Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fuzzy_Slippers

Rougned Odor 2018 Outlook

30 minutes ago, evillaw4eva said:

Anyone still interested in this guy?

He was showing strides in early going.  Still very young.  I’ll give him a bit more time before I draw any conclusions on him.

32 minutes ago, evillaw4eva said:

Yes still interested in the 24 year old 2B coming off consecutive 30+ HR 14+ SB seasons.

26 minutes ago, evillaw4eva said:

I was looking into acquiring him in my standard 5x5 (non-OBP) league.  The price has never been lower, and as long as you have some AVG offsets, the power/speed combo at the scarce position could be nice.  I ultimately ended up not pulling the trigger because the rest of the deal wasn't right, but I think you have to give him a look as long as your roster construction can handle it.

It's a pretty unfortunate matchup for him to come back to tonight, but, Odor will approach Verlander like he does every other pitcher. Swinging for the fences. 

The power is clearly there, but if he could find a way to even just settle around the 250 mark, I think you have to be happy with it. This just is what the MLB is anymore. 

Before he went to the DL, though it was a very small sample size, he was looking more like the 2015 version of Roughned at the plate than he was 2017. 

On 5/10/2018 at 2:30 PM, evillaw4eva said:

I have hope.  I was high on him coming into the year.  I felt like the projections that he good get to a .250 BA.  Put that alongside 30HR and 15 SB and you have a pretty great player.  10 poor games to start the year and an injury isn't going to end to my optimism.  After taking on the great Astros this weekend, his pitching matchup are a lot friendlier next week so hopefully we get some numbers next week.

3 for 36 vs dallas welcome back worst hitter in baseball

Houston isn’t an easy landing spot for him.  Verlander Morton and Keuchel.  Not expecting any results this weekend.  

3 hours ago, hard1 said:

welcome back worst hitter in baseball

I had to double check to make sure I wasn't in the Chris Davis thread

4 hours ago, bank said:

I had to double check to make sure I wasn't in the Chris Davis thread

Twins separated at birth...one looks like Arnold the other Danny

59 minutes ago, kittenmittons said:

Has 6 PA since he's returned... K'd in 5 of them.  

So he's right in his groove

Could be a 2B #10 in OBP leagues if he can get his walks up as a few posters have alluded to and reach .290 to .300 OBP like he did in 2016.

His 2017 numbers with .250 OBP was barely worth rostering even in 12 team leagues that use OBP instead of AVG.

I thought he would rebound some from his awful 2017 and be helpful in HRs and SBs. 

He's worse this year

0 HRs, 0 SBs and an OPS of .470 ... which is a good .150 lower than a typical season from slugger Alcides Escobar

100% putrid

Drafting this guy was just brilliant on my part. At least he lives up to his last name. 

Cause he stinks. 

Every time I look at his box scores I die a little more inside.

5 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Every time I look at his box scores I die a little more inside.

12 runs for the Rangers last night and the Stinky One was ... 0-4 ... of course he was

12 hours ago, jb_power said:

12 runs for the Rangers last night and the Stinky One was ... 0-4 ... of course he was

He was actually 1-3 with an RBI last night. 

On 5/30/2018 at 12:16 AM, All rise for Albies said:

Starting to warm up nicely

Define warming up?  Meaning not going hitless each game?  There is nothing warm and nothing going up with this piece of s***.