DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Loved the above analysis.  I would just humbly add that the Patriots have steamrolled the Steelers for 35 ppg over their last five meetings, and have won all of them.  And they will be out for blood after their latest embarrassment in Miami.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Godofbeasts94 said:

I have hardly ever posted, I really just come in here to read when I am bored at work, and during the offseason when I don't have football. But I had to login and comment because I can not believe people are complaining and whining about having to play Josh this week... 

Over the past 5 games in .5 ppr he is averaging 14.3 points. That would put him at the 14th power ranking. Right ahead of Amari Cooper, despite not having any crazy blow up games like the two Amari had. 

Week Receptions Yards TD Fantasy Points
9 5 130 1 26.5
10 4 81 0 10.1
11 5 70 0 9.5
13 3 58 1 13.3
14 5 96 0 12.1

Josh is playing a team he has historically either done well against, or gone bonkers against. 

2012 Receptions Yards TD
Week 12 4 60 0
Week 17 4 39 0
2012 Average 3.12 50 0.31

While these numbers don't jump off the page they are almost identical to his season average.

In his blow up year.

2013 Receptions Yards Td
Week 12: 14 237 1
Week 17: 7 82 0
2013 Average 6.2 117.5 0.64

In 2017 the next time he would play Pit, having played only 4 regular season games in 3 years.

2017 Receptions Yards TD
Week 17 4 115 0
2017 Averages 3.6 67 0.2

He had a 54 yard catch that was called a td on the field, and then ruled down at the 1. 

In 2018 week 1 with a messed up leg, and no camp, he had 1 reception for 1 td on his first target, to tie the game with 2 minutes left. He would have won Cleveland the game with 30 seconds left if Tyrod could throw the ball. 

Fact is, Josh loves this matchup. He is playing with a Qb who is better than Deshone Kizer and Tyrod Taylor combined. His absolute floor against Pittsburgh is his season average, which if you get rid of the first 5 weeks of the season, when he wasn't really worked into the offense, is 4 receptions for 77 yards (9.7 points in .5 ppr). That is his absolute floor. I would argue his floor is closer to his average the last 5 weeks , 4.4 receptions 87 yards and .4 tds (10.9 points  in .5 ppr without a td)  If you have made it this far, presumably the semifinals of the playoffs, than you must have a decent cast around Josh. 11 points without a td from your wr2, is not going to kill you. It won't win you a game, but it won't kill you, and it is pretty damn good.  This is a must win game for the Pats.  His ceiling is the sky. How can that not excite you from your wr2? Josh is a plug and forget this week. With all of the injuries to rbs, I can't believe people are seriously considering not playing him. 

Good luck to everyone this week. Hoping I can make it to my first championship game in my serious league with my closest friends. We have been playing since 2010 and I have yet to make it to the ship... so take my words with a grain of salt :lol:

Your numbers are off. Week 9 should be 21.5 or I'm missing how it's 26.5 (maybe you play in a bonus league.) His weekly average comes out to 12.9 if my quick math is right. Not sure where that puts him the past 5 weeks, but solid post regardless. He's going to get his soon enough

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Your numbers are off. Week 9 should be 21.5 or I'm missing how it's 26.5 (maybe you play in a bonus league.) His weekly average comes out to 12.9 if my quick math is right. Not sure where that puts him the past 5 weeks, but solid post regardless. He's going to get his soon enough

Yes, sorry didn't even think about that. I play in a league with a 3 point bonus for 100 yards, and a 2 point bonus for a 40+ yard td. 

I agree we see a big classic Joshua game before the end of the season. Here's to hoping it is this week. Or even better this week and next?:D 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BMcP said:

Loved the above analysis.  I would just humbly add that the Patriots have steamrolled the Steelers for 35 ppg over their last five meetings, and have won all of them.  And they will be out for blood after their latest embarrassment in Miami.

Steelers will also be out for blood with the loss to the Raiders.

Hoping for a massive shootout.

1 hour ago, RotoGenius said:

I think Hoodie is waiting for just the right moment to unleash him on a bubble screen...

Yeah, probably AFC championship game -_-

57 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Yeah, probably AFC championship game -_-

Patriots still have plenty to play for.

Something tells me he cashes in this week. I think this will be a 40-37 type of game. 

Gordon goes for 6/140/2. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Something tells me he cashes in this week. I think this will be a 40-37 type of game. 

Gordon goes for 6/140/2. 

Well above average intelligence? 

7 minutes ago, RotoGenius said:

Well above average intelligence? 

A hunch. I removed him from my flex and onto my bench. I suddenly had a very uneasy feeling that swept across the room. 

Switched him back in and the calming sensation returned. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

First of all it’s  goddam ridiculous that i had to scroll through 3 pages to get to the josh Gordon thread. Come on people!  Now, I’m wondering how it’s going to affect him playing against Haden who he used to be teammates with. Is Haden going to pull a prank like dousing himself in grand mariner cologne?  Really I’m trying to figure out if i should start him over Ingram in .5ppr but nobody is responding😕

Edited by ArtistPain

21 minutes ago, ArtistPain said:

First of all it’s  goddam ridiculous that i had to scroll through 3 pages to get to the josh Gordon thread. Come on people!  Now, I’m wondering how it’s going to affect him playing against Haden who he used to be teammates with. Is Haden going to pull a prank like dousing himself in grand mariner cologne?  Really I’m trying to figure out if i should start him over Ingram in .5ppr but nobody is responding😕

Start. The answer is always: start. 

One thing is certain - the Patriots are going to light the **** up the Steelers D. They are ANGRY. 

The question is - who gets it? There will be plenty to go around...but I'm worried that Gronk is going to have a MONSTER game. His stats against Pitt are always great...and he just single handedly gave the Pats one of their worst defeats in recent memories. Brady and him are tight...they are going to try and feed him a 120 yard 2 TD game. So can Gordon get some love? I think a nice floor of 70 yards, but a potential to breakout if they're double covering Gronk (which they will, right?) I'm starting him (regrettably as a #1 WR) ...so I have to be confident. But how could you not be? After what happened to them last week by my beloved Dolphins? They are going to be NASTY this week. 

Edited by Phinfan31

Everyone Fade JG and get with JJ if you can. Its happening fellas. JG has been a good security blanket for me over the last month but havent rolled him out there. I think looking at match ups, you can expect a 6/80/.4 chance against the Steelers. Good luck to you guys. Ill have him in if Julio cant escape his cold.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:28 PM, Zekepeak86 said:

Everyone Fade JG and get with JJ if you can. Its happening fellas. JG has been a good security blanket for me over the last month but havent rolled him out there. I think looking at match ups, you can expect a 6/80/.4 chance against the Steelers. Good luck to you guys. Ill have him in if Julio cant escape his cold.

Nah, he's a lock to score a touchdown. The Pats are going to score at least 4 and he will definitely get one of them.

The probability of Gordon NOT having a blowup game this season is pretty low.  And it hasn’t happened yet.  3 regular season games left Josh!

20 minutes ago, Smoketheclay said:

The probability of Gordon NOT having a blowup game this season is pretty low.  And it hasn’t happened yet.  3 regular season games left Josh!

Week 17.  Book it.  

I wish this was the week.  More than ever I need his explosion.  I expect a 10 point performance but man if Josh can just do it this week it would be awesome.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LuckBox1 said:

Another mediocre outing ahead.

He's been solid in PPR