theSPANKER

Dez Bryant 2018 Outlook

14 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

“We need to change the culture around here. I think we should repeatedly bend over backwards for Josh Gordon, draft Calloway, and publically plead for Dez Bryant to return our phone calls.”

- Why Cleveland is Cleveland 

The league office has been the one bending over for Josh Gordon since the supplementary draft. He is only in the league because Goddell wants him in the league. The Haslams obviously has been supporting him too because addiction is a national crisis that seems to affect every family better to err on the side of compassion than be a hard a** about his addiction issues.

You can't watch Chris Carter speak for 5min without him mentioning his former addiction issues on air. The times have changed about the topic and the reactions to it.

Calloway is a head scratcher but seems like a pure bet on talent over pragmatism and Dez would be a mistake

I still can't understand why the Browns would want a player who clearly doesn't want to be there. It screams of a typical Browns move to me. That is a joke of a franchise.

2 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

I still can't understand why the Browns would want a player who clearly doesn't want to be there. It screams of a typical Browns move to me. That is a joke of a franchise.

Theyre dangerously thin at WR relying on a guy who is not mentally dependable 

Yup, he's a locker room cancer. Why would they want him in that young locker room? It's counter productive. 

1 minute ago, South Carolina said:

Yup, he's a locker room cancer. Why would they want him in that young locker room? It's counter productive. 

Implying he could make it any worse than it already is

Edited by lolcopter
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

Because they have guys like Hue Jackson/Haley/Williams who are all in win-now mode. They should have cleaned house, brought in a new, young regime to mold a team around Baker. Instead, they are a building a team to win around Tyrod. It's a very brownsy move. 

Selling jerseys, tickets, extra media coverage i get why you would sign Dez. What i don't get is how Dez can help you win games when You don't have a QB who fits his skillset.  Tyrod is not a great match for Dez.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Carlos Correa said:

I think Dez is going to be a Brown. This just surfaced.

Dku6A3vWsAEYKtm.jpg

Dude, that picture is from him arriving in Cleveland and signing a helmet someone handed to him. Obviously there is a good chance he signs with the Browns but let's not create narratives based on a picture. There is already enough problems with fake news in this country as it is.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lolcopter said:

Theyre dangerously thin at WR relying on a guy who is not mentally dependable 

They signed Dez already?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AJJones said:

They signed Dez already?

Touché salesman, touché 

Edited by lolcopter
  • Haha 1

There’s no debating. This guy is a nutcase and a cancer to the locker room. But I don’t think he has lost his skill. I think he just needs a very specific type of QB, and when Romo went down, he was completely exposed. I think he can still make contested catches and be a physical TD monster. Unfortunately I don’t think Tyrod is the QB he needs to look like the Dez of old. Mayfield just might be though. 

I love this manufactured "Dez is a locker room cancer" narrative. I live in Dallas and have been a die-hard Cowboys fan since I was 8 years old, so needless to say I follow the team closely. Dez had been known as one of the passionate leader of the team (think Michael Irvin) who is beloved by his teammates until last season. The video camera caught him yelling on the sidelines last season and now people are acting like he is Terrell Owens. Furthermore, if you watched 'All or Nothing' on Amazon you would know that he actually was yelling that the defense was in Cover 1 again which means you should always look for the receiver over the top (which he is right about). It's fascinating how outsiders that haven't followed the team for years act as though Dez has been a TO level cancer his entire career. It's just patently false.

• Like 3

I think he is just polarizing and no one is willing to put up with that kind of volatility when you are not producing. (it does not matter why)

2 hours ago, South Carolina said:

1-31

If he signs with the Browns, it just shows how desperate he is.  He wants a "prove-it" deal and goes to one of the worst teams in the NFL (maybe second or third due to the Bills).  Maybe it would've made more sense if he went there prior to Landry signing because he would've soaked up all the targets but... now?  Just shows that he will settle for whoever pays him the most right now and cash in while he can...

1 hour ago, AJJones said:

They signed Dez already?

Signed, suspended, and released.

• Like 1

Is he going to take another week to decide to sign?  Guy took a week to have a "meeting".  It is painfully obvious he is being dragged there either by his agent or simply because he has to with nobody else calling him.  Dorsey calling him out that he wasn't answering his calls, and was countered by Dez waiting a week to meet.  Really shows who is in charge in this situation.

I find it interesting that Dez is being labeled a 'chitty team mate' but the guy who bailed on his team, and the reason for the Dez desperation signing, is given a full pass and benefit of doubt while enjoying his paid summer vacation. Just an observation.

• Like 1

Just now, The Invictus said:

I find it interesting that Dez is being labeled a 'chitty team mate' but the guy who bailed on his team, and the reason for the Dez desperation signing, is given a full pass and benefit of doubt while enjoying his paid summer vacation. Just an observation.

Leave Josh alone ya big meanie! 

-99% of rotoworld 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

stop spouting  false conclusions. browns signing Dez = Ricardo louis season ending injury+Coleman traded+ calloway potential suspension

They need depth at wr. if they were worried about Josh they would have kept Coleman

Edited by dashoe

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

stop spouting  false conclusions. browns signing Dez = Ricardo louis season ending injury+Coleman traded+ calloway potential suspension

They need depth at wr. if they were worried about Josh they would have kept Coleman

What's false? You know for a fact it has nothing to do with MIA? 

What were all those projections again??

th (1).jpg