Evincar

Dalvin Cook 2018 Outlook

7 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

Im not starting this guy until he actually proves he can do something

6 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Sure, sit him out against the worst run defense in the league. I will be starting.

I am so confused

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, next big thing cp84 said:

The coaching staff loves Murray and love sprinkling some runs for him where they can.  

They love him so much that he's averaging a whopping less-than-8 touches a game even when the starter is out? Not saying you're wrong, but he barely got 20% of the snaps in Week 1 when Cook was still being eased back in, and then proceeded to get LESS touches the next 3 games without him (2.5 games, I guess, if you count the Rams). I know he's been gamescripted out of games, but it seems like all they love about Murray is his ability to be an additional blocker for their terrible offensive line. 

Just saying, there are a lot of things that scare me about Dalvin's situation this season, but Latavius stealing his touches is pretty far down on my list after seeing how they've deployed that backfield so far. 

Edited by DekuTree
  • Like 2

Murray hasn't done anything this season.  Like seriously, nothing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DekuTree said:

They love him so much that he's averaging a whopping less-than-8 touches a game even when the starter is out? Not saying you're wrong, but he barely got 20% of the snaps in Week 1 when Cook was still being eased back in, and then proceeded to get LESS touches the next 3 games without him (2.5 games, I guess, if you count the Rams). I know he's been gamescripted out of games, but it seems like all they love about Murray is his ability to be an additional blocker for their terrible offensive line. 

Just saying, there are a lot of things that scare me about Dalvin's situation this season, but Latavius stealing his touches is pretty far down on my list after seeing how they've deployed that backfield so far. 

Week 1, Dalvin was considered healthy and would get a full workload. Latavius still got 11 carries. That was the one of two games thus far where the game script called for Minnesota to at least attempt to run the ball as they were not trailing the entire game. The other game was last week against Philly and their elite run defense, where he once again received double digit carries (Yes I know Dalvin was out, but Murray received 11/16 RB carries).

If the game script calls for it on sunday, which it is seeming like it will, Latavius will sadly get a decent amount of the carries. 

However, I completely agree with everyone here saying Latavius sucks.... because he does. The guy needs a walmart-sized hole to run through, otherwise he is going straight into the backs of the inept offensive line. 

Can't afford to sit him when he starts in case he blows up finally. I have to start winning this week with the team I have him on. 

3 minutes ago, GurleyMan said:

Can't afford to sit him when he starts in case he blows up finally. I have to start winning this week with the team I have him on. 

Absolutely, if there is any week he blows up it has to be this week. The worst run defense in the league at home, and finally seems to be healthy. All signs point towards an RB1/2 type performance.

With my season on the brink, time to go balls out and fire up the second round pick without any second guessing. Let’s go!

If not now, when?

id rather take a shot with Cook then any of these committee backs many of us have been using in his place.

Don't mind if Murray takes some of the inside running. The real juice will come when they start getting Cooks out wide and getting him more involved in Cousins' passing game. Let's go!

What worries me is the Vikings’ terrible offensive line. What eases my worries is Dalvin Cook’s pass catching abilities. I’ll probably be starting him.  

Usually, similar scenarios would warrant a bench for me. Too much risk. HOWEVER. 

This is THE worst run defense in the league so far and the Vikings want to establish a ground game. What a better time to do it, against the worst run D, with the return of their staring running back. Gotta get him into lineups. 

2 hours ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Week 1, Dalvin was considered healthy and would get a full workload. Latavius still got 11 carries. That was the one of two games thus far where the game script called for Minnesota to at least attempt to run the ball as they were not trailing the entire game. The other game was last week against Philly and their elite run defense, where he once again received double digit carries (Yes I know Dalvin was out, but Murray received 11/16 RB carries).

If the game script calls for it on sunday, which it is seeming like it will, Latavius will sadly get a decent amount of the carries. 

However, I completely agree with everyone here saying Latavius sucks.... because he does. The guy needs a walmart-sized hole to run through, otherwise he is going straight into the backs of the inept offensive line. 

Most of Latavius’ touches that game 1 came in the 4th quarter, when the game was in hand and in clock killing mode. I specifically remember that game b/c I was interested in tracking how they planned to use Cook coming off injury. I recall thinking “Oh yeah, all systems go.” I could be wrong, but I believe going into the 4th quarter Murray had 6 or so touches.......total. 

I'm starting him this week, but I'm not super confident.  Benching Carson vs Oak for him, benching a stud has already screwed me once this week with Jeffery, not making the same mistake with Cook.  

I'm a new Cook owner, dealt for him on Saturday last week when it was becoming obvious he wasn't going to play. To me, you put him in the starting lineup and don't think about it. Arizona is truly terrible, the game script will be favorable. Murray will touch the ball for sure to spell Dalvin, but Dalvin has the breakaway ability and will get any receiving work.

If you own Cook right now, your team is in one of three places: 

1. You drafted well and have survived the Cook injury. If your team has survived to this point, you can likely afford the high upside Cook carries against this brutal defense.

2. You weren't so lucky in the draft and Cooks has hurt you. At this point, you're likely desperate enough that how can it possibly hurt if he burns you? 

3. You traded for Cook because your team was deep enough to stomach his absence for the reward later. If you're in this category, you probably can't go wrong either way... but do you really have that many bench options with a higher ceiling? 

There's no denying Cook's ability and the ceiling he brings. Yes, the floor is low, but against Arizona, how much lower is the floor from the replacement level guys you've been starting in his place? Yes, the risk is there, but these are the types of moves that can steal you a week. I personally plan on starting him ahead of Emmanuel Sanders as long as the injury report stays clean leading up to Sunday. 

Dalvin Cook (hamstring) is questionable for Week 6 against the Cardinals.

Cook indicated he only wanted to play if he was back at full health. "Me going out there 80 percent, 70 percent, I’m not going to be able to help my team like that," he said. "We got a bunch of guys that are 100 percent that can help the team win football games. At this point, it’s just me getting 100 percent so I can go out there and be who I am and that’s be explosive." He was notably a full participant in practice on Thursday. It sounds like Cook will only be active if he's in full form, returning him to prominent low-end RB1 status if he plays.

Oct 12 - 3:22 PM

Doesn't sound very encouraging despite the full practice.  If he was a gamer, he'd be out there.  But if this guy is going to wait until he's 100%, that could be a while it sounds.   I just keep thinking, it could be worse, and I could own Fournette.

On 9/25/2018 at 2:47 PM, eg4190 said:

5 hours ago, Pooskay said:

I will not trust this guy until I see a 100+ yd game

Wish I never drafted this guy. He's missed 16 out of 21 games and just takes up space on my bench. He will stay on my bench until he proves worthy of starting. Even if he plays and blows up this week, I won't regret it.

I like the approach everyone is taking here, “if you’re not gonna start him this week what’s the point; he’s gonna pop off” the same was said in the D. Henry thread. 

I just bailed....As a Yeldon owner< I flipped him for Fournette to lockdown the Jags RB, we'll see how it plays out.......