Fantasy Baseball Geek

Ian Happ 2018 Outlook

Out of the lineup against the beast known as Wainwright.  If he can’t start vs Wainwright he’s worthless.

37 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Out of the lineup against the beast known as Wainwright.  If he can’t start vs Wainwright he’s worthless.

Yes, you've made that point at least 5 time already in this thread. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

Yes, you've made that point at least 5 time already in this thread. 

Point worth repeating.. Since the benching is happening repeatedly. 

Not even a Platoon guy.. Just a Part-Timer. Shouldn't be dropped b/c of the potential.. But getting hard to keep rostering.

The best is to have a multi-positional IF guy to rotate around. Almost a necessity at this point for those w/ shares of Happ

6 minutes ago, Brett Butler said:

Point worth repeating.. Since the benching is happening repeatedly. 

Not even a Platoon guy.. Just a Part-Timer. Shouldn't be dropped b/c of the potential.. But getting hard to keep rostering.

The best is to have a multi-positional IF guy to rotate around. Almost a necessity at this point for those w/ shares of Happ

I don't need to read about a forum user's unhealthy obsession and irrational hatred for a player repeatedly in said player's thread. This forum has enough mevins' already. Happ's playing time has been consistently inconsistent since the start of the season, continuing to mention it is useless as it does not indicate a change.  

• Thanks 1

I'm going to begin sending flyers out in my leagues to try to buy-low on him.  Might get some disgruntled owners tired of him getting benched each day.

11 minutes ago, MJDrocks said:

I'm going to begin sending flyers out in my leagues to try to buy-low on him.  Might get some disgruntled owners tired of him getting benched each day.

He's a dangerous buy low. His Babip is .381. His hard hit rate is down to 26%. That k % is other worldly at 45%. 

The only positive I can see is that his plate discipline is exactly the same as last year pretty much when he only K'd 31% of the time. And that his gb % is down from last year and his Fb% is way up. Aside from that it aint Happening

1 minute ago, High&Inside said:

He's a dangerous buy low. His Babip is .381. His hard hit rate is down to 26%. That k % is other worldly at 45%. 

The only positive I can see is that his plate discipline is exactly the same as last year pretty much when he only K'd 31% of the time. And that his gb % is down from last year and his Fb% is way up. Aside from that it aint Happening

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll prob try to buy really low to see if the owner is as low as some as people are.

1 hour ago, disasterisk said:

I don't need to read about a forum user's unhealthy obsession and irrational hatred for a player repeatedly in said player's thread. This forum has enough mevins' already. Happ's playing time has been consistently inconsistent since the start of the season, continuing to mention it is useless as it does not indicate a change.  

I think there is a point to be made here - that there is a change. Sure his playing time was inconsistent earlier in the season, but that was because it appeared he was being strictly platooned. Benched vs LHP, Leading off vs RHP. I would deal with that. It is easier to roster a platoon player when you know/can expect his starts/bench.

Now, he's being benched vs RHP. That wasn't happening earlier. The last time the Cubs faced a righty, he was also originally on the bench, on Friday vs Anibal Sanchez, and only got into the lineup once Almora was scratched.

So this IS of importance and of note, and definitely warrants being brought up again. 

2 hours ago, disasterisk said:

Didn't know what you do or don't need to read is the standard for what should or shouldn't be posted in an Ian Happ thread. 

The fact that Happ is sitting again (though it looks like he's playing now) is the news to be updated on about the player. 

This guy is a human windmill.  I really wanted to believe in the kid for this year but I just can't see it happening any time soon.  I think the kid needs a major adjustment at the plate and probably some AAA time.  

League worst swinging strike% and third worst contact%. If he finds it god bless him but the Cubs have a versatile roster and he isn't bringing anything to the table right now.

I see a minor league stint on the horizon.

• Like 2

Out of the lineup again vs a RHP. Guess we have to wait until near game time for that lineup scratch...

Cubs ARE in Coors this weekend, but, what's the point if he isn't even starting?

4 minutes ago, JNR0110 said:

Out of the lineup again vs a RHP. Guess we have to wait until near game time for that lineup scratch...

Cubs ARE in Coors this weekend, but, what's the point if he isn't even starting?

Ian Happ just doesn’t have IT 

Drafting Ian was a mistake

All that promise means squat. 

Weekly set em league that docks for Ks....he's off my roster good riddance let him be somebody else's headache. 

Probably time for him to hit waiver wires. 

1 minute ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Probably time for him to hit waiver wires. 

writing that you are dropping Ian Happening you have been terminated 

It's okay, rest him up for Coors! Hopefully he breaks out there.

If he goes 1 for 12 out there with 6 Ks then okay, I drop. 

Most over hyped pre-draft player in recent memory.

Will be my drop when Myers comes off the DL tomorrow.  Should have traded him after his first dinger on opening day.

Edited by DemOrioles

23 minutes ago, dchamps said:

It's okay, rest him up for Coors! Hopefully he breaks out there.

If he goes 1 for 12 out there with 6 Ks then okay, I drop. 

Yup if he doesn't play, he gone