DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

6 minutes ago, Fierylady said:

This is why the Bills tried to replace him with Nathan Peterson, of all people, Tyrod doesn't run the offense.

Not even remotely true. They knew they weren’t going to keep him so they wanted to see what they had in PeterMAN. That is the only reason ($$$)  he was benched last season. And look how well that worked out for them.

Edited by lolcopter
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fierylady said:

This is why the Bills tried to replace him with Nathan Peterson, of all people, Tyrod doesn't run the offense. He's an athletic gamer and beloved by his teammates, but he's too conservative. He doesn't throw the ball where the play's designed to go, preferring to use his athletic ability to buy time until something more obvious comes open. It drove the Bills' coaches crazy. It's hard to design an offense around a guy who plays QB like that. Tyrod needs a few years as a backup, IMO so he can learn how to QB without the pressure of winning. That he's been so successful despite his shortcomings is a testament to his talent, but his weaknesses are absolutely fixable. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he had a McCown style come back after a few years as a backup.

I think that speaks more to Buffalo (starting *Peterman) than it does Tyrod and his play.

Tyrod was able to manage two winning seasons while starting in Buffalo, making the playoffs last season, their first time in almost 20 years. He had a good run game, a good defense, but his WR units were one of the worst in the league. 

He started as a backup in Baltimore before even playing in Buffalo. 

It was one game. Give him time. 

Edited by Grayson2401

20 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Not even remotely true. They knew they weren’t going to keep him so they wanted to see what they had in PeterMAN. That is the only reason ($$$)  he was benched last season. And look how well that worked out for them.

So they benched their starting QB for a 5th round rookie while in the midst of a playoff run to save money? I don't think so. They honestly believed Peterman gave them the best chance to win. It seems as laughable now as it did then, but that's why they did it. You don't take a look at a fifth round rookie while you're in the hunt for a playoff spot, that's why everyone thought it was so weird.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Darnold lighting it up for Jets puts more pressure on Browns to unveil Baker, soon

Lol tyrod plays like a college quarterback, if the first read isnt there, he tucks the ball and runs.  0 progression.  We're going to need Mayfield, if Gordon is going to be ROI.  The Jets picked Darnold at #3 and are playing him already and they are looking good, but the Browns, who knows what the hell they're doing.  It's saying alot about your franchise if the freaking JETS are making you look incompetent.

• Like 2

Gordon will absolutely get his looks. Even if Lattimore covers him. 

Zero pass rush, a secondary that just got dad dicked by Evans and co. This could be a great game. 

Gordon has two identifiable avenues for success this week. 1) Saints defense plays like garbage again. 2) Saints regain form and create opportunities for garbage yards. 

3 minutes ago, Bish0p said:

Lol tyrod plays like a college quarterback, if the first read isnt there, he tucks the ball and runs.  0 progression.  We're going to need Mayfield, if Gordon is going to be ROI.  The Jets picked Darnold at #3 and are playing him already and they are looking good, but the Browns, who knows what the hell they're doing.  It's saying alot about your franchise if the freaking JETS are making you look incompetent.

It has been one game into the 2018 season.

Fitzpatrick is currently the best QB in the NFL and is making every team that did not trade for him this offseason look incompetent. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

It has been one game into the 2018 season.

Fitzpatrick is currently the best QB in the NFL and is making every team that did not trade for him this offseason look incompetent. 

One game? i'm pretty sure tyrod has played like this his whole career.  He's trash, sorry.

6 minutes ago, Bish0p said:

One game? i'm pretty sure tyrod has played like this his whole career.  He's trash, sorry.

Define "trash" please:

Nobody is arguing Tyrod is an elite QB. He is basically an average QB, which in the NFL, can be very valuable. There are a number of teams that wish Tyrod was their QB. Is he limited? Sure. Is he trash? No. 

3 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

Define "trash" please:

Nobody is arguing Tyrod is an elite QB. He is basically an average QB, which in the NFL, can be very valuable. There are a number of teams that wish Tyrod was their QB. Is he limited? Sure. Is he trash? No. 

Sorry dude, the guy is straight up trash.  Please name me ONE team in the league that would rather have him as their STARTING QB? I'll wait.

5 minutes ago, Bish0p said:

Sorry dude, the guy is straight up trash.  Please name me ONE team in the league that would rather have him as their STARTING QB? I'll wait.

Detroit Lions....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

I'm expecting a big game against the saints. Hopefully the weather holds up

Why y'all laughin? Lol

i just meant Gordon should start getting garbage time stats at the end of the 1st. No way will this game be close 

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

Why y'all laughin? Lol

i just meant Gordon should start getting garbage time stats at the end of the 1st. No way will this game be close 

That’s what people said about the Bucs game.

— Saints D/ST owner

• Like 1

Ok so Gordon will start according to Hue. Does that mean he won't play the first snap now? I'm confused.....:huh:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bish0p said:

You did not answer my question:

Tyrod could definitely compete for the starting job for: Denver, Miami, Arizona, Jacksonville, Cincinnati, Chicago, and Dallas. Oh, and Buffalo. 

1 minute ago, Grayson2401 said:

You did not answer my question:

Tyrod could definitely compete for the starting job for: Denver, Miami, Arizona, Jacksonville, Cincinnati, Chicago, and Dallas. Oh, and Buffalo. 

You're straight up delusional.  You mean the same buffalo that shipped his a** out? Is there another Buffalo i'm unaware of?  The ONLY team on that list that's remotely arguable is Arizona, and even then i'd favor Bradford over this bum.  This guy is a backup QB at best, at worst, he's CFL trash.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bish0p said:

Buffalo.  :lol:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bish0p said:

You're straight up delusional.  You mean the same buffalo that shipped his a** out? Is there another Buffalo i'm unaware of?  The ONLY team on that list that's remotely arguable is Arizona, and even then i'd favor Bradford over this bum.  This guy is a backup QB at best, at worst, he's CFL trash.

He'd have a shot in Dallas.  For sure.

18 minutes ago, Bish0p said:

Buffalo, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Oakland, Dallas

I'll wait for "Sorry he's trash!" Comment again... Like that's the smoking gun.

Edited by ponza88

11 minutes ago, herschel said:

That’s what people said about the Bucs game.

— Saints D/ST owner

If the this game mirrors the bucs game I'd be happy with that too

7 minutes ago, Bish0p said:

You do realize that Buffalo traded Tyrod, right? Just because he was traded means very little. Brandon Cooks was traded in the offseason and he is a very good player. Maybe Buffalo wanted to move on, and that is fine, but that does not make him trash nor does it mean he would not be the best QB on their roster had he not been traded. 

Edited by Grayson2401

im just happy kizer is gone....the rest of you csn keep bickering about tyrod. ill take tyrod anyday what was there last year. its just 1 game where Hue was intent on not making josh part of the gameplan with the OC