theSPANKER

Dez Bryant 2018 Outlook

11 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Cleveland QB's looking fantastic and Antonio Callaway looking like hot garbage. This is going to happen.

Yea, i'm actually starting to think this might be a great landing spot for him. Brown QB combo actually looks sneaky good.

42 minutes ago, CooL said:

Is RW invested in the Browns? Why do all the blurbs say clearly they aren’t offering Dez enough money? Do they know that? Can’t it just be that Dez doesn’t want to play for the lowly Browns?

yea it's hilarious how randomly biased the rotoworld blurbs are at time. This is multiple time they've alluded to Dez's lack of signing being about the money when there is absolutely zero evidence of it.

2 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

Yea, i'm actually starting to think this might be a great landing spot for him. Brown QB combo actually looks sneaky good.

I can't believe he won't do a visit with the Patriots as well though...if he's been holding out until he's right like he says. And given that option, ya, I'm sure he'd go there

We already know Dez is a head case, but he's coming off even more like a weirdo. He's obviously stalling in hopes of a better opportunity, but it comes off funny. 

• Like 1

I will actually be pissed if he signs with Cleveland. Sign with the bills or some irrelevant team that doesn’t have josh goaton 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

I will actually be pissed if he signs with Cleveland. Sign with the bills or some irrelevant team that doesn’t have josh goaton 

Ditto this. 

8 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Exactly.  This is a young team.  They are trying to build something.  The last thing they need is a malcontent D-bag, who thinks he's a lot better than he really is.  

13 hours ago, tpat30 said:

We already know Dez is a head case, but he's coming off even more like a weirdo. He's obviously stalling in hopes of a better opportunity, but it comes off funny. 

He is the guy who doesn't have a date the night before prom, and keeps turning down the girl who is interested in him.  Instead, he keeps thinking the head cheerleader is going to break up and pick him at the last minute.

Preseason games are being played and this guy thinks he can just waltz in and pick up the playbook AND be productive for his next contract at the last minute?  :rolleyes:

• Like 5

saw a few back shoulder throws yesterday from the brown which is dez's forte, this can be a great landing spot but don't know about the targets he'll get.

Dak was never able to throw those which is why they never had that chemistry. 

2 hours ago, Sternes said:

He is the guy who doesn't have a date the night before prom, and keeps turning down the girl who is interested in him.  Instead, he keeps thinking the head cheerleader is going to break up and pick him at the last minute.

Preseason games are being played and this guy thinks he can just waltz in and pick up the playbook AND be productive for his next contract at the last minute?  :rolleyes:

Good point. Not to mention it took him seasons to grasp the Cowboys playbook. 

3 hours ago, Sternes said:

I like this analogy. I'm going to try and apply it to my life as often as possible. 

4 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

He F'd up. Now he's relegated to a "prove it" deal with The Browns. Does it get much worse than that?

Image result for dez bryant funny gif

On 8/10/2018 at 12:51 AM, Panthers8912 said:

Yeah Dorsey signing Dez may sell alot of jerseys and build up the browns brand with media coverage but in light of the recent Calloway  controversey it may not be wise to sign Dez; this team has enough distractions with Josh+calloway, Hue in the hot seat and a potential QB controversey on the horizon

• Like 1

I hope they sign to a $0 non-guaranteed deal then cut him at the end of preseason.  Dude is going to "meet" next week?  Does he need a calendar?  The season starts in 25 days, 13 hours, 29 mins, and 44 seconds! :lol:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Yeah Dorsey signing Dez may sell alot of jerseys and build up the browns brand with media coverage but in light of the recent Calloway  controversey it may not be wise to sign Dez; this team has enough distractions with Josh+calloway, Hue in the hot seat and a potential QB controversey on the horizon

Plus the BS known as Hard Knocks. 

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Plus the BS known as Hard Knocks. 

Dez signing would definitely boost Hard Knocks ratings. He is a perfect storyline fro the producers

Greg Little will be playing in preseason while Dez Bryant sits on his couch.  GREG LITTLE!

11 hours ago, Sternes said:

I hope they sign to a $0 non-guaranteed deal then cut him at the end of preseason.  Dude is going to "meet" next week?  Does he need a calendar?  The season starts in 25 days, 13 hours, 29 mins, and 44 seconds! :lol:

I'd bet that Dez just doesn't want to do a lot of preseason work and wants to wait for the best opportunity to present itself. 

The Browns aren't exactly an opportunity that many established players would leap at when they can slowly crawl to it while still looking at the other things out there before they begrudgingly sign. 

Free agent Dez Bryant will visit the Browns on Thursday.

After some volleying through the media, the sides are finally taking their long-awaited meeting. For his part, Bryant said he "wants to be right" before choosing a new home. The time is apparently now. With Josh Gordon's situation still uncertain, the Browns need a body at receiver.
Aug 14 - 2:29 PM

I don't think Dez would be happy being labeled "a body at receiver." Something tells me that he might be taking the visit to drum up some other interest in his services.

That could also be the Gordon lover in me hoping he doesn't sign here, which I would take as a bad sign for Gordon real life and fantasy.

Nobody else is interested. He’ll just have to swallow that ego and suck it up since he pissed away that Baltimore deal

This guy just isn't that good anymore.  The quicker he realizes it, the better it is

“We need to change the culture around here. I think we should repeatedly bend over backwards for Josh Gordon, draft Calloway, and publically plead for Dez Bryant to return our phone calls.”

- Why Cleveland is Cleveland 

• Like 2