DerrickHenrysCleats

Amari Cooper 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

I need him to be 18 pts or less in my 1/2 PPR dynasty league to win.  I'll be sweating, because I do feel like its about as 50/50 as you can get.   

8 hours ago, NBatum88 said:

Predictions for tomorrow? 

He'll get a huge target share but (1) it's Cooper, so he'll drop a couple and (2) it's Duck Prescott, so some will be uncatchable.

All in all though I think in this game Jerry will want Cooper to be force-fed so it isn't so obvious how badly he got snookered in this trade.  So he will probably have a big game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beerdown said:

I need him to be 18 pts or less in my 1/2 PPR dynasty league to win.  I'll be sweating, because I do feel like its about as 50/50 as you can get.   

I put the chance of the under at over 90%. No where near 50/50. 50/50 would be something like 6-8 points.

8/120/1TD is my bold prediction. Dudes is going to be fed. He is going to prove it was Carr not him tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Need 10.9 in standard from him because of Josh Gordon and James White. Would like to think that they'd force a few balls to him in the red zone, but I'm not confident at all.

Hope he gives everyone a little bump...Dak could be a nice wildcard in the playoffs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I put the chance of the under at over 90%. No where near 50/50. 50/50 would be something like 6-8 points.

As other posters said, I think he gets force fed a few balls no matter what.  Hopefully Tennessee anticipates that.  

3 minutes ago, Brotherbock said:

6/70/5

The 5 is drops.

At least he has 6 catches.

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

At least he has 6 catches.

Yeah, I'm moved by the whole 'they're going to throw at him a lot to prove they didn't overpay' argument.

Total line will be:

Targets: 25

Catches: 6

Drops: 5

Yards: 70

• Haha 1

Just now, Brotherbock said:

Yeah, I'm moved by the whole 'they're going to throw at him a lot to prove they didn't overpay' argument.

Total line will be:

Targets: 25

Catches: 6

Drops: 5

Yards: 70

So the other 14 targets are inaccurate throws from Dak? Sounds about right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, devaster said:

So the other 14 targets are inaccurate throws from Dak? Sounds about right.

Pretty much. One or two might be good defensive plays. 

Just now, Brotherbock said:

Pretty much. One or two might be good defensive plays. 

Good point.

15 minutes ago, Beerdown said:

As other posters said, I think he gets force fed a few balls no matter what.  Hopefully Tennessee anticipates that.  

This a zeke 1st offense not a show the world Amari can catch the ball because we traded him for a 1st offense.  I think Amari will have a few plays called just to legitimately stretch the field and keep the defense honest, because that is what helps the run game, expect galloway to benefit from this coverage too.

If Dak hit on a couple of thse throws then it makes life easier for the cowboys.

The trade is validated if Dal wins games and executes their offense the way they want, not because Amari catches a bunch of targets looks like a stud and they still lose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

The trade is validated if Dal wins games and executes their offense the way they want, not because Amari catches a bunch of targets looks like a stud and they still lose.

If they 'coulda' had him for a 2nd or 3rd, then just winning may not be enough to validate that trade. I mean, Ricky Williams played some good ball for the Saints. But was Ditka validated in giving up 14 first round picks, 20 million in pure heroin, the last living manatee, and the secret to cold fusion just to be able to draft the guy? 

To validate a 1st rounder, Cooper has to clearly be one of the reasons they win. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

This a zeke 1st offense not a show the world Amari can catch the ball because we traded him for a 1st offense.  I think Amari will have a few plays called just to legitimately stretch the field and keep the defense honest, because that is what helps the run game, expect galloway to benefit from this coverage too.

If Dak hit on a couple of thse throws then it makes life easier for the cowboys.

This all makes sense....

for a competent organization

• Haha 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if he got like 2 catches for 17 yards lol 

Just now, iretirefromfantasy said:

Cooper will go over the 100 yard mark tonight, book it!

Are you sure you want to "book it"?

One thing he has going for him is that I didn't start him this week.  Didn't start him in week 2 and 4 either and those were his only good games.  

5 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

It's booked.

Booking confirmed.

Firing him up with extreme necessity.

11 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Cooper will go over the 100 yard mark tonight, book it!

Yards run? Definitely.

On 10/22/2018 at 7:44 PM, dashoe said:

On a team that runs and runs and runs. I see no upside here compared to the raiders. plus Dak isnt good. 

its all about Elliot

The Cowboys want to win. Not just pad Zeke's fantasy totals. Anyway, a legit passing game is needed to help the run and they didn't trade a 1st for a decoy. Fully anticipate Cooper being heavily involved, but dunno if he'll do much with it.