DerrickHenrysCleats

Amari Cooper 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

I fortunately felt confident starting him on both of my leagues this week (I know csb 😂). Looked silky smooth & explosive out there today. 

Here was a very informative write up about him from about a week ago: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/15/dallas-cowboys-amari-cooper-impact-on-dallas-offense-target-log/amp/

Potential League Winner or at the very least a solid FLEX ros. He was probably dropped in many leagues by frustrated owners which was understandable so he might have even been free from waivers. 

Super sexy sched as well so Roll him him out there ladies & gents! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ah1082 said:

I fortunately felt confident starting him on both of my leagues this week (I know csb 😂). Looked silky smooth & explosive out there today. 

Here was a very informative write up about him from about a week ago: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/15/dallas-cowboys-amari-cooper-impact-on-dallas-offense-target-log/amp/

Potential League Winner or at the very least a solid FLEX ros. He was probably dropped in many leagues by frustrated owners which was understandable so he might have even been free from waivers. 

Super sexy sched as well so Roll him him out there ladies & gents! 

Except he had 5 pts and like 6 targets vs Atlanta.

Grats on your points but this is a headache and a half.  FML !

26 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Except he had 5 pts and like 6 targets vs Atlanta.

Grats on your points but this is a headache and a half.  FML !

I get he had a clunker vs Atl Zak. But I’m happy with him as my flex.  Me saying league winner was just for effect lol.

I’m not rolling him out as my WR1 or WR2. Solid FLEX or high upside WR2 rest of yr. 

Game
REC
YDS
AVG
LNG
TD

11/22
vs
WAS

11/18
@
ATL

11/11
@
PHI

11/5
vs
TEN

This is like the same thing he's always done isn't it?  Blow up once in a blue moon and stink it up the vast majority of the time.

12 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

This is like the same thing he's always done isn't it?  Blow up once in a blue moon and stink it up the vast majority of the time.

Yep, this is accurate. There’s a high chance Coop will go 3 catches for 17 yards next week

I think he’ll be a low floor high ceiling WR going forward with Dak throwing him the ball.  The two plays he scored on were short throws he took to the house off of missed tackles.

I think the best thing to hope for is him to continue getting 8-10 targets per game as he has the talent to make plays.  When he has gotten that he’s scored 10+ points which is pretty serviceable as the WR2/3 on a team.  His one bad game so far with the cowboys he got 5 targets but still put up 5 points (half ppr).

Wish I started him this week what can I say. Also can put up a clunker next week as others have said. However still MUCH better than the raiders. Solid flex play at worst. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

I mean no he's not gonna take passes 90 yards to the house every game but he's been solid since the trade outside of last week. Most important thing is he's involved...with the type of roll Dallas is on right now I think Coopers just getting started.

• Like 1

Congrats to those who started him. With the options I had I couldn't justify benching him - it wasn't as though I was enthused about starting him. 

He showed what we knew but always nice to have a reminder - he's very talented, and the move to DAL has been a potential career-saver.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

Look at his stats since being in Dallas.  One bad game out of 4.

• Like 3

I view him top 5 rest of the season if Zeke stays healthy. They need to stack 8 in the box for Zeke which means house plays for Cooper if Dak can get it to him

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

I view him top 5 rest of the season if Zeke stays healthy. They need to stack 8 in the box for Zeke which means house plays for Cooper if Dak can get it to him

No doubt Zeke is the key to Cooper's continued success.

31 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Dak still sucks so I'll be cool with top 12

Lol, people still trying to hate on him after this game and 3/4 good games since in Dallas. Ex-gfs everywhere.... 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

No doubt Zeke is the key to Cooper's continued success.

Y'all got it twisted.

Cooper helps Zeke more than vice versa 

6 minutes ago, FF4life said:

Y'all got it twisted.

This could actually be true - I hadn't considered that. 

Obviously Cooper wasn't around the previous couple years during which Zeke's been fine.

How about  - it was a good trade for the Cowboys.

22 minutes ago, FF4life said:

Y'all got it twisted.

Your right but Zeke still helps coop too. Its a mutual relationship where Zeke does benefit more but coop still does benefit. More than being on the raiders. Thats the important part.

Great as a flex play who could have blow up games like this. Last week was more the mirage than any of the other weeks. I doubt he gets 38 again but he should consistently get 15 which ain’t half bad

14 minutes ago, spidybl said:

Great as a flex play who could have blow up games like this. Last week was more the mirage than any of the other weeks. I doubt he gets 38 again but he should consistently get 15 which ain’t half bad

Flex play?

He's an every-week WR2 with WR1 upside.

• Like 1

I'm a battered ex-GF.

I had a chance to pick him up FA in my league after the trade and passed.  Buddy who's #2 in league picked him (I played him last week for the 6.6 game woohoo!  I won by 60 overall CSB)

He's not worth the headache to me, even with a game like today.  He would have been on my bench, I'm sure of it.

All you new GFs enjoy the ride, he is doing well in DAL no doubt.  I hope he doesn't beat your a** for 1.5 season like he did me :(

Edited by Cleanface

5 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Is this the best game by a wr this year? I played against him this week and never lost a week on a Thursday . I guess he is the best receiver in football now

Tyreek hill last week had 10/215/2....