DerrickHenrysCleats

Amari Cooper 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

7 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Not so sure this is true.  Name me 12+ guys will be definitively better than Amari moving forward?

Hill, Thomas, Thielen, Julio, Hopkins, AB, Adams, OBJ, Evans, Woods, Cooks, Diggs, Keenan Allen, AJ Green if healthy

Those are 12-13 locks. I would also consider these additional players over Cooper:

Juju, Sanders, Golladay, Hilton

Edited by WaiverLooter

3 hours ago, atdharris said:

Traded him for gronk this week. Oh well. I just couldn’t see a scenario where I started him over OBJ, Juju and Woods. I’m sure Cooper will blow up ros 

This could be a great trade for you. You shouldn't start him over those three receivers. Given the TE situation this year a 50% Gronk will be a solid improvement for you..Assuming you don't have Kelce, Ertz, or Kittle. It's possible that Gronk is closer to 100% coming off 3 weeks rest in which case he could be a league winner.

4 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Hill, Thomas, Thielen, Julio, Hopkins, AB, Adams, OBJ, Evans, Woods, Cooks, Diggs, Keenan Allen, AJ Green if healthy

Those are 12-13 locks. I would also consider these additional players over Cooper:

Juju, Sanders, Golladay, Hilton

Again, not so sure these top 12-13 are locks as better than Cooper.  Remember that Cooper is no longer stuck in Oakland.  Talent and situation finally appear to be aligning for him....moving forward same tier as Woods, Cooks, AJ Green, Evans, JuJu, Hilton etc with room for more.

5 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Again, not so sure these top 12-13 are locks as better than Cooper.  Remember that Cooper is no longer stuck in Oakland.  Talent and situation finally appear to be aligning for him....moving forward same tier as Woods, Cooks, AJ Green, Evans, JuJu, Hilton etc with room for more.

Simple overreaction from 1 game. I listed 18 guys there. 

All of the players you mentioned that should be in the same tier have much better qbs throwing to them with much more explosive offenses.

Edited by WaiverLooter

3 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Simple overreaction from 1 game. I listed 17 guys there. 

All of the players you mentioned that should be in the same tier have much better qbs throwing to them with much more explosive offenses.

Nope not one game.  Look at his targets since coming to Dallas.  You can bet he will keep getting force-fed after they gave up a 1st rounder for him.

Edited by El_Chingon

Just now, El_Chingon said:

Nope not one game.  Look at his targets since coming to Dallas.

All of those guys I listed above him get those targets every game. You mentioned that he is in the same tier as woods. Woods has not gotten less than 70 yards all game except the first game where the pecking order hasn’t been established. Cooper just came off a 3 catch 36 yard game before this blow up. No way he’s in the same universe as woods or cooks.

And like I said I listed 18 guys. Even if he was in the same tier as 6, he’s not a top 12 option.

Um, Green?  Slight problem there.  He's injured.  Heck no on Thielen.  Woods and Cooks are really good but they kind of cancel each other out.  Evans is a bit up and down.  Hilton is about even, but I'll give you that one.  And the rest.  So that makes Cooper a WR1 in my book.

• Like 1

Diggs is probably ahead of Cooper.

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Um, Green?  Slight problem there.  He's injured.  Heck no on Thielen.  Woods and Cooks are really good but they kind of cancel each other out.  Evans is a bit up and down.  Hilton is about even, but I'll give you that one.  And the rest.  So that makes Cooper a WR1 in my book.

Cooks and Woods are guaranteed for 70 yards every game. Cooper’s floor on Dallas has been established at 36 yards...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Cooks and Woods are guaranteed for 70 yards every game. Cooper’s floor on Dallas has been established at 36 yards...

Sample size my friend.  Cooper's been here 4 weeks, with no offseason or TC to build rapport.   His target share should increase,  not decrease, moving forward.   

Edited by El_Chingon

Dropped Cooper 2 days before he was traded regretted it instantly after the trade went down. My opponent for this week picked up Cooper when I cut him, 38 points dropped on my soul this week. I lost Kupp for the year so owning Coop would of been really nice. 

stupid homer simpson GIF

5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Diggs is probably ahead of Cooper.

Wouldn't say ahead, would lump them in the same tier.  Love Diggs also but he gets banged up a lot.

I would put Cooper in the same realm as TY Hilton. Hilton gets the edge because he is on a better offense with Luck throwing him the ball.

Before this blowup, Cooper’s lines were 5 for 58, 6 for 76, 3 for 36. 

For or any other receiver, that’s 3 straight disappointing weeks.

No other receiver listed would have a stretch like that. Thielen worse than Cooper? Laughable...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, metalmat said:

I would put Cooper in the same realm as TY Hilton. Hilton gets the edge because he is on a better offense with Luck throwing him the ball.

Fair, agreed.

Just now, WaiverLooter said:

No other receiver listed would have a stretch like that. Thielen worse than Cooper? Laughable...

Sounds like you missed out or dropped him?  And no one said Theilen worse?  Your reading comprehension needs some work my friend.

3 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Sample size my friend.  Cooper's been here 4 weeks, with no offseason or TC to build rapport.   His target share should increase,  not decrease, moving forward.   

Can only base it on past performance and forward hype. Just being a realist. These other receivers have been doing it for 10 weeks. Cooper literally 1 huge game in which the redskins kept turning the ball over. I have him around 15 but there’s a clear gap between him and top 12

2 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Dropped Cooper 2 days before he was traded regretted it instantly after the trade went down. My opponent for this week picked up Cooper when I cut him, 38 points dropped on my soul this week. I lost Kupp for the year so owning Coop would of been really nice. 

stupid homer simpson GIF

I dropped Cooper after week 6. Was that the week he was traded? 

1 minute ago, El_Chingon said:

Sounds like you missed out or dropped him?  And no one said Theilen worse?  Your reading comprehension needs some work my friend.

12 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Edited by WaiverLooter

1 minute ago, WaiverLooter said:

Can only base it on past performance and forward hype. Just being a realist. These other receivers have been doing it for 10 weeks. Cooper literally 1 huge game in which the redskins kept turning the ball over. I have him around 15 but there’s a clear gap between him and top 12

so the small detail of moving to a new team where he will be featured...not a factor?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Recency bias at its finest. I guess my own personal ranking of Cooper has more to do with having owned him in a standard league. Two of those weeks are respectable floors in PPR and one in standard. He is more of a low-end WR2 in PPR. He is still going to be inconsistent in Dallas because they are a run-heavy offense and Dak sucks. Better situation than Oakland no doubt because Oakland stopped involving him completely.

Same deal as Corey Davis. Every week Corey Davis breaks out everyone goes crazy and says this is it and "I told you so". Then he falls on his face again the next week or puts up a disappointing performance.

2 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Nah I got 3 receivers better in Julio, Diggs and Woods. Actually top 12 guys based on points scored and more than 1 performance.

1 minute ago, WaiverLooter said:

Shark is saying heck no Cooper is not better than Theilen.  No one thinks that so either brush up your reading comprehension or stop propping up your straw men.

If you want a nice steady 5-55 weekly, go get yourself Willie Snead and get out of my League-Winner-Amari-Cooper thread!  Thielen has had his 15 minutes of fame, the Devil will show up soon to collect his soul.

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I dropped Cooper after week 6. Was that the week he was traded? 

Um right before the Dallas bye weeks so week 7 or 8. I cut him when he got that concussion and than was out the next game.