Jin

Todd Gurley II 2018 Outlook

8 hours ago, brosephd said:

this guy is literally the value of 3 players. some s---y teams are still .500 with gurley. 

That’s why snake is total s--- but that’s another topic.

Gurley owners - Make sure you have your Weeks 15-17 replacements ready....cause Gurley will be sitting.

1 minute ago, WH71 said:

Gurley owners - Make sure you have your Weeks 15-17 replacements ready....cause Gurley will be sitting.

Teams dont rest players for 3 weeks dude. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Teams dont rest players for 3 weeks dude. 

Sean McVay does.

He rested ALL his starters the entire preseason.

This is a coach who doesn't play his studs unless he absolutely needs to.

If Rams beat the 4-1 Saints in Week 9, they distance themselves even further from the #2 team in the NFC....and will clinch HFC by Week 14.

Also, Rams are 3 games up on the Seahawks in the division. When the Rams clinch the divsion by like Week 11....Gurley's workload will lighten up in the next games if the Rams are controlling game. Expect a lot of Malcom Brown.

2 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Think he will run all over Sanfran?

Niners are middle of the pack in run defense but Gurley's redzone prowess is 2nd to none.

Crazy that is floor so far this year is 23.7 in PPR leagues and that was week 1.  Feels a lot like the year I owned LT when he went nuts for 31 total TDs.

1 minute ago, WH71 said:

Sean McVay does.

Resting starters during the preseason does not mean he will rest starters for more than 1 week in the regular season. Many teams don't play their starters much at all during the preseason.  I don't recall teams ever resting starters for more than week 17, and if the Rams have an undefeated season in the makings they will not rest people. 

• Like 1

1) He doesn't fail on his red zone opportunities

2) The team doesn't get cute and try to throw when he does fail

Wish more teams did this with their RB

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

1) He doesn't fail on his red zone opportunities

2) The team doesn't get cute and try to throw when he does fail

Wish more teams did this with their RB

Like NE. After Sony misses on his first attempt then Brady either passes or vultures a TD with a QB sneak.

On 10/17/2018 at 8:42 AM, iretirefromfantasy said:

Think he will run all over Sanfran?

Even if he finds it tougher than usual to find yards via the ground game, Niners are horrid at defending screens and locating RBs on passing plays.  McVay will definitely go out of his way to exploit that area of the Niner's defense, especially with Kupp out.

He's going to get his one way or another against this defense.  

Given these concerns about end of season usage, should us Gurley owners be targeting Saquon/Gordon in trades?

Might be avenue worth exploring especially if you can upgrade at another position in the process.

For instance, I might start trying to do something like Gurley + Sanders for Saquon + Hilton.

not trying to make this an AC discussion, but this may be a sell high opportunity worth exploring before media outlets pick up on these concerns. 

Edited by Rainyy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

Given these concerns about end of season usage, should us Gurley owners be targeting Saquon/Gordon in trades?

Might be avenue worth exploring especially if you can upgrade at another position in the process.

For instance, I might start trying to do something like Gurley + Sanders for Saquon + Hilton.

not trying to make this an AC discussion, but this may be a sell high opportunity worth exploring before media outlets pick up on these concerns. 

Nope 

4 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

Unless you also have homefield advantage locked throughout the fantasy playoffs, I would not.

4 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

Gurley is better than Saquon now and probably for the future. Sanders is better than Hilton now and possibly for the future. I don't have Gurley but if I did, i would only trade him for a top tier RB1 (Saquon, Gordon, Kamara, Zeke) and a strong WR2 (Juju, Diggs). And I would probably even only do that if i needed the WR depth.

To any Gurley owners, do you have Malcolm Brown on your team right now or are you waiting to add him if he is available on waivers?

6 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

To any Gurley owners, do you have Malcolm Brown on your team right now or are you waiting to add him if he is available on waivers?

waiting until after the bye

20 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

waiting until after the bye

I play in a competitive 14 team PPR league so it could be too late to add him by then.  I'll likely add him around week 8-9.  We shouldn't forget about John Kelly, though.  If Gurley does indeed sit in weeks 15-16, Brown could split carries with Kelly.

52 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

No, by that logic saquan might as well be resting because the Giants season will be over by week 13 as well.

On 10/11/2018 at 5:48 PM, FF4life said:

Until the Rams clinch the NFC by Week 14 and Sean McVay sits Gurley out Weeks 15-17 like he did the entire preseason.

On 10/17/2018 at 11:45 AM, WH71 said:

Sean McVay does.

This is a coach who doesn't play his studs unless he absolutely needs to.

If Rams beat the 4-1 Saints in Week 9, they distance themselves even further from the #2 team in the NFC....and will clinch HFC by Week 14.

Did you create a second account so someone would agree with you? A LOT would have to go the Rams way for the rams to clinch HFA by week 14. They still have to play the packers, saints, chiefs, Seahawks, bears and Eagles who are all really good teams. Also McVay rested his starters last year and the next week the top offense in the NFL scored 1 TD against the falcons. He will not make that mistake again.

Preseason is not regular season. What's done in preseason does not matter. It's way too early to be talking about this. Plus they'd likely only rest in Week 17. If they are undefeated they aren't resting. If they are fighting for the #1 seed they aren't resting. The only time they'll rest is in a blowout and your players have likely gotten their fantasy points by then.

6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Preseason is not regular season. What's done in preseason does not matter. It's way too early to be talking about this. Plus they'd likely only rest in Week 17. If they are undefeated they aren't resting. If they are fighting for the #1 seed they aren't resting. The only time they'll rest is in a blowout and your players have likely gotten their fantasy points by then.

the Rams will just keep winning. The more they win, the more Gurley owners worry. 

14 minutes ago, WH71 said:

the Rams will just keep winning. The more they win, the more I worry.