Rotoworld.com Forums

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

He’s a beast. Kizer missed him wide open so much. In fact, my phone just autocorrected Kizer to loser. How fitting.

I also remember the Packers game where I’ve never seen a defender get away with so much blatant interferences. He couldn’t do anything to Gordon so he was clinging on for dear life on multiple plays and they didn’t call it. 

Either way, full off season and a competent QB I’d take him in the third. He’s going to be a first round pick next year. Landry won’t hurt him he’s a completely different player. He can go 10-70-0 for all I care while Gordon gets 4-140-1.

I think so many people overlook that with his size, speed, athleticism, route running and technical skills  defenders can't stop him. He creates seperation so many ways it's scary.  He doesnt need 15 targets a game like obj, AB, landry and hopkins to put up big fantasy points.  He is a big chunky playTD threat every time he catches the ball.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon has already made quite the impression on the quarterback with whom the team hopes he'll be teaming up for many years to come.

"I've never seen anybody like him," rookie quarterback Baker Mayfield said Tuesday, 

On 6/1/2018 at 8:25 PM, dashoe said:

I think so many people overlook that with his size, speed, athleticism, route running and technical skills  defenders can't stop him. He creates seperation so many ways it's scary.  He doesnt need 15 targets a game like obj, AB, landry and hopkins to put up big fantasy points.  He is a big chunky playTD threat every time he catches the ball.

Funny, because the only year he was good he got essentially 15 targets/game.

7 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Funny, because the only year he was good he got essentially 15 targets/game.

So lets bust your perception bubble, That year Josh averaged about 11 targets a game as a starter which is about the same as your buddy OBJ who you think is the greatest wr but he isnt better than Josh. ;)

Josh also played on worse offenses with worse QB's where he was the ONLY offensive talent and sadly he limited his production even then because he was playing high and defenses still couldnt stop him. 

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

So lets bust your perception bubble, That year Josh averaged about 11 targets a game as a starter which is about the same as your buddy OBJ who you think is the greatest wr but he isnt better than Josh. ;)

Josh also played on worse offenses with worse QB's where he was the ONLY offensive talent and sadly he limited his production even then because he was playing high and defenses still couldnt stop him. 

5 years ago!!

Yes, Gordon got 159 targets in 14 games that year = 11.35 per game, which is more per game than OBJ has ever had in his career. 

He can't hold OBJ's jockstrap, but I expect him to be a WR2 this season.

6 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

5 years ago!!

Yes, Gordon got 159 targets in 14 games that year = 11.35 per game, which is more per game than OBJ has ever had in his career. 

You say 5 years ago as if he's now 34 years old, he's 27 and looks to be in excellent shape. I'm willing to listen to several arguments why he may not crush it but the whole 5 years ago thing means nothing to me given he's a freak athlete in his prime. 

17 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

5 years ago!!

haha! you are the guy who brought up his 2013 season.  who cares about 2013?

No one is thinking about 2013 we saw Josh come off the street not playing a game in 3 years missed an entire preseason+ 12 games and physically dominate defenders as he was  learning to play in a new offense, shake off rust with a practice squad QB. We are thinking about 2018!

He doesnt need to hold OBJ's jockstrap because OBJ has always played in  Joshs shadow :lol:.

Guy looks like a body builder disguised as a wide receiver.

I'm not sure why this guy isn't getting more hype, not that he needs to be hyped.  There was so much excitement about him coming back in 2016, then he fell off the wagon, but he did show pretty well on a limited basis finally when back on the field last season.  Why aren't people more excited about him now that he's made it this far without his demons resurfacing?  And with better QB play and more practice time?  I feel he could put up Michael Thomas or AJ Green type numbers, yet he's going in the fourth round.  Are people worried that Landry will take away gobs of targets?

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

Guy looks like a body builder disguised as a wide receiver.

I'm not sure why this guy isn't getting more hype, not that he needs to be hyped.  There was so much excitement about him coming back in 2016, then he fell off the wagon, but he did show pretty well on a limited basis finally when back on the field last season.  Why aren't people more excited about him now that he's made it this far without his demons resurfacing?  And with better QB play and more practice time?  I feel he could put up Michael Thomas or AJ Green type numbers, yet he's going in the fourth round.  Are people worried that Landry will take away gobs of targets?

Dammit Cool I want to KEEP getting him in the 4th. Tremendous value drafting this early

6 hours ago, mmcc1029 said:

You say 5 years ago as if he's now 34 years old, he's 27 and looks to be in excellent shape. I'm willing to listen to several arguments why he may not crush it but the whole 5 years ago thing means nothing to me given he's a freak athlete in his prime. 

Right? Why is everyone saying “oh that was years ago” as if he’s 300 pounds now and is missing a hand. If anything he’s in better shape and didn’t forget how to catch a ball. RR may be a concern but that will easily come back to him, as shown last season. Only legitimate risk with gordon is the refs allowing dbs to hold him all game, like the packers did

31 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Right? Why is everyone saying “oh that was years ago” as if he’s 300 pounds now and is missing a hand. If anything he’s in better shape and didn’t forget how to catch a ball. RR may be a concern but that will easily come back to him, as shown last season. Only legitimate risk with gordon is the refs allowing dbs to hold him all game, like the packers did

BLATANT holding at that, it's wasnt even a benefit of the doubt situation

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

BLATANT holding at that, it's wasnt even a benefit of the doubt situation

I’m surprised that Packers game wasn’t more questioned. I don’t like to call sports rigged but if a game was ever rigged that’s it. Especially to get golden boy Rodgers back. The fouls not called on Gordon alone were disgusting.

5 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Lol. Not really. You gonna wish you didn't spend that 4th when he gets popped for something in the program before the season takes off. 

As the 3rd WR it’s worth the risk.

8 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Lol. Not really. You gonna wish you didn't spend that 4th when he gets popped for something in the program before the season takes off. 

it would only be HGH 

Archived