DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

This guy doesn't need to do much practice as he's shown before he can come right in and just play.  is beginning of the 4th too high?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, nk3323 said:

This guy doesn't need to do much practice as he's shown before he can come right in and just play.  is beginning of the 4th too high?

 

 

Don't let the facts get in the way of perception right? How many times has Gordon started off the season behind the curve in terms of practice?

His entire NFL career and he was unstoppable every time

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://articles.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/josh_gordon_wont_start_vs_stee_1.amp?__twitter_impression=true

 

He vowed to do whatever it takes to stick around this season, and plans to be ready to face the Steelers, even if he won't start the game.

"Yeah, Week 1 regular season,'' he said. "That's my focus. It is. That's what I've been told to do and that's what I plan on doing."

Ruled out of Thursday night's game against the Lions with his tweaked hamstring, Gordon also showed he hasn't lost his sense of humor. Asked how he tweaked the hammy, he winked and said "dehydration.''

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Hate to say I told you so but actually I really don't at all.

 

He’s playing week one. Yup you sure showed us.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, whatisfootball said:

https://articles.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/josh_gordon_wont_start_vs_stee_1.amp?__twitter_impression=true

 

He vowed to do whatever it takes to stick around this season, and plans to be ready to face the Steelers, even if he won't start the game.

"Yeah, Week 1 regular season,'' he said. "That's my focus. It is. That's what I've been told to do and that's what I plan on doing."

Ruled out of Thursday night's game against the Lions with his tweaked hamstring, Gordon also showed he hasn't lost his sense of humor. Asked how he tweaked the hammy, he winked and said "dehydration.''

 

 

I'm not sure what to make of this. 

 

When you have a drinking problem and joke about "dehydration" that usually means booze. However, I am pretty sure if JG was caught with a drink he'd be done so I can't say if that is it? Is this just a really bad joke on his part?  I guess this is most likely the case?

 

Also, still over a week away form kickoff and JG thread is already at 82 pages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FreakFries said:

 

 

I'm not sure what to make of this. 

 

When you have a drinking problem and joke about "dehydration" that usually means booze. However, I am pretty sure if JG was caught with a drink he'd be done so I can't say if that is it? Is this just a really bad joke on his part?  I guess this is most likely the case?

 

Also, still over a week away form kickoff and JG thread is already at 82 pages. 

What to make of it is he's funny.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

 

 

I'm not sure what to make of this. 

 

When you have a drinking problem and joke about "dehydration" that usually means booze. However, I am pretty sure if JG was caught with a drink he'd be done so I can't say if that is it? Is this just a really bad joke on his part?  I guess this is most likely the case?

 

Also, still over a week away form kickoff and JG thread is already at 82 pages. 

 

Could be wrong but I interpreted it as meaning it was nothing serious ie cramps.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, whatisfootball said:

 

Could be wrong but I interpreted it as meaning it was nothing serious ie cramps.

Right. I took it as a made-up injury so as not to send him out there in the most meaningless of preseason games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TommyKramer said:

I'm talking about practice, not just the preseason games.  All you Gordon lovers go ahead and use your high draft pick on him, I'll be targeting Landry in the middle rounds.  I will either be back on this board with my tail between my legs saying I'm sorry I doubted the great Gordon, or I'll be back here saying I told you so.  I think Gordon is a phenomenal talent, but it just ain't going to happen for him this year.

Landry's ADP is currently 38.  Unless youre in a 4 team league, I dont think youll be landing him in the middle rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

You guys think he'll outprodce Landry in PPR?

I don't think he will. Hot take!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

You guys think he'll outprodce Landry in PPR?


Full 16 games. Yes. Easily.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guy is either a league winner or a BUST.  Worthy or a round 5 pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Full 16 games. Yes. Easily.

Do you know how PPR scoring works? Gordon could outplay Landry all year and it wouldn't matter. He'll probably land 20 spots below him in WR ranks in PPR, honestly. Standard is a different story.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one of the browns Wrs will have 100 catches for 1000 yards and the other will have 1000 catches for 100 yards

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, devaster said:

lol. I called it. Hue's punishment is Gordon won't be listed as a starter and miss one snap. Hue is such a pathetic HC.

This isn’t calling anything, nothing has even happened yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not worried about Gordon being on a slight snap count.  I own Gordon and am not starting him week 1 (I'm deep at WR), but moving forward I feel his 4th round price tag will pay off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Gordon believes he can top his Pro Bowl season of 2013, when he led the NFL with 1,646 yards.

"There's always better to come,'' he said.

 

 

Yeah I'm not betting against what he believes he will do. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 

Yeah I'm not betting against what he believes he will do. :lol:

 

Same here, but I'm probably  not the best person to ask.  I've already drank the Kool-Aid, Hawaiian Punch, Crystal Light, and Snapple.  I have to pee.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be happy with him or Landry, hopefully in the 5th but probably in the 4th.

My biggest concern with Gordon is actually on the field, and not an issue with him directly.  If Taylor plays well and remains the starter all season, I worry that it lowers Gordon's ceiling.  Taylor is rather risk averse and I'm not sure he'll be willing to throw it up and let Gordon beat tight coverage often enough.  Won't let it stop me from taking him if variables align, but it probably will keep me from reaching a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

I'll be happy with him or Landry, hopefully in the 5th but probably in the 4th.

My biggest concern with Gordon is actually on the field, and not an issue with him directly.  If Taylor plays well and remains the starter all season, I worry that it lowers Gordon's ceiling.  Taylor is rather risk averse and I'm not sure he'll be willing to throw it up and let Gordon beat tight coverage often enough.  Won't let it stop me from taking him if variables align, but it probably will keep me from reaching a bit.

 

 

That is the will he be top 5 or will he be top 15 question. Taylor is risk averse, he knows he keeps getting jobs becuause he protects the football and wins games.

He is not a gunslinger, so lets hope Josh creates enough separation on his routes where Taylor feels comfortable getting him the ball. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Woonga24 said:

You guys think he'll outprodce Landry in PPR?

No way .... Landry wins easily 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shakestreet said:

No way .... Landry wins easily 

Taylor is terrible at hitting short underneath routes. I'd rather have Gordon. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, smetana34 said:

Taylor is terrible at hitting short underneath routes. I'd rather have Gordon. 

Taylor has never had a receiver in the same stratosphere in the slot as he has in Landry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.