Rolling Thunder

Cleveland Browns 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Mayfield could be the top QB, I don’t necessarily hate it ...(any of these QBs could be a huge bust)

They have a chance to redeem themselves tonight with 2 of the first 3 picks - lots of talent I wasn’t planning on being available

Yeah, I don't it's fair for anyone to hate the pick right now.  Skeptical?  Sure.  Any of these guys could flounder.  Who knows, Mayfield could turn out to be the best of the bunch. 

I’ve warmed up to the Mayfield pick 

They didn’t think he’d be there at 4, so didn’t get too cute and took “their guy”. 

Ward is good ... I just somewhat devalue CBs because i feel the best way to slow an offense is pressure / stuffing the run (Chubb).

21 hours ago, South Carolina said:

I know, but how?? It was impossible to F up and they did. They could have traded back twice and still got both. Absolutely amazing!! 

You cant just say that, nobody knows. Jets could have grabbed Mayfield at 3 and now what. If they think Mayfield is the man, then you take him. I’m not gonna sit here and pretend I know how any of these guys will play in the NFL, but you can’t just say they could have traded back and got the same guys. Who knows if a trade was even out there. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Barkley, Chubb, trading back into the first for Lamar Jackson > Mayfield / corner 

You do that and you waste Barkley and Chubb's career like they waste Joe Thomas because they still don't have an NFL QB. An inaccurate, low IQ QB is not going to last in the NFL.

14 minutes ago, GoBrowns said:

You cant just say that, nobody knows. Jets could have grabbed Mayfield at 3 and now what. If they think Mayfield is the man, then you take him. I’m not gonna sit here and pretend I know how any of these guys will play in the NFL, but you can’t just say they could have traded back and got the same guys. Who knows if a trade was even out there. 

Drafts are very unpredictable ,too your point Rosen fell to #10 not sure many people predicted that.

I'm beginning to think Dorsey is going out of his way to prove he can draft without Andy Reid in his ear and he is his own man.:huh:

I really liked Chubb at Georgia. Duke Johnson's role just got a lot more one dimensional than it used to be. 

I love seeing people doubt Baker. He might not be the most hyped on talent but work ethic, studying, no quit, chip on his shoulder and hes a leader. I think its a great pick. Browns draft IMO has been solid. I would have preferred Chubb at 4 but who knows. 

20 minutes ago, DLB4ever said:

I love seeing people doubt Baker. He might not be the most hyped on talent but work ethic, studying, no quit, chip on his shoulder and hes a leader. I think its a great pick. Browns draft IMO has been solid. I would have preferred Chubb at 4 but who knows. 

That emotional RaRa crap doesn't work in the NFL. He's too emotional to be an NFL QB. You've seen how his emotions got him in trouble in college. Grown men will eat him alive. 

12 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

That emotional RaRa crap doesn't work in the NFL. He's too emotional to be an NFL QB. You've seen how his emotions got him in trouble in college. Grown men will eat him alive. 

All those grown men sure do eat OBJ alive .. There's a lot of emotional players that have succeeded in the game. I think it's too early to write him off just yet ..  

3 minutes ago, kdko said:

All those grown men sure do eat OBJ alive .. There's a lot of emotional players that have succeeded in the game. I think it's too early to write him off just yet ..  

Completely different positions, not applicable

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Completely different positions, not applicable

Okay, i'll play along. Brady isn't emotional?  Rivers?  Cousins?  C'mon.. There are plenty of successful, emotional QB's.  I understand the childish antics angle, but didn't Manning moon his college team doctor?  Didn't seem to hinder his transition.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kdko said:

Okay, i'll play along. Brady isn't emotional?  Rivers?  Cousins?  C'mon.. There are plenty of successful, emotional QB's.  I understand the childish antics angle, but didn't Manning moon his college team doctor?  Didn't seem to hinder his transition.

Okay, let me rephrased that. He's very immature, spoiled, has had run ins with the law and has an out of control ego. Much like their last disaster Johnny Manziel. It's legitimate cause for concern. Do you not agree? 

Just now, South Carolina said:

Okay, let me rephrased that. He's very immature, spoiled, has had run ins with the law and has an out of control ego. Much like their last disaster Johnny Manziel. It's legitimate cause for concern. Do you not agree? 

I agree, I get the skepticism, but people are already crucifying the kid.  Despite those factors though, he seems to command a lot of respect from his teammates, and doesn't seem to be a me-first guy.  I'm taking the wait-and-see approach, i really hope he's not a Manziel, I think he has far more potential

1 minute ago, kdko said:

I agree, I get the skepticism, but people are already crucifying the kid.  Despite those factors though, he seems to command a lot of respect from his teammates, and doesn't seem to be a me-first guy.  I'm taking the wait-and-see approach, i really hope he's not a Manziel, I think he has far more potential

In college his teammates may respect him, they are kids. In an NFL locker room he's a punk if he pulls that crap. There's no doubt he can play but there are enough red flags on Manziel to be cautious. So many red flags that he should not have been #1. And it's sad but true that If he was a black QB he would have dropped like a stone and probably fell to day 3 with those issues.

16 hours ago, beotos said:

Isn't it universally known that football is a game won in the trenches? I also don't mind the QB selection. Height means nothing if the guy works his a$$ off.

If it was universally known Nelson and Chubb (imo the best 2 players in the draft) wouldnt have fell to 5 and 6. I actually like the Mayfield pick because I think he will be the best QB but the Ward pick is a really head scratcher.

So with the first pick they take a QB that more closely resembles the disaster they drafted a few years ago than anyone ever. They proceed to pass on a guy in arguably the second most important position and one that was a flat out stud for the second best corner in the draft and then in the second round proceed to draft a running back when they have a ton of other needs and when they already picked up a very good running back.

Cleveland

"Making every other organization feel less s---y about themselves"

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

So with the first pick they take a QB that more closely resembles the disaster they drafted a few years ago than anyone ever. They proceed to pass on a guy in arguably the second most important position and one that was a flat out stud for the second best corner in the draft and then in the second round proceed to draft a running back when they have a ton of other needs and when they already picked up a very good running back.

Cleveland

"Making every other organization feel less s---y about themselves"

You hit on it. It amazes me that they screwed this up so bad. It was scripted out so perfectly. Just follow the script and you get the best QB and Defensive player in the draft. But nope, that's too easy.

Totally forgot to post this days ago but now it's even more appropriate  and can be applied  to 'training for the season' :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Totally forgot to post this days ago but now it's even more appropriate  and can be applied  to 'training for the season' :D

Hehe, that's awesome.