DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

49 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Josh Gordon (hamstring) remained "limited" in Thursday's practice.

Gordon is expected to play against the Lions, but his involvement figures to be limited, more because of playbook considerations than his hamstring "injury." Gordon's upside is self evident, but so is his Week 3 downside. He's a high-risk, high-reward WR4 for his Patriots debut.

I wonder if Rotoworld classifies Josh Godon as bench heat. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Josh Gordon (hamstring) remained "limited" in Thursday's practice.

Gordon is expected to play against the Lions, but his involvement figures to be limited, more because of playbook considerations than his hamstring "injury." Gordon's upside is self evident, but so is his Week 3 downside. He's a high-risk, high-reward WR4 for his Patriots debut.

Where it gets hard is that Gordon may only play 15-20 snaps and run a lot of decoy routes to draw defenders off Gronk, getting only 2-3 targets all game.

But with Brady throwing the ball, it might be a 2/85/2 stat line. 

Just now, oresteszero said:

With Gronk injured wouldn't JG's value go up?

Not unless Gronk is going to miss the game or games...... This feels improbable at this time.

3 hours ago, bwarbiany said:

I see two options here:

1) The locker next to Tom was already open--maybe because Tom likes his personal space lol...

2) The locker next to Tom was not already open and belonged to Coleman, but opened when Coleman was released.

I can't imagine Edelman or Dorsett was in that locker and they were booted to the other end of the room for Gordon. 

I think it was much more a coincidence than anything else. It's just a locker.

No it isn’t. It’s the locker next to Tom Brady’s locker. The greatest QB of all time. I can’t imagine the significance of that being lost on any WR, especially a cat who’s on his 9th life.

• Like 4

What are the odds patriots go up big early and Lean on Gordon later to give him reps? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

No it isn’t. It’s the locker next to Tom Brady’s locker. The greatest QB of all time. I can’t imagine the significance of that being lost on any WR, especially a cat who’s on his 9th life.

I tend to agree. It’s a calculated move like everything else the patriots do. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

What are the odds patriots go up big early and Lean on Gordon later to give him reps? 

zero.  not worth the injury risk in a game that is decided.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, tjspark said:

I tend to agree. It’s a calculated move like everything else the patriots do. 

Do you think it could emasculate Brady having Flash Gordon next to him?

I heard that's the real reason  behind the recent Welker> Edelman> Amendola> Hogan... ...

3 hours ago, Newtown said:

something about seeing him in that pats#10 jersey is not connecting in my brain:mellow:

which idiot on the Browns pushed to release him and which idiot agreed to trade him to the Pats?

I miss JG12 ? 

brady didn’t want to fork it over haha 

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

Do you think it could emasculate Brady having Flash Gordon next to him?

I heard that's the real reason  behind the recent Welker> Edelman> Amendola> Hogan... ...

? Where did you hear that? 

Wow.  Would have been interesting to see Josh with Baker.   I think it might have been an even better situation than New England.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Wow.  Would have been interesting to see Josh with Baker.   I think it might have been an even better situation than New England.

RIght? Someone who can actually throw NEAR his target. Too bad browns missed out. He was the only reason that they tied steelers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

Man Baker to Gordon would've been fun. Just one game (against the Jets) but Baker looked sharp. Can't wait for the Brady show.

2 hours ago, K197040 said:

It would be interesting, but I still trust the Pats to be more capable of getting him the ball, especially in the redzone, having Gronk and Gordon is going to be a nightmare scenario for defenses.. also, a fresh start and golden opportunity are worth something

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

It would be interesting, but I still trust the Pats to be more capable of getting him the ball, especially in the redzone, having Gronk and Gordon is going to be a nightmare scenario for defenses.. also, a fresh start and golden opportunity are worth something

I would have loved to see Baker to Gordon, but I think all of us Gordon owners are going to love to see GOAT to Gordon even more!

• Like 2

Everybody talking about how this is so lucky for Gordon. This is the RISKIEST place he could have gone. Because if he cannot get straight on this team, a team that has only 1 goal, then teams will think he just can't get right. He literally gave himself one last chance by going here. If he goes to say, the Raiders, he probably would have still been given another chance, with his level of talent. Now, I doubt it.

Edited by MrPositive
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Everybody talking about how this is so lucky for Gordon. This is the RISKIEST place he could have gone. Because if he cannot get straight on this team, a team that has only 1 goal, then teams will think he just can't get right. He literally gave himself one last chance by going here. If he goes to say, the Raiders, he probably would have been still given a couple more chances with his talent. Now, I doubt it.

I mean he is on his last chance regardless.  Could go either way, maybe the professionalism rubs off on him when he sees how successful their culture is. Anywhere that is structured and organized is good for him, and if he can't sieze this opportunity here, let's be real he never would have anywhere else anyways

Edited by dakimbell

7 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Everybody talking about how this is so lucky for Gordon. This is the RISKIEST place he could have gone. Because if he cannot get straight on this team, a team that has only 1 goal, then teams will think he just can't get right. He literally gave himself one last chance by going here. If he goes to say, the Raiders, he probably would have still been given another chance, with his level of talent. Now, I doubt it.

Did Gordon choose the team to go to?  He got traded by the Browns.  I doubt the Browns okayed it with him, right?  He doesn't have a no trade clause like in baseball I assume.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

I mean he is on his last chance regardless.  Could go either way, maybe the professionalism rubs off on him when he sees how successful their culture is. Anywhere that is structured and organized is good for him, and if he can't sieze this opportunity here, let's be real he never would have anywhere else anyways

Really? It was reported that there were 5-7 teams talking with the Browns about a possible trade. Not sure how much choice he was given, but still by chance, coming to New England in my opinion, gave him one last chance, instead of a couple more. Shrug

Edited by MrPositive

3 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Really? It was reported that there were 5-7 teams talking with the Browns about a possible trade. Not sure how much choice he was given, but still by chance, coming to New England in my opinion, gave him one last chance, instead of a couple more. Shrug

?? I never said he had a choice. Im saying if he cant make it here with the Pats he isnt likely ever going to figure it out.. 

Edited by dakimbell

4 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

I see it more like 1 last good chance for success or 2-3 more dart throw chances with other teams. However I think his overall probability for success is greatest at NE.

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Like 1