DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

I won't lie when I saw the headilne today, Ididn't think he relapsed, I immediately thought 'crap they got him for PED's!"  

His physique is all sinew and muscle.  He will return to destroy defenses!

1 hour ago, The Invictus said:

In theory it sounds relatively harmless until guys show up stoned...how you would like running routes high as s--- and the D-Back has zeroed in on you and he's straight coming at you like a missile?

Aside from a safety standpoint it would be the demise of the NFL. Dudes giggling in the huddle and forgetting the play by the time they line up.

Randy moss said he smoked before every game in HS and he was a phenom as a HS player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I won't lie when I saw the headilne today, Ididn't think he relapsed, I immediately thought 'crap they got him for PED's!"  

His physique is all sinew and muscle.  He will return to destroy defenses!

Yup, Thats what I thought also. But he has much more serious issues to deal with.

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Randy moss said he smoked before every game in HS and he was a phenom as a HS player.

So now we're talking about High School ball..... O....kay......

2 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

So now we're talking about High School ball..... O....kay......

They still tackle correct? Impact is impact, the laws of physics still operate the same. If you run a 4.5 in high school you run about the same in the pros and maybe you havent noticed but high school players  are over 200lbs too.

6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

They still tackle correct? Impact is impact, the laws of physics still operate the same. If you run a 4.5 in high school you run about the same in the pros and maybe you havent noticed but high school players  are over 200lbs too.

Yes I noticed, and when I played it there were very few comparable to basically what every player is at the elite skill level average in the Pros. Go ask them if there is a difference in the speed and impact at the Pro Level from High School? ...You know you're right..I am the idiot for indulging in this nonsense. Go draft him, pray they make weed legal and you'll win every league you ever play. 

41 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

Yes I noticed, and when I played it there were very few comparable to basically what every player is at the elite skill level average in the Pros. Go ask them if there is a difference in the speed and impact at the Pro Level from High School? ...You know you're right..I am the idiot for indulging in this nonsense. 

I agree, yes you are because you are trying to debate physics as if it doesnt apply in HS football.  I don't have to ask an NFL if there is a difference in speed and impact. The laws of physics govern and I did moderately well in my physics courses. I think maybe you would want to argue  'frequency' of high impact plays or 'occurrence' of injury from high impact plays or who knows what you are attempting to prove because you are not proving anything.:lol:

Yes I noticed, and when I played it there were very few comparable to basically what every player is at the elite skill level average in the Pros. Go ask them if there is a difference in the speed and impact at the Pro Level from High School? ...You know you're right..I am the idiot for indulging in this nonsense. Go draft him, pray they make weed legal and you'll win every league you ever play. 

i-feel-it.jpg

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

Some people seem to have zero understanding of pot or alcohol. Even beyond that, these people seem to have it out for anyone that admittedly had a problem with the aforementioned substances. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Some people seem to have zero understanding of pot or alcohol. Even beyond that, these people seem to have it out for anyone that admittedly had a problem with the aforementioned substances. 

Amen. I celebrate this guy trying to keep his life on track and the comeback he's already made and screw those who want to keep him saddled by his past behavior as if he's incapable of change. I see this as positive news that he recognized one of his personal triggers - anxiety - and that he needed professional help not to resort to his old crutches of alcohol and other drugs. I am pulling for him, even if he never plays another snap of football. He's had a tough life and he's doing his best. More to life than stats on a football field. Like I said earlier, bunch of losers in here debating his fortitude. Shameful.

Edited by timexsocialclub
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

I am pulling for him, even if he never plays another snap of football. He's had a tough life and he's doing his best. More to life than stats on a football field.

hes-right-you-know-32644960.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, The Invictus said:

In theory it sounds relatively harmless until guys show up stoned...how you would like running routes high as s--- and the D-Back has zeroed in on you and he's straight coming at you like a missile?

Aside from a safety standpoint it would be the demise of the NFL. Dudes giggling in the huddle and forgetting the play by the time they line up.

You’ve never smoked before have you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I guess you should read THE REST of my posts..or maybe you're stoned and incapable of any attention span beyond one post that suits you?

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

I agree, yes you are because you are trying to debate physics as if it doesnt apply in HS football.  I don't have to ask an NFL if there is a difference in speed and impact. The laws of physics govern and I did moderately well in my physics courses. I think maybe you would want to argue  'frequency' of high impact plays or 'occurrence' of injury from high impact plays or who knows what you are attempting to prove because you are not proving anything.:lol:

Know what I did prove? The fact you even have to reference one player who talked about playing stoned in High School made my point that it's an extreme exception if true, to the norm. But I'm sure that Physics class made you a great Fantasy Player. Certainly didn't make you a smart person.

35 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

Know what I did prove? The fact you even have to reference one player who talked about playing stoned in High School made my point that it's an extreme exception if true, to the norm. But I'm sure that Physics class made you a great Fantasy Player. Certainly didn't make you a smart person.

Yeah, you sure did show me pal.!  :lol:

• Haha 1

The takeaway from the public statements is Josh Gordon is  open and proactive about working with his support team for his addiction issues. That is a massive positive because in the past he would have used substances in secret and lied to everyone and himself about his problems. I am confident he will return to the field in a better mental and emotional place and perform like the stud he is.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

My friend knew a guy who smoked 3 marijuanas and went blind and deaf..

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I guess you should read THE REST of my posts..or maybe you're stoned and incapable of any attention span beyond one post that suits you?

I know people that focus better on marijuana. Also, opioids are extremely addictive and the side effects ruin lives. That is not the case with marijuana.

1 hour ago, kdko said:

That’s what he gets for touching the devils lettuce.

1 hour ago, kdko said:

I don’t think it causes blindness.  That’s from something else.  Did he...ummm...you know...when he smoked?

8 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I don’t think it causes blindness.  That’s from something else.  Did he...ummm...you know...when he smoked?

Last time I had the pot was at my draft in 2015, I brought back some cookie bars from Colorado and had a few with some beers, I ended up passing out mid draft, someone woke me up and I didn't have a qb so I took Winston and Mariota, then I puked, passed out, and my league mates finished my last round, I started Mariota week 1 and he threw 4 Td passes and looked like a genius, but that all changed week 2

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins
  • Like 1

Well hopefully this recent stuff will lower his value as maybe people will get gun shy about him being on their team. 

Since the topic has shifted to marijuana, the fact that it’s illegal but players take opioids by the bottle is sickening at this point. Football is no joke and most of these dudes really feel it throughout the week. One is an extremely addictive substance that has a magnitude of health issues while the other makes you lazy and even that’s not always the case

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ss3walkman said:

To that I say, Gordon isn't just a deep threat. He took plenty slants down the field.

I guess you can say there's more options this year, but that depends on how you feel about Landry and Coleman. I don't see a huge difference in the talent he has around him at WR this year than in 2013. They had Davone Bess, Travis Benjamin, and Greg Little. Outside of Landry, nothing jumps off the page, and again, some don't view Landry as high as others. 

3 good RBs, a possible breakout TE, Landry, Coleman and Callaway. Seems like a lot more talent than in 2013.