DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

This guy always seems to F me over every season. I no longer have any sympathy for this pos.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LeeVanCleef said:

This guy always seems to F me over every season. I no longer have any sympathy for this pos.

I cannot imagine anyone has any sympathy for your fantasy team or your poor attitude.  

• Thanks 1

It sucks this guy had a lot of football talent and just pissed it all way. He’s done in NFL now, he needs to focus on his life before that gets taken away

9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

You should admit you have not watched a single game he has played in the last year. None of his physical or football skills have deteriorated. I honestly don't understand why some people keep going with this false narrative. . .:rolleyes:

You should admit that you're still delusional about Josh Gordon.

1 minute ago, Grayson2401 said:

I cannot imagine anyone has any sympathy for your fantasy team or your poor attitude.  

lol gfy. Hows that for poor attitude.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Was it “the pot”?

he was spotted at a Medieval Times with his cable guy, soooo ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, m_cox22 said:

How many professional athletes lose a step at 27 (excluding injuries)? 

Josh was still an elite threat. Things just did not fall into place quite like they did in his magical 2013 campaign. 

He was still on a 1,000+ yard pace with many factors going against him (injury, playbook, limited snaps, etc.). 

• Like 1

Just now, m_cox22 said:

To imply his physical speed is less is a false statement. Dude is 27 not 37. All you are demonstrating is you have zero understanding of athletics and human physiology/kinesiology. You DON'T GET ATHLETICALLY SLOWER at 27. Only injury or change in mechanics will affect your speed .

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

To imply his physical speed is less is a false statement. Dude is 27 not 37. All you are demonstrating is you have zero understanding of athletics and human physiology/kinesiology. You DON'T GET ATHLETICALLY SLOWER at 27. Only injury or change in mechanics will affect your speed .

3.4 catches per game

61.4 yards per game

what an animal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Congrats to all the brilliant Gordon owners who are starting this beast in the finals! Excellent work my friends!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheDoctor said:

3.4 catches per game

61.4 yards per game

what an animal.

Stop embarassing yourself dude citing some stats without context which prove nothing except that they are stats.

You COULD  ASPIRE TO BE better than that. . .:lol:

He has been a mid-level WR2 to a Flex down the stretch and last week in what I call the "money week" he put up one of his worst performances, had a pretty bad drop, not sure Brady targeted him the rest of the way and on the last play of the game when Pats went 4 wide needing a TD, he was not even on the field, it was Gronk, Edelman, Hogan and Cordelle. 

I feel bad for the guy, because there is obvious addiction issues because its completely overwhelming his livelihood.  As far as fantasy goes, not sure this is really a devastating blow to anyone still playing especially if you were really counting on him and he dropped 2 points for you last week, seems your still playing more in spite of him than because of him. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Stop embarassing yourself dude citing some stats without context which prove nothing except that they are stats.

Have any stats that prove he has been a relevant football player over the last 5 years? I'll hang up and wait. 

11 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

LastPresentFreshwatereel-size_restricted

Good luck to Josh on a personal level, hope he gets well.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

As a Gordon truther... I was wrong. My only reaction is...

LOL!! :huh::mellow::(

Good riddance Josh, I hope you get the care you need.

Edited by ponza88
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, parrothead said:

He has been a mid-level WR2 to a Flex down the stretch and last week in what I call the "money week" he put up one of his worst performances, had a pretty bad drop, not sure Brady targeted him the rest of the way and on the last play of the game when Pats went 4 wide needing a TD, he was not even on the field, it was Gronk, Edelman, Hogan and Cordelle. 

I feel bad for the guy, because there is obvious addiction issues because its completely overwhelming his livelihood.  As far as fantasy goes, not sure this is really a devastating blow to anyone still playing especially if you were really counting on him and he dropped 2 points for you last week, seems your still playing more in spite of him than because of him. 

I was starting Robby Anderson over him anyway.

Although I kept Flash on my roster all season, I think I only had in my line-up 1 or 2 weeks (mostly due to byes). I wasn't all that impressed with what I saw in his tapes, he looked slow and like he was out of football shape. He also didn't appear to give much effort. Not surprised by this result. Fair well. 

18 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Chill bro I really need to keep this job...

10 minutes ago, dashoe said:

So could Josh "How High" Gordon!

11 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think you’re embarrassing yourself, tbh. You continually defend a guy who just hasn’t looked great at all. At times he looks good, but from what I’ve seen he’s been pretty average. What was his best play as a Patriot? The double coverage catch. 

We could probably list 20 WRs who have been better and have meant more for their teams.

Its time to stop acting like Gordon is this amazing athlete still. He’s not. Get over it. I haven’t seen it on the field since 2013 and we won’t ever see it again. What’s the next excuse? “Well if he had a better QB...” Hahaha

Good riddance, hope he gets the help he needs.

Edited by tpat30
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

3.4 catches per game

61.4 yards per game

what an animal.

How does one's stats have any correlation to their speed/athleticism?