DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

16 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

brady whispered into Gordons ear after the game...wonder what that was

"Dude, Josh, you reek of weed man..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So what's the story with the 7th round draft pick that came from Cleveland in the Josh Gordon trade?  I have now read conflicting reports.  Is there still something that happens if Gordon is not active for ten games?  Sorry if I missed this upthread...

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

So what's the story with the 7th round draft pick that came from Cleveland in the Josh Gordon trade?  I have now read conflicting reports.  Is there still something that happens if Gordon is not active for ten games?  Sorry if I missed this upthread...

If he's not active for at least 10 games this season, the Browns have to give the Patriots a 7th round pick... I believe

When was the last time NE lost two in a row?

Josh Gordon will be unleashed after this -- the NFL will be met with fire and furry the likes Fantasy Owners have never seen.

Think Bombs. Nuclear. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Spina said:

Josh Gordon will be unleashed after this -- the NFL will be met with fire and furry the likes Fantasy Owners have never seen.

Think Bombs. Nuclear. 

Sooo liiiike DeAndre Hopkins ??

4 minutes ago, Spina said:

Think Bombs. Nuclear. 

Love this post. Lots of bombs to JG, but is he especially hairy?

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/20/report-patriots-get-seventh-round-pick-with-no-conditions-in-josh-gordon-trade/

Unconditional 7th.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, pushaZ said:

Hue: No matter WHAT I want a SEVENTH

And they must BRING US........

ANOTHER SHRUBBERY

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

brady whispered into Gordons ear after the game...wonder what that was

"Gonna need some of that loud fam"

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, whatisfootball said:

How reliable is this source?  Florio is...well, he's Florio.  

7 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Patriots Dolphins next week. Gotta fire him up right?

Division game vs 3-0 dolphins, yeah no chance they don't play him. If he is active for the game 100% start.

• Like 2

Pats are really missing a vertical threat. I guess Hogan can go back to his more natural role on the outside once Edelman is back to man the slot but Gordon is clearly more talented than him and there is a need for a physically dominant perimeter guy who can win against coverage and doesn't need Brady to deliver it to him on a platter. 

4 minutes ago, whatisfootball said:

It's been referenced by other sources including NFL network that it's unconditional. That was the hold up in announcing the deal.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/09/in_the_josh_gordon_trade_the_b.html

In other words, no reason for them to sit Gordon to get the pick, they get it anyway.

Nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You guys sound like you have alot of confidence starting Gordon next week?

So you are starting him as your wr, or flex???

Realistically, do you feel he plays at least 60% snaps? Or more like 30%-40% of snaps?

It's easy to think all Gordon needs is that one catch for a TD, but you can say that about quite a few wr's

Would you start him once Julian is back in the lineup?

Patriots have quite a few play makers on that team, granted they have Brady in there favor.

You guys have way more faith starting him next week then me. What do you know about him and or his situation that makes him a must start without even being on the team for more then two weeks?

Edited by joed2323

5 minutes ago, joed2323 said:

You guys sound like you have alot of confidence starting Gordon next week?

So you are starting him as your wr, or flex???

Realistically, do you feel he plays at least 60% snaps? Or more like 30%-40% of snaps?

It's easy to think all Gordon needs is that one catch for a TD, but you can say that about quite a few wr's

Would you start him once Julian is back in the lineup?

Patriots have quite a few play makers on that team, granted they have Brady in there favor.

You guys have way more faith starting him next week then me. What do you know about him and or his situation that makes him a must start without even being on the team for more then two weeks?

I wouldn't start him until he is starting himself in NE, not before & not on any guesses as to how he'll be used when  he does get in on half the Pats offensive plays.

No one nervous at how awful Brady looked throwing deep last night? Can we take off the Gordon colored goggles and actually analyze something? 

He missed on a couple targets deep to Dorsett. I know Dorsett is nowhere near as talented as Gordon, but the ball still has to be somewhat catchable in order to catch it. Is this just a case of Brady starting off slow?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wayzupusc said:

I wouldn't start him until he is starting himself in NE, not before & not on any guesses as to how he'll be used when  he does get in on half the Pats offensive plays.

This is exactly how I feel, you don't win weeks hoping for miracles

13 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

No one nervous at how awful Brady looked throwing deep last night? Can we take off the Gordon colored goggles and actually analyze something? 

He missed on a couple targets deep to Dorsett. I know Dorsett is nowhere near as talented as Gordon, but the ball still has to be somewhat catchable in order to catch it. Is this just a case of Brady starting off slow?

Very nervous. I’m starting to think Gordon is going to be a disappointment fantasy wise. He will probably help them open up the short passing game but I think Gordon will be closer to Desean Jackson than the Randy Moss 2.0.

Edited by ponchsox

11 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Yeah u have to think so.   The pats have done this early season swoon time and again, only to round into form and be nigh unbeatable by December.   PEDelman and Joints Gordon will be huge upgrades to the offense-  I really don’t think there’s that much for Gordon to learn.  His role is a few deep routes and a comeback.   He’s not Edelman out there running options and hot routes.     Their defense looks just terrible too- and So-knee looks slow....which is fantastic news for their passing game .  

Buy buy buy patriots passing game pieces.

26 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I’m assuming you are mainly talking about the interception? That ball was under thrown slightly but on the flip side Dorsett literally had NO IDEA where the ball was, he got his head around late and obviously made zero effort to get to a contestable ball.

Not the best throw but 100% catchable or at the very least it couldn’t been swatted down if Dorsett had a clue. I’m not worried.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Patriots fan here, can confirm this is what Brady does when he's frustrated so it's nothing new. During games where defenses are smothering receivers or the o-line is playing poorly Brady will often just throw it deep with little regard to anyone being open or not, it very rarely works. Brady's not known for being a strong deep throw quarterback though, he hits those 20-25 yard downfield throws fine but anything where he puts air under it doesn't have a lot of velocity and tends to hang up for awhile.