DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

im gonna wait and see what happens, maybe dallas will scoop him up

No team is gonna waste their time and investment on a guy who could suddenly "vanish" with one failed drug test if it comes out that he really "wasn't himself" during this and that was a big reason Cleveland made the move. Not the Cowboys, not the Patriots, etc. Sure it only costs them a roster spot but its still time and commitment to a player and locker room culture and all that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Well of course it wouldn't be a failed test. Based on early rumors, it seems more like he "looked" high and out of it. No reports state that they did a drug urinalysis on him. You can bet the NFL will do a test in the near future if he tries to go to another team.

It's possible the whole thing (holding out of camp, getting released) is related to his contract.  He was scheduled to make the vet minimum this season, and would have been a RFA next season.  IIRC he wanted a new contract this year (at least to get paid a bit more than the minimum) but the Browns wouldn't budge.

But most likely, he was high.  We'll know soon, because the NFL will obviously test him.

1 minute ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Just heard the news

Image result for bill belichick gif

He’ll definitely start using drugs if he goes to the Patriots 

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/09/josh_gordon_4.html

"He was told to stay home from the team's trip to New Orleans for tomorrow's game against the Saints, and was upset about it, one source told cleveland.com. The source surmised he was mad at himself because he felt he had let down the team with the tweaked hamstring."

Fantasy aside I really hope someone's looking out for this kid right now. I don't want to hear of something worse happening.

Edited by whatisfootball
  • Like 5

the rotoworld blurb .....

8282.jpg

Browns waived WR Josh Gordon.

This comes after Gordon was ruled out of Sunday's game despite practicing all week. According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Browns cut Gordon over "trust issues" after he re-injured his hamstring away from the team and was late to the Browns' facility Saturday. Gordon is going to be free to sign with teams if he clears waivers next week, but his league interest may be limited given his off-field baggage. Cleveland will move forward with Antonio Callaway and Rashard Higgins in three-wide sets behind Jarvis Landry. It's a bitter end after the Browns supported Gordon through multiple suspensions. Fantasy owners should hold on to Gordon until his situation shakes itself out.

What if josh was acting not himself because  he was on OPIOIDS for the pain?

That would be quite ironic

• Like 1

I'm thinking more then just being late or they'd have traded him instead

Anybody think he was prescribed something while he was away from the team during training camp? Could explain why he was out of it. From what I read about him earlier this year he finally was getting the help he needed because he wanted to get better for his daughter. I know addiction is unpredictable but why would he go through all that effort just to throw it away? 

Really hope he’s not relapsing for his sake and his daughters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

What if josh was acting not himself because  he was on OPIOIDS for the pain?

That would be quite ironic

He pulled his hammy. I doubt the team would give him opiods for that. Especially with his history.

Edited by Jj66

19 minutes ago, Jvanspro said:

Wow that's bold.  Also zero chance that happens.  Do you really think he can pick up a playbook and get in sync with an offense that fast?  Not happening.  

It's CAPTAIN LITERAL

4 minutes ago, trojans888 said:

POS?  Yeah it sucks he wasted his career.  But he hasn't hurt anyone.  Dude is mentally disturbed.  Calm down a bit.

POS as a fantasy commodity. 

Wish him the best, but truly a waste; for fantasy owners, for the desperate Cleveland fans and most of all for himself. 

@AdamSchefter

Teams already calling the Browns, who league sources believe are far more likely to trade Josh Gordon than release him.

Gordon is a vested vet and is not subject to waivers. So if he is cut, he is a free agent and can sign where he wants, for what he wants.

A lot at stake.

Just now, Jj66 said:

He pulled his hammy. I doubt the team would give him opiods for that. Especially with his history.

Who said the team gave it to him?:lol:

• Haha 1

I mean, they stood by him this whole time, it has to be pretty serious considering they seemed to make this decision in a single day. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jj66 said:

I don't doubt it one bit. The NFL is a joke.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scheibler said:

I'm thinking more then just being late or they'd have traded him instead

Why trade for him when you know you could possibly get him for free due to his past?

I guess if Gruden is desperate enough to re sign a guy who is like 99 percent sure to be suspended, why not go for a pair?  Then you'd have three receivers Carr can't throw down the field to. 

Edited by fujishig
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2