fletch44

Gregory Polanco 2018 Outlook

21 minutes ago, absknicks said:

And Lester tomorrow... have to think he sits again. I'm starting to look for replacements in a 15-teamer. 

I finally dropped him to take a chance on Preston Tucker. Acuna MAY be out for a little while.

Out again today. Huntington wants Meadows in there.  Not sure what to do with this guy or what his future holds.  Personally I thought he would have been moved his rookie year when it was rumored he was not on the same page as Huntington for non-baseball reasons from the get go.  I'm patient but the trade window opportunity in dynasty is slipping away with the 4 man OF alignment.  

4th OF now he's been garbage for 2 + years now, don't know what the attraction is here

He looks good in a uniform.  That is about it.

I'm just going to outright waive him if no one bites.  Not sure why anyone would

I'd bet dollar to donuts he gets traded.  Sitting for another rookie lefty OF who has a great attitude through all the perseverence from injuries.  Writing is on the wall.

How does the ROS look for Polanco? Value goes up if traded to a contender but what if he's not traded?

What's the value in dynasty/Keeper leagues now?

Edited by Febonacci

I'd be absolutely shocked if he was dealt. More likely Dickerson is traded, or Meadows is sent down

1 hour ago, Febonacci said:

How does the ROS look for Polanco? Value goes up if traded to a contender but what if he's not traded?

What's the value in dynasty/Keeper leagues now?

Polanco is under team control until 2024. He's not getting traded without a King's ransom... And even that might not be enough for Huntington. 

3 hours ago, einstein2u said:

hits a homer today,#17 and no one seems to care

I've not said anything because I didn't want to jinx it. On pace for close to 30 HR now.

But yea, 4 HRs in last 14 days...definitely been good to see. Also good to see he's been able to stay off the DL too.

He's really turned his season around. Now a top-70 player in 5x5 which was almost inconceivable a month ago. Glad I held on through the early struggles. 

Three SB in the Mets series. Not sure if he's going to be running more going forward or if Mesoraco is just that bad defensively. 

Always had the pedigree...hoping we are finally seeing the light bulb switched on 

He looked droppable a month and a half ago, when he was lost at the plate and Meadows was eating into his playing time. Thankfully, I kept him and did not trade him for 5 cents on the dollar. Amazing the numbers Polanco is on pace for:

90 runs 29 homers 89 RBI 11 SB .348 OBP and .518 SLG

For those among us in deep OBP leagues (such as me) there's nothing wrong with those numbers. Nothing at all. 

Goes to show the ebbs and flows of an MLB season. 

1) I like him coming into the year and I am thrilled at the price I get him for.

2) He breaks from the gate strongly and I waste no time to pat myself on the back, this is the "year" after all. 

3) He cools off. 

4) He is still slumping and Meadows, an instant sensation, is called up. 

5) Meadows is long out of the picture and Polanco is in our good graces again. Well on his way to a nice year.  

Who knows if he will slow down again but it seems you have to lay your anchor with guys you predicted to be good from the outset, ride out the ebbs and enjoy the flows. 

Edited by IceGoat
  • Like 3