DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

17 hours ago, dashoe said:

I can't wait for the morons in my auction league to bid Josh up because they know I want him.  He should still be the cheapest big play wr in both auction and snake drafts.  It's easy to go for the high volume ppr guy like a Garcon or Tate but it's the big play guy that gets you chunky plays with a TD who wins you weeks. 

Tyrod will connect with Gordon on alot of chunky big plays and td's. 

Yeah i take him over Tate and Garcon everytime. Gordon has WR1 potential, no one else in his ADP range has that besides maybe TY. I plan on grabbing him in every auction unless the price gets too high and reaching in live drafts if my draft position makes me.

7 minutes ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

Yeah i take him over Tate and Garcon everytime. Gordon has WR1 potential, no one else in his ADP range has that besides maybe TY. I plan on grabbing him in every auction unless the price gets too high and reaching in live drafts if my draft position makes me.

I'm so confused.  Gordon goes mid 3rd, Tate goes late 4th, Garcon goes in the 7th round.

• Like 3

Fffffffffffffff

Man, don't nobody want to see this.  We all want this guy back in the league full time, right?   Fingers crossed that its minor.   

• Like 1

"I appreciate the awesome support I have received from teammates, friends, fans, and the Browns' organization. Just like you, I am excited to start the season and I have every intention of being ready and available to join my teammates soon to help bring winning football to our fans. With the help of the NFL, NFLPA, and the Browns' organization, I have been able to utilize the resources available to me that will ensure my well-being on and off the field. By continuing to follow the plan set up by our medical director and his team and taking this time before this season starts, we believe it will help me maintain the progress I've made for not only today but for many years to come. Thank you all for your patience, love, and support! Go Browns!"

Browns general manager John Dorsey expressed support for Gordon in a statement.

"We will continue to support Josh as he receives the care needed to maintain his progress," Dorsey said, via the Browns' official website. "We are going to respect his privacy while he is away from the team. Josh will be placed on the non-football illness reserve list until he is ready to return."

If it was failing a test it would be an auto suspension, so I suspect it is something that is not  violation of his reinstatement agreements with the league and team policy since  the team, NFLPA and NFL were named and Dorsey made an official statement. Whatever it is it's serious enough to get ahead of speculation and  miss the start of  training camp and put out an official statement that it's voluntary and supported by the organization

Edited by dashoe

Landry shares should be taking off now :o

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 8:21 PM, FFCollusion said:

Fitz is a beast.  But he's an old beast approaching a cliff that no one can predict.  I have no qualms with taking/ranking Fitz ahead of Gordon.

Doug Baldwin on the other hand...
I'd rather watch Josh Gordon flame out, than to suffer a season of Doug Baldwin's mediocrity.

His career best year only got him to 10th. (2015)

The next year he scored less fantasy points, but because he finished higher (aka the field sucked) people wanted to pretend he was trending up with Wilson. (2016)

Then in 2017 he takes another step backwards, fails to break 1,000 yards, has his lowest catch rate and reception totals in years, despite Russell Wilson having career highs in fantasy points, pass attempts, and Touchdowns.

On top of that, Doug Baldwin is now being drafted HIGHER than he was last year, and you want to call it a discount?

People in this thread want to talk about overratted WRs, then stop pointing the finger at Jarvis Landry and take a look at Doug Baldwin.

Doug Baldwin finished 14th overall last year.  These are his weekly finishes, weeks 1-16:

39th, 37th, 9th, 63rd, 47th, 5th, 26th, 4th, 22nd, 32nd, 81st, 24th, 18th, 105th, 18th.

Doug Baldwin is a glorified DeSean Jackson, Mike Wallace, Torrey Smith, Ted Ginn Jr that somehow people have convinced themselves is different.  3 Great weeks that inflate his yearly totals, 8 weeks he destroys your team, and 4 weeks of whatever.

*No Offense to D.Jax and Wallace who were actually legit in their prime.

10th WR off the board, and 26th player overall.  Absolutely insane.

And before someone even tries to make the claim, NO, 2017 was not an outlier, he's game logs for 2016 looked the exact same.  In fact, you can find this exact warning label in his 2016 thread, where I explained ad nauseam to people that he didn't deserve to be drafted as the 11th WR off the board, 25th overall.

2018 is no different.  He doesn't deserve to be drafted as the 10th WR off the board, 26th overall.

He wasn't a value last year, I don't know how he could be considered a value this year.  You are drastically overpaying, because one time 4 seasons ago, he had 14 TDs.  Age effects everyone differently, but food for thought, Baldwin will be 30 years old at the start of this season.

Do not be fooled by position by attrition.

As you wish, @FFCollusion

Baldwin remains with a higher ceiling, and a MUCH higher floor than Gordon. 

Ohh lord:wacko:

The devil's lettuce strike again?

Pills?

Steroids w that yoked body?

#shatteredRd3/4dreamzzzzzzz

Edited by Whitecloud0101

3 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Ohh lord:wacko:

The devil's lettuce strike again?

Pills?

Steroids w that yoked body?

#shatteredRd3/4dreamzzzzzzz

Banned drugs or peds it's automatic suspension/ban, if one was to SPECULATE on a relapse with his rehab I would bet it would be alcohol.

19 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

The best ability is AVAILability.  Doug Baldwin in last 5 years out of 80 games has played in 80 games.  He suits up, he puts up good numbers and scores touchdowns.  And if Seahawks aren’t as good as people think this year then they likely are chucking from behind more than in seasons past.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I don't see anything in the post to be worried about....yet

Well when Josh Gordon releases a statement that sounds like it released by a lawyer or a professional writer for media releases statements, I don't know. Sounds weird.

edit*

Many fans are thinking they don't want the Josh Gordon story to be a focal point on Hard Knocks. Would bring up some bad memories when Gordon is just trying to put those behind him. Makes sense.

Edited by tpat30

7 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I don't see anything in the post to be worried about....yet

35 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Josh will be placed on the non-football illness reserve list until he is ready to return.

:(

Edit: to clarify, I'm not an owner. I'm just a football lover who thinks that this is a great player with enormous challenges. Hope he conquers those, on or off the field.

Edited by Boudewijn

Maybe he doesn't want to deal with the BS from hard knocks..who knows until more info comes out.

48 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

That doesn't mean you take Baldwin higher than you should. That isn't value. All this proves is that Gordon is overrated in fantasy circles as well. And a lot of that has to do with one lone season and the myth of Gordon and the memes.

• Like 2

sounds like a non issue to me also taken from the tweet machine .. 

More

Players reinstated from Stage Three banishment under the substance-abuse policy remain in Stage 3. Continued testing and treatment required. From the policy:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

The best ability is AVAILability.  Doug Baldwin in last 5 years out of 80 games has played in 80 games.  He suits up, he puts up good numbers and scores touchdowns.  And if Seahawks aren’t as good as people think this year then they likely are chucking from behind more than in seasons past.  

Exactly. Baldwin is a stud. 

Sad to see Gordon owners' hearts broken again ? 

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

That doesn't mean you take Baldwin higher than you should. That isn't value. All this proves is that Gordon is overrated in fantasy circles as well. And a lot of that has to do with one lone season and the myth of Gordon and the memes.

No one is overdrafting Baldwin...he's going in the 3rd rd as he should.