DerrickHenrysCleats

Amari Cooper 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

3 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Can only base it on past performance and forward hype. Just being a realist. These other receivers have been doing it for 10 weeks. Cooper literally 1 huge game in which the redskins kept turning the ball over. I have him around 15 but there’s a clear gap between him and top 12

In 4 weeks since Amari Cooper joined the cowboys he has given fantasy owners 64 fantasy points in 1/2 ppr ... 

Those are damn good numbers . 

37 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And don't you dare say broken down Adam Friggin Thielen!!

Pretty sure he is saying Cooper over Thielen. Which again... is laughable...

Just now, shakestreet said:

In 4 weeks since Amari Cooper joined the cowboys he has given fantasy owners 64 fantasy points in 1/2 ppr ... 

Those are damn good numbers . 

3/4 of those points came from one game... not saying that isn't good, but that is also misleading to say something like that.

3 minutes ago, devaster said:

Recency bias at its finest. I guess my own personal ranking of Cooper has more to do with having owned him in a standard league. Two of those weeks are respectable floors in PPR and one in standard. He is more of a low-end WR2 in PPR. He is still going to be inconsistent in Dallas because they are a run-heavy offense and Dak sucks. Better situation than Oakland no doubt because Oakland stopped involving him completely.

Same deal as Corey Davis. Every week Corey Davis breaks out everyone goes crazy and says this is it and "I told you so". Then he falls on his face again the next week or puts up a disappointing performance.

Recency bias doesn't really apply when a player is on a completely new team and situation.

Just now, devaster said:

3/4 of those points came from one game... not saying that isn't good, but that is also misleading to say something like that.

1 game on a new team and new situation.  He is no longer in Oakland.

If offered Thielen for Cooper straight up right now, I would decline.  But Thielen is not right physically right now, you can see the sluggishness in games and he's been limited in practice.  Also, I have just never thought much of Thielen.  I think he's an UDFA talent who tries really hard.

Just now, El_Chingon said:

Recency bias doesn't really apply when a player is on a completely new team and situation.

Yes, yes it does. It's still bias based on recent results. Now, the bias may be more justified due to the new situation, but it definitely still applies. 

For all you guys propping him as a WR1 (and I sure hope that ends up holding true) would you turn down a trade of Diggs or JuJu etc for him right now? I would take that and runnnnn

1 game on a new team and new situation.  He is no longer in Oakland.

So he will do this 1 out of every 4 games in Dallas? Or 100 yards and 1-2 TD is now the weekly standard for him? It just took him 3 weeks to adapt to his new situation? Honestly curious how you view his outlook ROS.

5 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Shark is saying heck no Cooper is not better than Theilen.  No one thinks that so either brush up your reading comprehension or stop propping up your straw men.

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If offered Thielen for Cooper straight up right now, I would decline.  But Thielen is not right physically right now, you can see the sluggishness in games and he's been limited in practice.  Also, I have just never thought much of Thielen.  I think he's an UDFA talent who tries really hard.

I think my reading comprehension is fine and yet you tried to correct me like 3 times. Perhaps you need reading comprehension...

• Like 1

Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

You're wrong about the talent there, respectfully, but I agree that Thielen's injuries are taking more of a toll than they are letting on. But if someone offered me Thielen right now, I would deffffinitely think long and hard then probably accept. That's a tough one. If Thielen was healthy, it's not a hard decision.

1 blow up game where he runs in 2 long TDs and he is all of a sudden a WR1? Are you all still drunk from Thanksgiving? He is on a run first team with a bad, inaccurate quarterback. They don't take deep shots and normally don't score many TDs. He is a backend WR2 and if you think otherwise you are truly deluding yourself. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I remember the days where Cooper had literally zero trade value even after his trade to Dallas. I doubt anyone would trade anything of value for Cooper since he was picked up off waivers in most leagues at this point. Or was someone people were trying to trade for scraps all season.

• Haha 1

Just now, furbz420 said:

1 blow up game where he runs in 2 long TDs and he is all of a sudden a WR1? Are you all still drunk from Thanksgiving? He is on a run first team with a bad, inaccurate quarterback. They don't take deep shots and normally don't score many TDs. He is a backend WR2 and if you think otherwise you are truly deluding yourself. 

If you own Cooper and think you can get a WR1 for him right now from owners like the ones in this thread, DO IT. I like Cooper but this is as sell high as a sell high can get.

I think the trade deadline passed in most fantasy leagues. I will say that I am glad he blew up on waivers rather than my bench this week. I was never going to start him anyway. Always hurts to see points on the bench.

5 minutes ago, devaster said:

So he will do this 1 out of every 4 games in Dallas? Or 100 yards and 1-2 TD is now the weekly standard for him? It just took him 3 weeks to adapt to his new situation? Honestly curious how you view his outlook ROS.

Thank you Mr. Straw Man!  No one thinks he will replicate that performance every 4 games.  That would  make him a top 5 overall player.

1 minute ago, El_Chingon said:

Thank you Mr. Straw Man!  No one thinks he will replicate that performance every 4 games.  That would  make him a top 5 overall player.

So what is your outlook then?

Edited by devaster

1 minute ago, devaster said:

I think the trade deadline passed in most fantasy leagues. I will say that I am glad he blew up on waivers rather than my bench this week. I was never going to start him anyway. Always hurts to see points on the bench.

What shyt league would he be on waivers weeks AFTER trade to dallas?  8 teamer with granny and papa?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe Dallas wasn't so crazy for giving a 1st for Cooper. They have won 3 out of the 4 games with Cooper on the team and are now 1st in the NFC East. Cooper is showing he has talent. He is fast, runs great routes and gets open all the time. WRs like this dont just grow on trees

• Like 1

1 minute ago, devaster said:

I know. I am looking at it as a season long. coop has 5 more games 

this is he a WR 1 or 2 ... doesn’t mean a damn thing since most leagues start 2 or 3 WRs . 

You start Coop every week unless your team is loaded at the WR 

4 minutes ago, devaster said:

I can’t see him getting 100 yds and 1-2 TDs every week since we all know the team runs through %Zeke 

1 minute ago, El_Chingon said:

What shyt league would he be on waivers weeks AFTER trade to dallas?  8 teamer with granny and papa?

I can already see you in the next Vent and Rent Thread wondering why Mr. WR1 Amari cooper has 3 catches for 27 yards against the Saints. Cooper isn't that good, Dak isn't good, the Cowboys pass attack isn't good - they are a ball control, run first team. Cooper will get no separation vs Lattimore next week and will put up another stinker. As he has done pretty much all year. 

Cooper has been useless the entire year, and you think 1 good performance sky rockets him in to WR1 territory. s--- leagues and fantasy players overlook a season + of bad production riddled with drops, mental errors, and questionable effort- then label a guy a WR1 after 1 fluke performance where he breaks a tackle and houses a slant route twice. 

My RoS outlook: 15-20 range.

Things holding him back is the Dallas passing offense. Redskins gifted possessions to cowboys.

upside: redzone passing threat with little competition from other WR or TE.

Like I said, the other receivers above him play in a much friendlier offense. These offenses can support multiple WR1s, Vikings and Rams. And their floor on their yardage is much more stable.

1 minute ago, furbz420 said:

I can already see you in the next Vent and Rent Thread wondering why Mr. WR1 Amari cooper has 3 catches for 27 yards against the Saints. Cooper isn't that good, Dak isn't good, the Cowboys pass attack isn't good - they are a ball control, run first team. Cooper will get no separation vs Lattimore next week and will put up another stinker. As he has done pretty much all year. 

Cooper has been useless the entire year, and you think 1 good performance sky rockets him in to WR1 territory. s--- leagues and fantasy players overlook a season + of bad production riddled with drops, mental errors, and questionable effort- then label a guy a WR1 after 1 fluke performance where he breaks a tackle and houses a slant route twice. 

You dropped him?? So sorry. 

Sometimes it is nice to have context and perspective. Like Amari's ranking previous to this week's stats in a standard scoring league. When dealing with byes it is always easier to drop a player like Landry or Amari and try and pick them back up the next week. Or chase the next big blow up. Amari just happens to be the blow up this week.

yQXeebw.png

You dropped him?? So sorry. 

No, I don't waste early round draft picks. And if you started him yesterday, you got lucky and your team sucks, or you're in a very deep league.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, furbz420 said:

No, I don't waste early round draft picks. And if you started him yesterday, you got lucky and your team sucks, or you're in a very deep league.

If you don't think fantasy football is over 50% luck, you are delusional 🤣

That said, it doesn't take much reading of the tea leaves to predict an upswing in production following a trade in which Dallas gave up a 1st rounder.  They took a lot of heat for that deal so they will make it a point to get him the rock.  Completely different situation than Oakland.