DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

14 minutes ago, MJ10162 said:

Taylor has never had a receiver in the same stratosphere in the slot as he has in Landry.

Robert Woods is a very good player. Taylor severely stunted his development. 

15 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Robert Woods is a very good player. Taylor severely stunted his development. 

Disagree, regardless, he's obviously nowhere near as good as Landry in the slot.

6 minutes ago, MJ10162 said:

Disagree, regardless, he's obviously nowhere near as good as Landry in the slot.

I'd pick Woods over Landry, for sure.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ponza88 said:

I'd pick Woods over Landry, for sure.

Wonder why?

Image result for rams laughing

16 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Taylor is terrible at hitting short underneath routes. I'd rather have Gordon. 

Last two years in BUF, Taylor's leading receivers were RB and TE.

What are you talking about?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Wonder why?

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

Image result for rams laughing

It's lazy to just assume because I am a Rams fan that I think Woods is better than Landry.

All you need to do is do your due dilligence and study the two players side by side. Woods is criminally underrated. He's FASTER than most people think. He's got sticky hands (way more sure-handed than Landry). He's TOUGH. He doesn't shy away from contact. Has a better catch radius.

I'd pick the better Football player, 10/10 times.

Edited by ponza88

16 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Taylor is terrible at hitting short underneath routes. I'd rather have Gordon. 

And at the same time he is risk averse to throwing into contested coverage or deep. Solve that conundrum. 

• Haha 1

I don’t think Tyrods BUF production/pass distribution is a good indicator of what his production/pass distribution will be in CLE. He’s never had close to the talent he has now (Landry/Gordon/Njoku/Hyde/Duke). Plus, remember, he had Rex Ryan as his head coach his first two seasons in BUF and that O was all about ground and pound and short to intermediate passing with minimal downfield attempts; Todd Haley offenses have proven to be the opposite of that. 

As it relates to Flash, I don’t think any of us know what he’ll do or how much hell play or when. Of course he thinks he can top his best seasons production but until we see him on the field who knows. What we do know is that he had elite talent and now he has the best QB he’ll have ever played with, an O coordinator who’s offenses have historically played to his strengths more so than Landry’s, and he has the best supporting cast he’s ever had to take attention away from him. 

That sets him him up to be a potential league winner as a pick between 49th and 75th off the board (rounds 4-7 in 12 team leagues). Or it could mean a wasted early pick. We don’t know anything yet. But I do also know that leagues are won by taking risks and hitting upside picks, which Gordon’s history shows he has in spades along with his best ever supporting cast. 

16 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

It's lazy to just assume because I am a Rams fan that I think Woods is better than Landry.

All you need to do is do your due dilligence and study the two players side by side. Woods is criminally underrated. He's FASTER than most people think. He's got sticky hands (way more sure-handed than Landry). He's TOUGH. He doesn't shy away from contact. Has a better catch radius.

I'd pick the better Football player, 10/10 times.

It’s not a lazy assumption. Bias is almost impossible to hide. You can claim you’re not bias all you want it doesn’t change the reality.

This isn’t a single shred of evidence that he is better. Woods is so criminally underrated that in the highest scoring offense in the league he could only get 800 yards and 5 TDS.

Stop with the jibber jabber....What does Robert Woods have to do with Flash Gordon?!? 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, omnom1337 said:

For whatever this is worth

I only want updates from the beautiful Mary Kay Cabot in this thread. No jibber jabber

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It’s not a lazy assumption. Bias is almost impossible to hide. You can claim you’re not bias all you want it doesn’t change the reality.

This isn’t a single shred of evidence that he is better. Woods is so criminally underrated that in the highest scoring offense in the league he could only get 800 yards and 5 TDS.

Quote me at the end of the season if it doesn't pan out.

There's plenty of counter-arguments I can use... like:
1st year in the system
Didn't emerge until targeted... then went on his awesome run... then got hurt. That 800 Yards and 5TD's could have easily been 1200 Yards and 8TD's.

I trust my eye. Thanks.

Edited by ponza88

Anyway... getting back to Gordon.

I have Gordon just outside the WR1 rankings and Landry barely making WR2.

I'm probably in the minority but generally, with fantasy, that's a good thing.

• Like 1

Anyway... getting back to Gordon.

I have Gordon just outside the WR1 rankings and Landry barely making WR2.

I'm probably in the minority but generally, with fantasy, that's a good thing.

Not in the early rounds it isn't. That's where you lose leagues, not where you win them.

• Haha 1

Just now, MJ10162 said:

Not in the early rounds it isn't. That's where you lose leagues, not where you win them.

LOL...

4th / 5th Round with already RB/WR/RB ... RB/RB/WR ... WR/WR/RB

You won't lose your league. The 4th round is a perfect opportunity for Huge Upside plays like Gordon.

• Like 1

Quote me at the end of the season if it doesn't pan out.

I trust my eye. Thanks.

I don't care enough to quote anyone when they're proven wrong. I was told to quote people a million times last season if they're wrong. 

The problem is your eyes are bias. It's just the reality of the situation. Hidden bias may not be the most obvious thing but if a fan of a team says something I will always assume it's there. If you provide facts to support your claim that's fair but you haven't. 

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I don't care enough to quote anyone when they're proven wrong. I was told to quote people a million times last season if they're wrong. 

The problem is your eyes are bias. It's just the reality of the situation. Hidden bias may not be the most obvious thing but if a fan of a team says something I will always assume it's there. If you provide facts to support your claim that's fair but you haven't. 

Keep telling yourself I am bias, I'll just continue with my strong due diligence of players around the NFL.

Your "Bias" stance is merely just validation to make your point stand. You're wrong, but whatever you want to tell yourself. Good luck this season.

NOW....

How about Josh Gordon!?!?!?!?

Edited by ponza88

5 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

NOW....

How about Josh Gordon!?!?!?!?

Yeah he's pretty good.

If you can get Gordon in the 4th or 5th round...you've already got your horses, and just brought in a potential top 3 WR for the league. There are still plenty of solid WR's later down the draft to cover for him.

No brainer pick for me.

If he's gone, then you pick up Landry.

Edited by FooserX
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You know, I hear Josh Gordon is a big fan of grammar.  Someone can have bias, or they can be biased, but you can't be bias.  

Ok, sorry for being a pedantic a**hole but holy s--- does that mistake bug me.

More on topic- Landry has some of the best hands and short area quickness in the game, plus great feel for settling down in a hole in the zone.  Better than woods in all 3 areas imo.  Wait, the topic is Josh Gordon?  Ok, playing with Landry should help Gordon learn the finer points of the game- those he hasn't had to because of his athleticism.

Edited by Felicia's Bye
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MJ10162 said:

You don't lose your league in the early rounds. You lose your league over the course of 16 weeks by not implementing the proper line up and not adjusting to changes and trends during the season. You have to be able to recognize a trend vs a blip in performance.

I find most people who lose are those who fall in love with their draft picks and never adjust to the severely underperforming ones because they keep assuming they will be "right" at some point. 

There was one poor guy in my league last season who just couldnt pull the trigger and take Amari out of his lineup or trade him away. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, devaster said:

And at the same time he is risk averse to throwing into contested coverage or deep. Solve that conundrum. 

if they don't win games insert Baker mayfield and problem solved

Landry is the GOAT, he'll hurt Gordon's production... and the latest... Landry will help Gordon be a better receiver. 

LOL!

Edited by ponza88