DerrickHenrysCleats

Amari Cooper 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

1 hour ago, jumper said:

Regardless of what you think of Cooper's skill set or value as a fantasy player, he's undeniably be a big part of the Dallas offense coming back to life since the trade.  His renaissance in Dallas is akin to the rehabilitation of Ebron in Indy.  Don't know if this is going to continue forward into next year or if it will reflect in his 2019 redraft ADP, but it's certainly a good trend to see. I have no shares in him but as a real-life football fan it's good to see guys finally achieve some of their latent potential.  He seems to be making Dak into a startable fantasy asset again which is very surprising to see as well.

You sound like Troy Aikman.

What is making Dak into a serviceable QB again, is that the O-Line is getting somewhat healthy and the running game is taking off again. The Cowboys are winning games because of their defense. Not Dak nor Cooper. The defense has yielded 18 points per game during their win streak.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, devaster said:

His ADP next season should be lower than going into this season, but it won't be. He was insanely hyped this season as a back-end option to put up WR1 numbers and failed to deliver. He isn't going to ever consistently put up #1 numbers with Dak and the Dallas offensive scheme. But at least he is getting targets. I expect he will be overvalued in drafts next season.

Auto draft is going to kill a lot of teams next year before the season even begins.

8 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

You sound like Troy Aikman.

What is making Dak into a serviceable QB again, is that the O-Line is getting somewhat healthy and the running game is taking off again. The Cowboys are winning games because of their defense. Not Dak nor Cooper. The defense has yielded 18 points per game during their win streak.

I think you're overstating my enthusiasm for Cooper and Dak.  I'm merely saying neither was really a relevant fantasy starter in typical size leagues and now both are plausible starters.  Neither is obviously a superstar or going to get mistaken for Tyreek or Mahomes but the trade seems to have been mutually beneficial for both players.  Cooper looked like a complete bust in Oakland and now he looks like he at least belongs on an NFL roster. 

2 minutes ago, jumper said:

I think you're overstating my enthusiasm for Cooper and Dak.  I'm merely saying neither was really a relevant fantasy starter in typical size leagues and now both are plausible starters.  Neither is obviously a superstar or going to get mistaken for Tyreek or Mahomes but the trade seems to have been mutually beneficial for both players.  Cooper looked like a complete bust in Oakland and now he looks like he at least belongs on an NFL roster. 

Amari never looked like a bust in Oakland. He simply wasn't getting any targets. He was open and running routes on nearly 100% of the snaps. But targets were inconsistent or nonexistent. I think Amari could be a WR1 with a better QB or offensive scheme though. That was the hope in Oakland this year with Gruden coming to town and peppering his #1 receiver.

Here's a wild idea: Maybe Dak is doing better because of Amari and the o-line.

Could be too radical, I dunno.

24 minutes ago, devaster said:

Amari never looked like a bust in Oakland. He simply wasn't getting any targets. He was open and running routes on nearly 100% of the snaps. But targets were inconsistent or nonexistent. I think Amari could be a WR1 with a better QB or offensive scheme though. That was the hope in Oakland this year with Gruden coming to town and peppering his #1 receiver.

Exactly. Anyone hating on Amari didn’t watch any games. Derek Carr was the problem in Oakland. Amari was getting open at a pretty high clip, Carr was just too afraid to throw downfield. 

There were games this season in Oakland where he was getting 1 target the entire game. He's still inconsistent, but he's more serviceable in Dallas than he was in Oakland.

1 minute ago, WaiverHero said:

Amari blows up this week and RoS? Chances of being a league winner??

29.99999999999999% 

56 minutes ago, WaiverHero said:

League winner? No. Serviceable in the remaining weeks? Yes.

1 hour ago, WaiverHero said:

Amari is a really good player but here is the problem, Dallas is a run first offense with a good defense that does not score a ton of points. You can't bank on him putting up numbers week to week like Adams or have a safe floor like Hopkins. He deserves to be in lineups as a WR2 but don't expect to be popping champagne bottles over consistent 2 TD games.

Edited by metalmat
  • Haha 1

its pretty simple this week. if you own amari cooper, you start amari cooper. 

• Like 4

terrified to continue playing him... so good, yet so sketchy.  I can see him in my dreams goose egging the championship game. 

• Like 2

Cooper is reborn is Dallas! What a game! Definitely not afraid to take him next year. They’ve restored his confidence & he’s balling 

• Like 1

Man. I regret dropping him during a bye week dilemma. Could really use him now with my injuries.

On 12/6/2018 at 3:18 PM, devaster said:

You've been consistently wrong about the player for a long time now.

On 12/6/2018 at 4:18 PM, devaster said:

League winner

• Like 1

Damn what a monster game. I had been doubting his consistency his whole career but in Dallas, he’s been revitalized. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m wrong: he’s probably a WR1 in this offense, maybe a lower floor than some other options but his ceiling is as high as anyone.

Edited by WaiverLooter

Decent wr2 is his floor but he can absolutely win you a week with his big play potential either after the catch or on a deep route that dak can hit. He’s like a Tyreek Hill before Mahomes

2 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Damn what a monster game. I had been doubting his consistency his whole career but in Dallas, he’s been revitalized. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m wrong: he’s probably a WR1 in this offense, maybe a lower floor than some other options but he a ceiling as high as anyone.

I guess it depends on how you define a WR1. Because he has a very low floor even in Dallas. I tend to view guys that are up and down more in the WR2 mix. He has definitely moved up to borderline WR1 for me.

Reminds me of Brandin Cook production in NO/NE.

Edited by devaster