Rotoworld.com Forums

Dez Bryant 2018 Outlook

theSPANKER

On 4/20/2018 at 1:14 PM, kdko said:

Why do I have this feeling he'll go to the Bills?  They need a true veteran WR for whatever QB they decide to develop this season.  Otherwise, their most senior WR is Benjamin.  They spent a 2nd rounder on Zay last year, so I don't think they spend capital early on one in the draft.

Dez can't get open deep any more.  He's got to either transition into later-career Brandon Marshall or retire.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:57 AM, GawainBloom said:

Dez can't get open deep any more.  He's got to either transition into later-career Brandon Marshall or retire.

Boldin had quite a long and productive career despite not being able to generate separation about halfway through it. Dez can still be a good receiver with a good QB.

17 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Ah, man.  Dez turned down a multi-year offer from Baltimore, according to reports.  He would have made a good Raven.

We don't know the details, but I'm guessing the Ravens offered it at a low yearly salary. Dez will play it out on a 1 year contract hoping to parlay that into a big multi-year one next offseason. Worked out well for Alshon. Was a disaster for Pryror.

1 hour ago, devaster said:

Boldin had quite a long and productive career despite not being able to generate separation about halfway through it. Dez can still be a good receiver with a good QB.

3 years $21 million...not too bad.

If Dez thinks he can prove himself in a year then he surely must think he can earn a lot of money from incentives.

Something like 5M with the ability to more than double it based on games, yards, TDs, and how well the team does would work well for both parties. 

I personally would be very happy if he landed in Seattle on a deal like that. They need someone that can go up and get it. He would do well anywhere though. His expectations were too high in Dallas and he had a bum at QB.

some team expecting to get WR in the draft will get shut out, the things just wont fall into place in terms of how they have guys ranked, etc.  Weve all been there in drafts where you just seem to miss guys, dont want to reach for others...it will probably happen to a couple of teams needing WR.  I still think SF is a good fit.  

Dez is going to want to go to a team where he is the Alpha.  And he's going to want a bunch of incentives.  How about Miami?

23 hours ago, devaster said:

Dez doesn't have the hands or route running as Boldin did IMO or am I missing something... Granted I think Dez can still be productive with a good QB, Dak is relatively mediocre.

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Dez is going to want to go to a team where he is the Alpha.  And he's going to want a bunch of incentives.  How about Miami?

I could see Miami for sure. Your right about him being the Alpha receiver. He needs that. I don't think he could work along side a Larry Fitzgerald type veteran. They'd kill each other.

7 hours ago, AtomShifter said:

Dez to SF if they dont get a top end WR. Garcon, Goodwin? Yeah, they need a Dez. 

Would never happen.  Shanahan covets route runners only.  Also, he is far more comfortable with his current stable of receivers (which includes Juice and McKinnon) than the sports public realizes.

• 2 weeks later...

Seattle bringing in Marshall for a visit. Cheaper move, but maybe they don't like what they see and think about bringing in Dez....don't really see the fit for either player, but if they're willing to bring in Brandon Marshall, why not Dez...?

Maybe Cowboys end up re-signing him or he retires, lol. Would still be interesting seeing how good Dez would be with Rodgers.

12 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

Seattle bringing in Marshall for a visit. Cheaper move, but maybe they don't like what they see and think about bringing in Dez....don't really see the fit for either player, but if they're willing to bring in Brandon Marshall, why not Dez...?

Maybe Cowboys end up re-signing him or he retires, lol. Would still be interesting seeing how good Dez would be with Rodgers.

Seattle has clearly demonstrated that they want to get rid of the cancer in the locker room. Granted, Marshall hasn't been a very good case of someone who is model personality but later in his career he seemed to be more grounded. They just may not want another guy that is a huge distraction.

Also, I don't think he retires. It may just be another case like AP where he is out of touch with reality thinking he still deserves to be paid like a super star.

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Seattle has clearly demonstrated that they want to get rid of the cancer in the locker room. Granted, Marshall hasn't been a very good case of someone who is model personality but later in his career he seemed to be more grounded. They just may not want another guy that is a huge distraction.

Also, I don't think he retires. It may just be another case like AP where he is out of touch with reality thinking he still deserves to be paid like a super star.

I don't know, many players have vouched for Dez Bryant. Maybe they're just being friends and covering for their boy, but Dez has really been limited to a few sideline tantrums. Don't think he's really a cancer, but he can be a little bit of a distraction. Wilson is a much better QB than Dak and can get Dez the ball.

Dez's asking price too high.

Once the camps open and the season starts getting close, Dez is going to realize his next big payday is not coming this year.

Dez will have to lower is salary demand, or he won't play in 2018.  If Dez does not play in 2018, he probable won't play another NFL snap.

I love Dez as a player.  Warrior.  Scores a lot of touchdowns.  But his market is not developing like he thought it would.

If pay is his big issue, the time is now to take whatever he can get to get in a productive situation to produce the pay next year.     

Is SF a consideration by anyone?   They haven't added anything WR wise that I know of, and threw the ball a ton last year.  There are worse ideas I guess

I think it has less to do with money and more to do with location and qb. Hes already stated publicly that he wants a 1 year prove it deal. Thats what turned him off of the ravens deal. Best way to do that is to team up with a good qb on a good offense, especially with his posession type of play.

Will one of those teams come calling? Maybe a team like the niners, or the colts with luck, i even thought dez to Carolina might have worked out well. But in reality -  none may call, and he may have to settle for a worse situation. I think he holding out hope tho.

Cowboys did him wrong releasing him when they did, teams already targetted wrs in FA or had their minds on the draft. I think we could see things ramp up in the coming days.

7 minutes ago, vikingapocalypse said:

I think it has less to do with money and more to do with location and qb. Hes already stated publicly that he wants a 1 year prove it deal. Thats what turned him off of the ravens deal. Best way to do that is to team up with a good qb on a good offense, especially with his posession type of play.

Will one of those teams come calling? Maybe a team like the niners, or the colts with luck, i even thought dez to Carolina might have worked out well. But in reality -  none may call, and he may have to settle for a worse situation. I think he holding out hope tho.

Cowboys did him wrong releasing him when they did, teams already targetted wrs in FA or had their minds on the draft. I think we could see things ramp up in the coming days.

And if all else fails the new madden comes out late august.  He can play for the giants in his own little world. :D

6 hours ago, vikingapocalypse said:

Another thing that's likely hurting Dez's market...

...Dallas spent a lot of money per year hiring handlers for him to make sure he stayed out of trouble off the field.   Not sure you want to deal with that of you're looking at bringing him in with his recent decline. 

If I was his agent i would have told him to take the Baltimore deal.   Ozzie and company have done a nice job rehabilitating older vet wrs like Boldin and SSS.  

• tonycpsu changed the title to Dez Bryant 2018 Outlook
  • dzemens locked this topic
  • dzemens unlocked this topic

Archived