Jin

Todd Gurley II 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

I had to sleep to get ready for work during the Rams game. I love it when I head off to bed behind in the projection only to wake up and learn that Gurley won it again for my team. He's totally carrying my team, and I'm constantly rejecting trade offers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best offensive player for the best offensive team what’s not to like. You can argue all day about what RB is the most talented back in the NFL (I believe it’s Gurley) but what can’t be argued is how great McVay is. Teams have 2 options; stay in base defense and have a linebacker guard one of Cooks, Woods or Cupp but do better against Gurley (Minnesota) or play in sub defense, try to stop the receivers and let Gurley have a bigger game. He has 28 TDs over his last 20 games but faces 8+ men in the box on 9.9% of his carries, 2nd lowest in the league just behind Jamal Williams (5.66%) and ahead of backs such as Miller, Drake and Kerryon Johnson (all ~12%)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2018 at 4:44 PM, Jags02 said:

I had to sleep to get ready for work during the Rams game. I love it when I head off to bed behind in the projection only to wake up and learn that Gurley won it again for my team. He's totally carrying my team, and I'm constantly rejecting trade offers. 

 

 

Until the Rams clinch the NFC by Week 14 and Sean McVay sits Gurley out Weeks 15-17 like he did the entire preseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

Best offensive player for the best offensive team what’s not to like. You can argue all day about what RB is the most talented back in the NFL (I believe it’s Gurley) but what can’t be argued is how great McVay is. Teams have 2 options; stay in base defense and have a linebacker guard one of Cooks, Woods or Cupp but do better against Gurley (Minnesota) or play in sub defense, try to stop the receivers and let Gurley have a bigger game. He has 28 TDs over his last 20 games but faces 8+ men in the box on 9.9% of his carries, 2nd lowest in the league just behind Jamal Williams (5.66%) and ahead of backs such as Miller, Drake and Kerryon Johnson (all ~12%)

 

 

What's not to like? Well, the Rams will clinch the division very very early...lightening Gurley's workload later on. Then when they clinch the NFC, he will sit out entire games (Sean McVay rested all his starters during preseason)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, FF4life said:

 

 

What's not to like? Well, the Rams will clinch the division very very early...lightening Gurley's workload later on. Then when they clinch the NFC, he will sit out entire games (Sean McVay rested all his starters during preseason)

Let’s say they clinch the division early, which they probably will, that only guarantees a top 4 seed. Currently there are 3 other teams in the NFC with one loss, it only takes one of them being within one game to keep the Rams playing their starters until week 16 which is what the majority of fantasy players care about. Also let’s think back to last season when Sean McVay rested all of his starters the final week, you want to fill me in on how they fared against the Falcons in the opening week of the playoffs? Resting players before the playoffs hurts more than it helps.

Edited by Ddam2013
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is the love for this mega stud? C’mon he literally brought me back this week and won me $1,000 in DK today.  I know I’m not the only one who needs to praise this dude! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had 2nd overall pick, Gurley went 1st and I picked Bell 2nd..... Imagine I'd be 4-1 or 5-0 right now if it went the other way around. 

 

Undisputed 1st overall pick for probably the next few seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Where is the love for this mega stud? C’mon he literally brought me back this week and won me $1,000 in DK today.  I know I’m not the only one who needs to praise this dude! 

 

The love is there, set and forget, nothing needs to be said.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

No one else is worried that Brown received an unusually high amount of carries. I could see a timeshare developing to keep Gurley fresh.

Gurley had 28 rushing attempts lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over his last 10 games (last 4 regular season 2017, plus 6 games 2018), these are Gurley's numbers...

 

1,466 total yards

18 TD's

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s such a luxury owning him.  I can’t believe I agonized and tossed and turned in bed leading up to my draft debating if I should take Bell, DJ, or Zeke over him.  I narrowed it down to Gurley and DJ draft day and last second decided Gurley.  Lol it’s very silly I almost choose DJ over him! Thankfully I made the right choice with Gurley!

Edited by dlionsfan901

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dlionsfan901 said:

It’s such a luxury owning him.  I can’t believe I agonized and tossed and turned in bed leading up to my draft debating if I should take Bell, DJ, or Zeke over him.  I narrowed it down to Gurley and DJ draft day and last second decided Gurley.  Lol it’s very silly I almost choose DJ over him! 

Not sure why you tossed and turned. If you had the #1 pick you should have slept like a baby. If you were debating on drafting Gurley #1 I have to question your entire existence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Not sure why you tossed and turned. If you had the #1 pick you should have slept like a baby. If you were debating on drafting Gurley #1 I have to question your entire existence.

 

You are right sir.  But at the time it wasn’t as easy of choice.  I kept overthinking that he would maybe have an off-season.  I will never doubt this beast again! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2018 at 5:49 PM, FF4life said:

 

 

What's not to like? Well, the Rams will clinch the division very very early...lightening Gurley's workload later on. Then when they clinch the NFC, he will sit out entire games (Sean McVay rested all his starters during preseason)

 

The Rams still play the Packers, Saints, KC, Bears D, and Philly. You think if they are fighting for home field that McVay will sit his starters? Ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

 

The Rams still play the Packers, Saints, KC, Bears D, and Philly. You think if they are fighting for home field that McVay will sit his starters? Ridiculous.

 

 

Saints are their biggest competition for HFA. If Rams beat the Saints in that game, they distance themselves and get the tiebreaker. Rams might clinch HFA by Week 14.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...