theSPANKER

Dez Bryant 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

What's false? You know for a fact it has nothing to do with MIA? 

What were all those projections again??

th (1).jpg

yup I sure do know for a fact

6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

yup I sure do know for a fact

You  didn't answer the question..what were the projections again you were so joyful in posting?

15 hours ago, The Invictus said:

You  didn't answer the question..what were the projections again you were so joyful in posting?

The projections are a lot and not enough.

Edited by dashoe

Still not offereing Dez enough money?  Or is he just stalling because he does not want to be sweating in the hot sun?

Meh.  I don't think signing Dez makes a ton of football sense for the Browns, and probably ruins the whole WR group fantasy-wise.  Whatever.

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Still not offereing Dez enough money?  Or is he just stalling because he does not want to be sweating in the hot sun?

Because he's lazy as F and doesn't want to put in the work.

Even during his best years, ever pay attention to him from the huddle to the line of scrimmage?

Romo would be barking at him the whole way, like Mickey in Rocky II.

He appeared to have no idea what to do from play to play without Romo spelling it out for him.

I bet his decline is more about that than physical.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Even during his best years, ever pay attention to him from the huddle to the line of scrimmage?

He appeared to have no idea what to do from play to play without Romo spelling it out for him.

This is true, and the reason he was having such a hard time as a rookie and wasn't until mid 2nd season he showed signs of production. But they say the best ability is availability and he's that, and that's what they need.

22 minutes ago, Proteus said:

If he wasn't mentally imbalanced he could have been one of the best wrs of all time. Now that he's a little older and just as crazy the only team willing to give him a chance is the same team that thinks hue Jackson deserves a 3rd season as head coach.

• Haha 2

He's probably got a little left but how much? He can't run, he's a drop machine, lazy and an idiot. Where is the value? He's a WR3 at this point.

3 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

He's probably got a little left but how much? He can't run, he's a drop machine, lazy and an idiot. Where is the value? He's a WR3 at this point.

Since they only have a WR 1 in camp, that's a pretty good prospect.

5 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

Since they only have a WR 1 in camp, that's a pretty good prospect.

But who needs the baggage? Especially in a young locker room.

10 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

But who needs the baggage? Especially in a young locker room.

Hue Jackson is hanging by a thread, 1 - 31 doesn't scream job security and if there isn't a significant upswing, he should be gone. They also have money, I can't really fault them at this point for probably signing him. Desperate teams do desperate things.

2 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

Hue Jackson is hanging by a thread, 1 - 31 doesn't scream job security and if there isn't a significant upswing, he should be gone. They also have money, I can't really fault them at this point for probably signing him. Desperate teams do desperate things.

I get the signing but I don't. Desperation is an understatement.

1 hour ago, tdfxman said:

Only team?  Bal offered 3 years, he turned it down.

Dumbest career move ever, right next to Pryor turning down a 3yr contract with the browns to take a 1 yr prove it contract with the redskins

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dashoe said:

Dumbest career move ever, right next to Pryor turning down a 3yr contract with the browns to take a 1 yr prove it contract with the redskins

Yup, he screwed this up royally. He thought there would be a line of teams at his door wanting to sign him. 

Where does he fit on that team if Gordon is coming back?  His best bet is to get his butt into great shape (he is only 29) and see if there is an injury and try to take that spot, but need to be ready to roll 

When a team is trying to sign a high profile wr, doesnt the starting QB talk to the guy and try to meet him to demonstrate how much they want him on the team?

"Tyrod stop by the office at 2pm to say high to Dez while he is at the facility"

Exchanging some texts doesnt seem to fall into that category.

Edited by dashoe

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

When a team is trying to sign a high profile wr, doesnt the starting QB talk to the guy and try to meet him to demonstrate how much they want him on the team?

"Tyrod stop by the office at 2pm to say high to Dez while he is at the facility"

Exchanging some texts doesnt seem to fall into that category.

This whole Dez thing is strange. 

Let me throw my two cents in:

Dez is turning into another Terrell Owens circus.  Frankly, he should get over himself and get himself on the field before he completely destroys any value he might have had as a good receiver.  Thought it would be exciting to see him playing with Gordon and Landry with Mayfield as their future stud QB and a pretty solid O-line and nice running game.  If it's not Cleveland, then who??  I can see Seattle being a possibility with Baldwin sounding questionable with a knee and no WR depth.  I hate to say it, but Dez could find Seattle being a nice landing spot playing with Russell Wilson.  Only time will tell I guess.