Evincar

Dalvin Cook 2018 Outlook

36 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Minny has the pieces to make a very deep run this year, if Captain Kirk clicks it's Super Bowl or BUST, imo.

Cook is obviously a huge part of this plan, so why not ease the workload a tad to keep him fresh for the big push?  i'm certainly not suggesting Slats sees the greater majority of work, but he will be prominent enough ... especially so in those gl scrums.

I agree. I think it becoming more and more evident that they want to protect Cook which means more snaps for Lat Murray. I'm not confident that Cook can return late 1st round/2nd round value in a timeshare.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DanObiWan said:

Heading into (std) drafts this weekend, is Cook ahead of McCaffery in your rankings? 

no way 

• Like 1

I think they are b2b now.  I still think Cam and Anderson vulture TDs from McCaffrey the same a few will get vultured by Murray.  Does the number of proven catches by McCaffrey outweigh Cook being on a better offense?  That's a really close call right now.  I think most would choose McCaffrey right now but it's a closer call for me.

its early but I may be starting Collins over Cook week 1 just to see how they use him.  that means Cook probably  drop 25 points.  

I can get LM being the goal line back but why put him in a 50/50 or even 40/60 committee? This is a guy who was in a committee with McKinnon, far lesser player than Cook.

2 hours ago, matlee15 said:

I think they are b2b now.  I still think Cam and Anderson vulture TDs from McCaffrey the same a few will get vultured by Murray.  Does the number of proven catches by McCaffrey outweigh Cook being on a better offense?  That's a really close call right now.  I think most would choose McCaffrey right now but it's a closer call for me.

I’m starting to see CMC and Cook being equivalent. Can CMC sustain that kind of workload without injury? Will Cook coming back from injury be a huge concern? Agree about the TD vulturing.  Heck, at the 12-13, if Gordon and Fournette are already gone, it wouldn’t be crazy to grab both Cook and CMC in PPR.

8 minutes ago, CooL said:

I’m starting to see CMC and Cook being equivalent. Can CMC sustain that kind of workload without injury? Will Cook coming back from injury be a huge concern? Agree about the TD vulturing.  Heck, at the 12-13, if Gordon and Fournette are already gone, it wouldn’t be crazy to grab both Cook and CMC in PPR.

I would be happy with those two at the turn of a 12 team and worry about WR with rounds 3-4.

i think he had real potential before his injury. i agree that injuries are "luck" in some respect, but recovery from injuries and performance after are unique...who knows how he goes after

3 hours ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

How much do you think Latavius cuts into his workload? Is it confirmed LM will get the goal line work?

I would think a lot early in the season. 50/50 split

10 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

I would think a lot early in the season. 50/50 split

Really? Then why is cook getting drafted in the 2nd round then? Seems like an awful pick then.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2018 at 12:06 AM, TrueToTheBlue said:

Really? Then why is cook getting drafted in the 2nd round then? Seems like an awful pick then.

U asked how much he would cut into Dalvin workload. I see no reason why Vikings would rush him back and give him full workload. Vikings are good team and wanna preserve Dalvin

Hes being drafted in 2nd cuz he’s better than Latavius no question. Just too rich for my blood

He’s a joke steal in the 2nd. Latavius Murray might be even less threatening than Gore as a supposed 2nd back. 

Maybe in blowouts you see see a lot of Murray but otherwise he’s at most 8-10 carries.

Wow a lot of people down on him. Guys gonna surprise a lot of people. No way its a 50/50 split with him and Murray. It's 2018, players come back from torn ACL's every year now

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Magoo said:

He’s a joke steal in the 2nd. Latavius Murray might be even less threatening than Gore as a supposed 2nd back. 

Maybe in blowouts you see see a lot of Murray but otherwise he’s at most 8-10 carries.

As a cook owner I hope you’re right, but from the reports I've seen from beat writers they seem to think it’s going to be close to a 50/50 split week 1 with Murray getting the GL work. 

52 minutes ago, Magoo said:

LOL, Don't shoot the messenger. It's not the fantasy world that is speculating this. This is from the coaches / organization. Can we believe them? Maybe..maybe not, but as fantasy owners, we have to take whatever bit of information available to us and make sense of it. Why not bring him back slowly for the first half of the season after coming back from a torn ACL. You say 8-10 carries, but what happens if those include all GL? What happens if Lat Murray gets hot? You can't just dismiss something because you feel the another way about it.

The fact is this: Lat Murray and Cook will  "split a good bit of the rushing load this season". Minnesota average around 30 carries per game in 2017 so that would equate to approx 15 carries per game for Lat Murray in a true split.

The not so fact is: Lat Murray will just get 8-10 carries

If you can find me something where Lat Murray will only get carries during blowouts, let me know. I still have one draft left lol.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

LOL, Don't shoot the messenger. It's not the fantasy world that is speculating this. This is from the coaches / organization. Can we believe them? Maybe..maybe not, but as fantasy owners, we have to take whatever bit of information available to us and make sense of it. Why not bring him back slowly for the first half of the season after coming back from a torn ACL. You say 8-10 carries, but what happens if those include all GL? What happens if Lat Murray gets hot? You can't just dismiss something because you feel the another way about it.

The fact is this: Lat Murray and Cook will  "split a good bit of the rushing load this season". Minnesota average around 30 carries per game in 2017 so that would equate to approx 15 carries per game for Lat Murray in a true split.

The not so fact is: Lat Murray will just get 8-10 carries

If you can find me something where Lat Murray will only get carries during blowouts, let me know. I still have one draft left lol.

Watch film and recognize the best players get saved during the preseason

2 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Watch film and recognize the best players get saved during the preseason

Blind love for a player gets you nowhere.  Pay attention to what is happening, what the local news sources are saying, and what the coaches are saying.  If you take all those things into consideration instead of just saying Cook is a great talent so Murray won't be involved, then you'll realize the Vikings are serious about a timeshare.   As a Vikings fan as was very pleased with how Murray played last year.   I really don't get all the hate for the guy, ai mean after all he has scored 20 rushing TD's the past 2 seasons.  Murray is definitely a piece of the Vikings plans this year 

Just now, TommyKramer said:

Blind love for a player gets you nowhere.  Pay attention to what is happening, what the local news sources are saying, and what the coaches are saying.  If you take all those things into consideration instead of just saying Cook is a great talent so Murray won't be involved, then you'll realize the Vikings are serious about a timeshare.   As a Vikings fan as was very pleased with how Murray played last year.   I really don't get all the hate for the guy, ai mean after all he has scored 20 rushing TD's the past 2 seasons.  Murray is definitely a piece of the Vikings plans this year 

Murray may be the least talented RB in the league that gets some run. No athleticism. JAB

Cook started with big volume last year because Murray was recovering from off-season ankle surgery.

People expect him to start with big volume again this year. 

He's over valued.

I am human and fall victim to this 'timeshare' argument.  It is becoming apparent that the RB position is beginning to dominate the game.  Without a white board and a case of High Lifes - it is not really worth the time for me to detail my logic behind why I think the RB position is beginning to dominate the game.  Part of it has to do with the evolution of defenses, part of it points to the CFL, etc - it would be intriguing and laughable - at best.  Regardless, here is a situation where I am full-on buy mode with Dalvin Cook.  I don't care if LaMuMu gets carries, DaCo is going to get his.  Look at the Saints and the Patriots last year.  Ingram and Kamara both got theirs - meanwhile, their WRs got some -less than expected because this is a "passing league."  Secondly, Neon and Burkbutt got theirs, meanwhile their receivers got theirs - perhaps less than expected. 

I'm going all in on Cook, if he is available, and I am not even going to bother handcuffing him with LaMuMu. 

• Like 1

Cook will play on third downs, and Cousins is known for dumping short passes in those situations.