DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

There was a 3rd down play, I think in OT where the safety clearly crept up and Gordon was one on one on the left side. Tyrod tried to squeeze one into Njoku down the seam and it was broken up. THAT CAN’T HAPPEN. When Gordon is one on one he has to be the first look.

4 minutes ago, kp96 said:

didn't lose either.  i agree they should get gordon the ball more but criticizing a game plan where they didn't get blown out doesn't make sense.  they were competitive doing what they did, which is a lot considering last year.

THe defense kept them in the O was trash

4 hours ago, ponchsox said:

This guy is gonna ball out when Baker hits the field.

Tyrod sure was taking a beating. I could see Baker getting banged up too. 

2 hours ago, bangarrang said:

I was only able to watch the game on nfl.com gamecast. For those able to actually watch the game, was Gordon getting separation while on the field? I know he may have had a long TD if Tyrod didn't underthrow (on the play that resulted in a pick) but other than that, how did he look?

Glad the day was salvaged with the TD but I'm not encouraged by his usage, by Tyrod's play, or by the amount of sacks that Tyrod and the O-line allowed.

Looked like he can still easy run by the dbs. 

2 minutes ago, kp96 said:

didn't lose either.  i agree they should get gordon the ball more but criticizing a game plan where they didn't get blown out doesn't make sense.  they were competitive doing what they did, which is a lot considering last year.

You really don't get it, do you?  It would have been a blow out if not for Ben's terrible performance.

It was surreal watching the whole game, begging for a target to the most talented WR in the league, then finally getting one and watching him Moss a defender for a TD.

How can Hue and Haley even be in the league when they won't use their best player, while losing, until 2min left in the game?

How could Jimmy Haslam even employ these two?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Tyrod sure was taking a beating. I could see Baker getting banged up too. 

Baker would have been knocked out of the game by halftime if he started. Did you see the Browns' pass blocking? 

You think Baker would have avoided that rush, those hits?

2 minutes ago, Tutex3 said:

Baker would have been knocked out of the game by halftime if he started. Did you see the Browns' pass blocking? 

You think Baker would have avoided that rush, those hits?

No lol that's why I said I could see him going down too if he had to go in. 

15 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Did you watch the game?  They were all but done, until Conner fumbled, and Big Ben gave up another INT.  That happened late in the game.  Before Conner's fumble, people were leaving the stadium and booing.  Cleveland was fortunate to even tie the game, but that all Pitts fault, not some great game planning by Hue that kept them in the game.  Pitt had a total of 5 turnovers and still lead most of the game (21-7 late in the 4th).    Don't let the tie score fool you.

Watching the most overrated coach in the NFL vs the worst coach in the NFL was quite amusing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Tutex3 said:

You really don't get it, do you?  It would have been a blow out if not for Ben's terrible performance.

It was surreal watching the whole game, begging for a target to the most talented WR in the league, then finally getting one and watching him Moss a defender for a TD.

How can Hue and Haley even be in the league when they won't use their best player, while losing, until 2min left in the game?

How could Jimmy Haslam even employ these two?

Haslam has a fetish of being dominated 

• Haha 2

Perfect time to target him, I’m sure some managers might want to get rid of him. 

His snap count was very high. I thought it was low so wasn’t concerned about his low target share but he was in 60+% of snaps. Wtf happened?

9 minutes ago, ellie826 said:

His snap count was very high. I thought it was low so wasn’t concerned about his low target share but he was in 60+% of snaps. Wtf happened?

decoy, running go routes down the sideline. Zero designed plays for Lord Gordon. Hard to fathom

2 hours ago, kp96 said:

They were not even competitive until Gordon caught that TD.

10 minutes ago, Tutex3 said:

decoy, running go routes down the sideline. Zero designed plays for Lord Gordon. Hard to fathom

Weird...at least if they’re going to make Landry AB, use Gordon like Martavis.

Tyrod is such a horrible fit at QB for Gordon's strength. The guy plays way to safe. 1 catch is unacceptable. Hopefully the Browns arent afraid to go to Mayfield sooner rather than later. 

• Like 2

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

It's all the coaches fault.

?

Gordon was clearly on a snap count due to either punishment or being out for so long. Either way, my point was the coaches are bad. Good players still tend to do good with bad coaches.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Gordon was clearly on a snap count due to either punishment or being out for so long. Either way, my point was the coaches are bad. Good players still tend to do good with bad coaches.

He played 68 snaps.

That's a generous snap count

2 hours ago, Bmore86 said:

There was a 3rd down play, I think in OT where the safety clearly crept up and Gordon was one on one on the left side. Tyrod tried to squeeze one into Njoku down the seam and it was broken up. THAT CAN’T HAPPEN. When Gordon is one on one he has to be the first look.

Yeah, saw that too.  Not sure why Tyrod didn't give Gordon a chance when one on one.  Tyrod's strength are deep passes and running.  So I thought this would benefit Gordon, but Tyrod hardly looked at him.  Probably a combination of game planning, pass protection issues and weather.  But still, Gordon was in for about 78% of the plays, so throwing to him only 3 times is almost criminal. 

A bit off topic, but I've been a fan of Tyrod's, and this is the first time I felt Tyrod himself held the offense back. He missed several open receivers, and I mean he didn't even attempt a pass to open receivers, on several occasions.

I hope I am wrong, but...

Edited by FollowTheLeader

blowing the win there was the worst thing for tyrod and best for baker and best for gordon ROS

they win the game it buys tyrod time

they tie the game it make mgmt think they got a legit squad, and with a few tweaks they can be winners

they woulda won if tyrod knew how to throw

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LyondellBasell said:

blowing the win there was the worst thing for tyrod and best for baker and best for gordon ROS

they win the game it buys tyrod time

they tie the game it make mgmt think they got a legit squad, and with a few tweaks they can be winners

they woulda won if tyrod knew how to throw

Really hope you're right. Hard to see Gordon getting unleashed with how safe tyrod plays. A switch to Baker would be huge for Josh.

6 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

A bit off topic, but I've been a fan of Tyrod's, and this is the first time I felt Tyrod himself held the offense back. He missed several open receivers, and I mean he didn't even attempt a pass to open receivers, on several occasions.

I hope I am wrong, but...

He just isn't a good QB. The guy had a pretty loaded WR/TE corp in Buffalo at one point (Watkins, Woods, Hogan, Goodwin and Clay) and did nothing with it. 

There's no reason for Mayfield to not be starting. He looked extremely good in the preseason and isn't afraid to press the ball downfield. 

Hue Jackson is just a moron. Simple as that. 

• Like 1

I'm thinking maybe Tyrod and Gordon haven't had a chance to really make a connection considering Gordon came back late in training camp