DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

5 hours ago, devaster said:

QB throwing to him. Browns.

Brian Hoyer

Jason Campbell

Brandon Weeden

Still put up 87/1646/9 in 14 games. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ss3walkman said:

Brian Hoyer

Jason Campbell

Brandon Weeden

Still put up 87/1646/9 in 14 games. 

The point is that Tyrod is notoriously conservative and doesn't test defenses deep. There are more options than during his big year. He did it once and he could do it again. But the conditions aren't as favorable this season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, devaster said:

The point is that Tyrod is notoriously conservative and doesn't test defenses deep. There are more options than during his big year. He did it once and he could do it again. But the conditions aren't as favorable this season.

Yes, people forget they had nothing to play for, they fed him double digit targets weekly. New regime, system and upgrade in weapons on the team now. Athletic freak or not, 5 years ago is eaons in an athlete's prime. Look, people either love him and believe or not. I't pretty tiresome at this point. I'm sure even if he sucks or misses extended period this year, he'll come right back with overblown expectations next season. This guy is the FF version of Michael Myers and Jason, unreal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Agreed.  Gordon seemingly has more lives than a cat!

29 minutes ago, devaster said:

To that I say, Gordon isn't just a deep threat. He took plenty slants down the field.

I guess you can say there's more options this year, but that depends on how you feel about Landry and Coleman. I don't see a huge difference in the talent he has around him at WR this year than in 2013. They had Davone Bess, Travis Benjamin, and Greg Little. Outside of Landry, nothing jumps off the page, and again, some don't view Landry as high as others. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Agreed.  Gordon seemingly has more lives than a cat!

Yes, the one who repeatedly pisses on your pillow!

I hope today’s news pushes Gordon back into the 4th round.  I loved getting him as my 3rd WR... (practice draft)

Todays news emphasizes why taking Gordon as your #1 WR is nuts.  I love his upside, but the risk of a relapse is real, the dude has mental health issues.

Marijuana was probably the right drug for him.  Maybe he can get a prescription... LOL

The NFL needs to get with the times.

1 minute ago, seanismorris said:

I hope today’s news pushes Gordon back into the 4th round.  I loved getting him as my 3rd WR... (practice draft)

Todays news emphasizes why taking Gordon as your #1 WR is nuts.  I love his upside, but the risk of a relapse is real, the dude has mental health issues.

Marijuana was probably the right drug for him.  Maybe he can get a prescription... LOL

The NFL needs to get with the times.

In theory it sounds relatively harmless until guys show up stoned...how you would like running routes high as s--- and the D-Back has zeroed in on you and he's straight coming at you like a missile?

Aside from a safety standpoint it would be the demise of the NFL. Dudes giggling in the huddle and forgetting the play by the time they line up.

1 minute ago, The Invictus said:

In theory it sounds relatively harmless until guys show up stoned...how you would like running routes high as s--- and the D-Back has zeroed in on you and he's straight coming at you like a missile?

Aside from a safety standpoint it would be the demise of the NFL. Dudes giggling in the huddle and forgetting the play by the time they line up.

Are you sure?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/josh-gordon-admits-he-would-get-drunk-or-do-drugs-before-every-browns-game/amp/

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

he was high every game when he had his crazy year so that doesnt really make sense 

i know alot of guys who smoke and i don't see them giggling or forgetting things 

if anything them getting high allows them to focus more 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

It’s a prescription... there are doses.  That’s what doctors are for.  You’re blowing it way out of proportion... it’s not like he’s driving heavy machinery.

Gordon’s alternative is probably drugs with nasty side-effects or alcohol. 

Alcohol-Related Deaths: An estimated 88,000 people (approximately 62,000 men and 26,000 women) die from alcohol-related causes annually, making alcohol the third leading preventable cause of death in the United States.

10 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

Yea, you are just reaching here. Gordon already admitted to being high or drunk before every game during his record breaking season.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

I don't want to get into a drug debate but it sounds like you have a stereotypical view of weed

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

It’s a prescription... there are doses.  That’s what doctors are for.  You’re blowing it way out of proportion... it’s not like he’s driving heavy machinery.

Gordon’s alternative is probably drugs with nasty side-effects or alcohol. 

Alcohol-Related Deaths: An estimated 88,000 people (approximately 62,000 men and 26,000 women) die from alcohol-related causes annually, making alcohol the third leading preventable cause of death in the United States.

I'm blowing it out of proportion...sure I am. Go do a survey of every player in the NFL and see what their response would be knowing the possibility half their team mates are lit taking the field. Ask the owners too, you know the guys who pay their salaries and hire them. Ask the doctors as well, what thier prognosis would be with half the field high as a kite. You think we see head injuries now...Ha!

As far as Gordon goes, at this point taking what ever comes out of his mouth is your own peril.

Edited by The Invictus
spelling

23 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

You do realize that theres an insane amount of highly functioning potheads, right? We smoke every single night, but go to work every morning and perform at a high level. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I don't want to get into a drug debate but it sounds like you have a stereotypical view of weed

Do ?...I'll let you in on a tiny secret since you have a crystal ball. I'm an avid smoker with a Med Card with access to 'the finest green'. And you know what? I would never dare set foot on a field, certainly with the level of play we're taking about knowing there are guys who are not stoned, with a DISTINCT ADVANTAGE over me. It's a ridiculous conversation...You ever hear the expression 'Head On A Swivel?"...maybe you should ponder it.

I wonder how Rodgers and Brady would opine, knowing Gronk was stoned, or Edelman and Jordy when they are running their routes with supposedly precise timing?

This is among the most ridiculous conversations I've ever engaged in.

• Thanks 1

Easy WR2 given he plays all season, with huge WR1 potential, he runs plenty of short routes and could adapt with tyrod, not just a deep threat honestly. 

Edited by HarambeLives
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

You do realize that theres an insane amount of highly functioning potheads, right? We smoke every single night, but go to work every morning and perform at a high level. 

See above. And are you playing a professional sport?

2 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

What difference does it make if I play a professional sport, run a hedge fund, am the VP of sales for Kelloggs, or work on an assembly line? 

The point im making is that the majority of pot heads either don't go to work with a buzz, or are so unaffected from the high that they can complete every task before them, sometimes even better than sober. 

Just now, Experienced Rookie said:

What difference does it make if I play a professional sport, run a hedge fund, am the VP of sales for Kelloggs, or work on an assembly line? 

The point im making is that the majority of pot heads either don't go to work with a buzz, or are so unaffected from the high that they can complete every task before them, sometimes even better than sober. 

What difference does it make?? When you have 255 lb men running at you full speed for an hour, you wouldn't be ridiculous enough to make that statement.

47 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

I'm blowing it out of proportion...sure I am. Go do a survey of every player in the NFL and see what their response would be knowing the possibility half their team mates are lit taking the field. Ask the owners too, you know the guys who pay their salaries and hire them. Ask the doctors as well, what thier prognosis would be with half the field high as a kite. You think we see head injuries now...Ha!

As far as Gordon goes, at this point taking what ever comes out of his mouth is your own peril.

Hello Mr. Dinosaur,

You might want to get an update from your doctor.  It’s only a matter of time it’s approved for medical use in every state.

I’ve never used marijuana, but it’s obviously it’s helping a variety of people with different illnesses.

There’s a big difference between taking a recommend amount prescribed by a doctor, and being “stoned”.  Just like with alcohol, there’s a amount that leaves you relatively unimpaired, and to much that makes it unsafe to drive (for example).

The FDA has already approved one drug product that contains the purified substance cannabidiol.  And, dozens are coming.  Marijuana (extracts, etc.) company are already listed on stock exchanges and worth billions.  We can no longer stick our heads in the sand, and say there are no medical uses.  The FDA has admitted it, next up the DEA.

Edited by seanismorris

41 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

Josh gordon is. And he was when he was drunk or high all of 2013 (at least)

Ah, it has been brought up earlier

Edited by bhawks489

12 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

Hello Mr. Dinosaur,

You might want to get an update from your doctor.  It’s only a matter of time it’s approved for medical use in every state.

I’ve never used marijuana, but it’s obviously it’s helping a variety of people with different illnesses.

There’s a big difference between taking a recommend amount prescribed by a doctor, and being “stoned”.  Just like with alcohol, there’s a amount that leaves you relatively unimpaired, and to much that makes it unsafe to drive (for example).

The FDA has already approved one drug product that contains the purified substance cannabidiol.  And, dozens are coming.  Marijuana (extracts, etc.) company are already listed on stock exchanges and worth billions.  We can no longer stick our heads in the sand, and say there are no medical uses.  The FDA has admitted it, next up the DEA.

You really shouldn't say anything after the bold sentence. I maybe a 'Dinosaur' but I'm not someone who pontificates on a subject he has absolutely no point of reference...I guess that would make you pretty silly to put it mildly? But I do know what the effects of weed has, be it stoned or one hit or whatever dosage YOU have no idea what the effects will be individual to individual. 

And the usage of this is for the safety and comfort of your home. these are just some of the questions asked and gone over when this Dinosaur received his Med card. It's not meant to play a full contact sport with the minute to minute risk of injury, paralysis or death. But please...tell me more.

Edited by The Invictus
spelling
  • Thanks 1

reminder: this line of conversation is a one way ticket to locking this thread (again)

Edited by lolcopter
  • Thanks 2

Who gets addicted to weed?

I know I'm being Captain Obvious but I'd guess he has some serious issues with the bottle. In any regard he needs serious help. I hope he gets well.

• Like 1