DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

11 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

City of Boston is taking this hard

Du384srV4AAiDzi.jpg

Great day to light a glint, f--- my NFL contract, who needs that, I'll just sell cars with my name 

sorry josh, even if it is a piece of s---, your name won't convince me to buy it

Just now, FantasyGeek2018 said:

But we would miss his 600 yards and 3 td's a season.....Please come back....LOL

I'm happy to see him f--- it up for the millionth time, hopefully the route runs help him navigate the McDonald's kitchen line in record pace, 30 seconds or ur order free, yo dude, where my pickles?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

I guess I could work instead...

Same here! :lol:

9 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

This dude Gordon is a dumbass, I would be embarrassed to talk to my parents after blowing away a perfect gifted opportunity, at this point, just hit rock bottom and never come back

Cut his a**. Give his job to somebody who appreciates it. 

2 hours ago, affliction said:

So drug addiction is a mental health issue now?

Why isn’t it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Not a big risk in terms of trade value and salary.  But in terms of practice time, game planning, investing in the player, counting on him to make plays and help them win games.

Epic Fail.

He made big plays.  He occupied safeties.  He helped them win games.

He wasn't a fantasy monster because he didn't get as many looks as he would have gotten at Cleveland and because Brady can't throw nearly as well as Baker Mayfield.  But he still produced solid WR2 numbers.

Edited by Nap Time
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Did he test positive? All I see is that he's stepping away

Mental illness and holidays don't go hand in hand very well. He could just be feeling weak, down and fragile and feel it's best to step away. 

30 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Not true, I was a pothead before doing it multiple times a day before any function, social, work, did matter, sometimes during, gave me anxiety in my early 20s but still did it for the limited positive effects.  Cut that s--- cold turkey and felt great in my late 20s.  After a hiatus, last time I did it was due to opportunity, draft day 2015, friend had candy bars from Colorado, ate some, got really high, forgot to draft a quarterback and took Mariota and Winston on my next pick after I puked and they woke me up to make that Winston pick

hahaha, what an amateur!

28 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

To this day I have plenty of friends I hang out with that do it, I sit in the circle and pass the bong along, still fit right in

Wait, pass that back to me I'll take yours! But seriously, good for you, man.

Hope he gets the help he needs for his own sake. 

As for fantasy discussion it's time to admit that this ride is over. Off the field issues continue to be a theme for Gordon and counter the physical tools that he has. 2013 beast level, league winning, #1 WR overall Josh Gordon is gone for good. Low end wr2/high end wr3 at best and that's IF he comes back to a good team/situation 

Now we'll wait to see how dictator goddell and the nfl handle this indefinite ban

Edited by Guwop
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Why isn’t it?

Some people are very uneducated and don't understand that there is physical/chemical addiction and psychological/behavioral addiction.

unfortunately constant media attention and propaganda equates addiction to substance abuse and people don't understand that addiction comes in many forms. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, dashoe said:

there goes that key measureable 'looks' again. i swear u guys will reach for anything that suits your perspectives and tout it as some form of factual relevancy.  no different than when a woman talks about how she  "feels"  about a situation with no facts no varifiable data just feelings.:lol:

I don't understand.

You don't think you can visibly see if someone is slower?

9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Some people are very uneducated and don't understand that there is physical/chemical addiction and psychological/behavioral addiction.

unfortunately constant media attention and propaganda equates addiction to substance abuse and people don't understand that addiction comes in many forms. 

Like being addicted to haplessly defending a slow hopeless has-been?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I don't understand.

Do you ever wonder why eye witness testimony is the worst type of evidence?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I don't understand.

Not from a television set, no.  Route running and playmaking in the NFL isn't straight line and when it comes to deep balls you don't get a full satrt to finish camera shot. A lot depends on camera speed, angles etc. I look for facts not looks and feels.

Form what I have s"seen" he has gotten past multiple defenders and rant past multiple defenders and out ran multiple defenders and made multiple defenders miss tackles.

Quite frankly there has not been a single comment from an opponent,  teammate coach, player about josh being  'slower' or not as fast, every comment by the aforementioned has been positive with regards to his speed. Not a single DB has trash talked about how he has lost a step. 

The only place I have read any comments about Josh being slow is on this forum. 

Edited by dashoe

Just now, dashoe said:

Not from a television set, no. A lot depends on camera speed, angles etc. I look for facts not looks and feels.

Quite frankly there has not been a single comment from an opponent,  teammate coach, player about josh being  'slower' or not as fast, every comment by the aforementioned has been positive with regards to his speed. Not a single DB has trash talked about how he has lost a step. 

The only place I have read any comments about Josh being slow is on this forum. 

He ran a 4.3 40 in 2017. I haven't seen many other stats regarding his speed except for the comments you mentioned 

23 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Why isn’t it?

Is it ever the individual's fault for doing drugs?

I do hope Gordon all the best and hope he has support for his mental issues. Too many take their own life

• Like 1

Just now, bhawks489 said:

He ran a 4.3 40 in 2017. I haven't seen many other stats regarding his speed except for the comments you mentioned 

Not that he is slow, just during games he is either not trying or getting exhausted.

3 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

yes that was timed at the Browns facility which is why i don't understand this narrative that he is slower. Aside from injury or changing running mechanics you don't get athletically slower in less tha a year. people are simply seeing what they want to satisfy their perspectives vs the facts.  game film also shows you he isnt slow. Slow guys don't get consistently open on deep routes.

The fastest oplayers on defense  are the DB's and he has beaten ,multiple DB's this season

Edited by dashoe

8 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Do you ever wonder why eye witness testimony is the worst type of evidence?

Don't be dumb. Seeing one thing in the heat of the moment with adrenaline going through you and other factors is different than seeing a guy play every week and looking up every one of this snaps or replays on the internet.

Throw that post out the window.

1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Not true, I was a pothead before doing it multiple times a day before any function, social, work, did matter, sometimes during, gave me anxiety in my early 20s but still did it for the limited positive effects.  Cut that s--- cold turkey and felt great in my late 20s.  After a hiatus, last time I did it was due to opportunity, draft day 2015, friend had candy bars from Colorado, ate some, got really high, forgot to draft a quarterback and took Mariota and Winston on my next pick after I puked and they woke me up to make that Winston pick

I find your story to be quite alarming.