Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fletch44

Gregory Polanco 2018 Outlook

He's put up a good statline in the spring, for what little spring baseball is worth:

Year AB R H HR RBI SB AVG OBP OPS
2018 Spring Training Stats 29 5 11 3 4 0 .379 .419

This year he's not working the weights so hard, and instead has worked on cardio, flexibility, and core strengthening. 

http://www.heraldtribune.com/sports/20180316/polanco-power-hitter-with-speed

I took him at #202 overall in my Dynasty.  Good value there. His composite ADP is around 152.

On 2018-01-19 at 1:58 AM, B&F said:

The way to deal with players like GP is to draft their floor taking into account the time that will likely be missed.  Factor in the statistics of a replacement player for the time missed.  

The problem is his floor is not even roster-able, as shown last year. I got seduced by his WBC and thought he'd turn a corner. 

Not saying he can't or won't break out, but he doesn't do anything well enough to even have a usable floor. 

1 hour ago, handyandy86 said:

The problem is his floor is not even roster-able, as shown last year. I got seduced by his WBC and thought he'd turn a corner. 

Not saying he can't or won't break out, but he doesn't do anything well enough to even have a usable floor. 

Obviously that depends on your league size and settings.

Last year he suffered a string of nagging injuries and couldn't come untracked. I am writing that off and focusing on his 2016 season. I believe research shows that a hitter is just as likely to replicate their stats of two seasons ago as the past year, so it isn't unreasonable, especially at his age.  A potential 20-20 .270 guy is pretty valuable. To me, he's worth the risk in the middle rounds of your draft--I selected him around #180 overall, around Kiemaier, Choo, Odubel Hererra, Dexter Fowler, and Josh Bell, but I'll note that my league has some unusual settings. I like him better than those other players I just named.

In a mixed league $315/team auction, I got him for $6 yesterday as a data point for those preparing to draft.  Hoping he will take a step forward both with health and skills this year.  If so, I think there is some value here.

I'd rather have Josh Bell. And I'm definitely not going to draft to BuccO's

I dunno. His ADP still seems high considering everything.  At first glance there are a lot of players with lower ADPs that I would rather have.

This guy fell to me at 164 yesterday. Polanco pretty much never ends up on any of my teams, but I think this is too far for him to fall and he can be a bit of a post-hype guy this year.

Picking up right where he left off in ST. 2-3 2R 1RBI 1SB.

Got robbed of potentially a 3rd run on hit and run called by the manager.

I know it’s only a few games but I’m liking what I’m seeing so far. ??

7 hours ago, reichl555 said:

I know it’s only a few games but I’m liking what I’m seeing so far. ??

He's healthy.

New workout program in off season.

He's gonna rake.  Can't go on DL 3 times in a season and find any  consistency. He's gonna have it this year.

8 hours ago, Dugout Legend said:

He's healthy.

New workout program in off season.

He's gonna rake.  Can't go on DL 3 times in a season and find any  consistency. He's gonna have it this year.

Or, you know, he had one good game.

5 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

4 walks in one game?  It looks like they’re giving him the Barry Bonds treatment!

OBP league gold! 

1 minute ago, gbill2004 said:

He’s evolving into a poor mans Mike Trout. 

I was honestly thinking the same thing today.

43 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

He’s evolving into a poor mans Mike Trout. 

Stop it. Don’t get me excited.

For all those people that owned this guy last year and are now watching this at some discount price. :huh::angry:<_<

37 minutes ago, UberRebel said:

Stop it. Don’t get me excited.

giphy.gif