kelly seems more talented and if Gurley was out likely would be involved) if you are really concerned. A decent number of guys sit or play limited amounts in week 17 which is why fantasy leagues shouldn't play that week, it is more of a crapshoot than normal. 

Looking at the NFC, it's the Rams and everybody else. They might have HFA clinched after Week 14.

19 minutes ago, FF4life said:

Looking at the NFC, it's the Rams and everybody else. They might have HFA clinched after Week 14.

That is assuming an awful lot, things rarely go as planned and a lot can happen between now and then. Even if they did you really think they'd sit their starters that long? Gurley doesn't need a full game to produce and once again just get the backup(s). The only alternative I see is to trade him (I don't even know what type of offer it would take me to accept) and I'm not going to do that based off what "could" happen. It is only week 4, there is plenty of time before I start worrying about Gurley potentially being sat early and the even bigger priority is making sure I make the fantasy playoffs.

I think you are getting ahead of yourself a bit and I'm not sure how its helpful to think about it now since the only preventive measures you can take are to handcuff him (not a bad idea depending on size of bench and other factors) or trade him.

Edited by Jaw1

41 minutes ago, FF4life said:

This is just false. The other 3 teams in the NFC West are all garbage. They will clinch the division very early. And likely clinch a bye before Week 16. 

This is true.  We need another NFC team to challenge the Rams for home field.

53 minutes ago, FF4life said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

4 hours ago, FF4life said:

McVay rested all starters in preseason.

Rams will have clinched everything by Week 16.

I bet Gurley doesn't play a single snap in Week 16.

It's not just about winning the division but also trying to get the best seed for home field. It's extremely unlikely they have home field locked up after week 15 (they have more good teams on the schedule, they have 7 road games left and v east coast teams), and if they still need to win to get the 1 seed then they're gonna play for it.

Week 16 is not a real concern, especially not after 3 weeks and 1 game

Edited by geosporin
  • Like 1

In his last 8 regular season games going back to last year, Gurley has 17 total TD's (with at least 1 TD in each game). 

McVay is smart, that goal line series where he ran it 3 straight times to get into the end zone with your best player, very smart, no playing games, old school smash mouth pound it in. 

• Like 2

I wish I had even 25% of his production this year back when I had him two years ago 

He’s giving you QB-like production from the RB spot. Hell he’s out producing some QBs out there.

Just think about that for a second.

I said earlier this post 20 tds was within reach. Might have to change projections to 25 tds... his rushing totals are human but he’s a td generating machine...

Really stinks that I haven't had a top-5 pick in my standard redraft league the last few years. Watching this guy put up 20+ points every week in standard is ridiculous.

On 9/28/2018 at 12:13 PM, Jaw1 said:

I think you are getting ahead of yourself a bit and I'm not sure how its helpful to think about it now since the only preventive measures you can take are to handcuff him (not a bad idea depending on size of bench and other factors) or trade him.

So, who is is real handcuff?  Malcolm Brown Ran for him week 17 last year, and they faced San Francisco and LOST.  They face San Fransisco again this year week 17.

Malcolm didn't do much in that game, 14 attempts for 54 yards.  4 receptions for 7 yards.  No Tds.  The score was a 34 to 13 rout.  

Is John Kelly better?  Trying to plan ahead after bye weeks, on who we should grab.

14 minutes ago, Elcamino said:

So, who is is real handcuff?  Malcolm Brown Ran for him week 17 last year, and they faced San Francisco and LOST.  They face San Fransisco again this year week 17.

Malcolm didn't do much in that game, 14 attempts for 54 yards.  4 receptions for 7 yards.  No Tds.  The score was a 34 to 13 rout.  

Is John Kelly better?  Trying to plan ahead after bye weeks, on who we should grab.

I'm not sure. I don't know much about either but I've heard Kelly is the better player but Brown is the #2 on the depth chart. Depth charts aren't set in stone but I don't really have any other useful info to go off of so Brown would be my guess. Could be a committee although probably will be the dreaded "hot hand". I wouldn't look too much into last years numbers although that seems like a strong workload especially if the game got out of hand early (likely won't happen with no Jimmy G). 

Edited by Jaw1

It'll be a RBBC - right now Kelly hasn't even been activate so unless you think they are "keeping him on ice" (lmao @ the mcfadden truthers last year) but can't see them not letting Kelly get some real game reps in the event of a lock. 

• Like 1

It has been a joy to own him - the one constant on my team.

A great part about owning him is that their bye week isn't until week 12 so he's always in your line-up