theSPANKER

Dez Bryant 2018 Outlook

I don't get it, The Browns fly Dez in for a meeting with the senior staff and execs but at no point do they have the starting QB or the highest paid vet wr on the team pop into the meeting to say hello and shake hands and say hope you can work with us?

What type of recruitment is that?

Just now, dashoe said:

I don't get it, The Browns fly Dez in for a meeting with the senior staff and execs but at no point do they have the starting QB or the highest paid vet wr on the team pop into the meeting to say hello and shake hands and say hope you can work with us?

A professional one? This isn’t college

8 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Who says the team was recruiting?  Agents get their guys in the door all the time...

Dez probably wants favored status; money, guaranteed targets, being called the #2 WR, hookers in the hotel room, etc...

John Dorsey probably scratched his head, and said “Dez you need to earn the right to be on the field.  We have a WR competition here.”

Dez needs someone more desperate than the Browns...

Just now, seanismorris said:

Dez needs someone more desperate than the Browns...

good luck

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

A professional one? This isn’t college

You hear plenty of times when guys are being recruited in FA and team leaders reach out to the FA via phone call face to face etc. it's very professional. All organizations do it for someone they really want.

Just now, dashoe said:

You hear plenty of times when guys are being recruited in FA and team leaders reach out to the FA via phone call face to face etc. it's very professional. All organizations do it for someone they really want.

The browns aren’t the desperate party in this scenario, Dez is. He just may not realize it yet

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

The browns aren’t the desperate party in this scenario, Dez is. He just may not realize it yet

I agree. He looks like a fool. I think he still has some football left in the tank, but not for Cleveland. That seems to be the worst possible landing spot for him. He went to a legit competitor with a veteran locker room I think he'd be good..

2 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

I agree. He looks like a fool. I think he still has some football left in the tank, but not for Cleveland. That seems to be the worst possible landing spot for him. He went to a legit competitor with a veteran locker room I think he'd be good..

Seattle needs depth, but they also need Dez like a hole in the head.  I agree it’s going to take an injury, or a Bills team team that says “Hell with it.  Let’s go down in flames!”.

8 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

Seattle needs depth, but they also need Dez like a hole in the head.  I agree it’s going to take an injury, or a Bills team team that says “Hell with it.  Let’s go down in flames!”.

Dez and Brandon Marshall?  Now, that's a  reality show, I'd definitely watch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

A sham recruitment, principally designed to light a fire under Josh Gordon?  If so, it might just have worked.

41 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

A sham recruitment, principally designed to light a fire under Josh Gordon?  If so, it might just have worked.

As in they were using pressure tactics to try and get a player, away from the team with anxiety issues, to return sooner?  That's like hitting Guice in the knee with a baseball bat to try and speed up his recovery time.

17 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

As in they were using pressure tactics to try and get a player, away from the team with anxiety issues, to return sooner?  That's like hitting Guice in the knee with a baseball bat to try and speed up his recovery time.

Well, it's the Browns.  I did not say it was an advisable approach to take...

I love Landry's team-first mentality.  Such a contrast to his fellow LSU'er OBJ.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Old, slow, stupid, lazy

Again, there's nothing from last year that proves that if you watch the game footage.  I won't argue the other 2 things you wrote, lol

2 minutes ago, kdko said:

Again, there's nothing from last year that proves that if you watch the game footage.  I won't argue the other 2 things you wrote, lol

Hes def slow.  Teams stop doubling Dez last year because he couldn’t beat anyone 1-1 anymore. I thought it was common knowledge Dez is slow as ishh now. 

• Like 1

Just now, chud12 said:

Hes def slow.  Teams stop doubling Dez last year because he couldn’t beat anyone 1-1 anymore. I thought it was common knowledge Dez is slow as ishh now. 

Got a video to prove that?  If you watch the aforementioned video he was crushing Pat Pete and Janoris Jenkins out there

6 minutes ago, kdko said:

Got a video to prove that?  If you watch the aforementioned video he was crushing Pat Pete and Janoris Jenkins out there

Lol no need. I think your literally the only one I’ve seen or heard not reference Dez being slow and him just eroding at the seems these last few years. Heck every analysis on TV has said the same damn thing I am.  Like I said no need for video footage I just thought it was common knowledge now.  Next thing you’ll say is AP has huge burst which showed on tape last year as well. ??

Edited by chud12

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

Lol no need. I think your literally the only one I’ve seen or heard not reference Dez being slow and him just eroding at the seems these last few years. Heck every analysis on TV has said the same damn thing I am.  Like I said no need for video footage I just thought it was common knowledge now. 

That is the lamest line of reasoning i've ever heard.  It's such common knowledge that you can't dig up proof.  There's plenty of people that have spoken the contrary.  You know, the people who have actually watched the game footage instead of the stat logs.  The 'every analysis on TV' line was good for a laugh though, lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kdko said:

That is the lamest line of reasoning i've ever heard.  It's such common knowledge that you can't dig up proof.  There's plenty of people that have spoken the contrary.  You know, the people who have actually watched the game footage instead of the stat logs.  The 'every analysis on TV' line was good for a laugh though, lol

Bro I don’t care enough to dig up proof, that’s really all it is. Hey u say Dez isn’t slow, okay than.  

21 minutes ago, kdko said:

I love Landry's team-first mentality.  Such a contrast to his fellow LSU'er OBJ.

landry got a huge contract for a slot wr so it's easy to be team first when you are locked in. OBJ may be team a mature team leader when he gets his big contract too.

20 minutes ago, chud12 said:

For the record Dez was never a fast twitch guy who could burn defenses with his first step, he was considered slow for a wr specifically because his speed builds up instead of having burst.

Edited by dashoe

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

For the record Dez was never a fast twitch guy who could burn defenses with his first step, he was considered slow specifically because his speed builds up instead of having burst.

I agree. Dez’s other skills always separated him and now we’ll like I said they eroded. His burst is even gone now, there is a reason why teams weren’t lining up to sign him. His skills don’t outweigh the headache he can be anymore. 

I believe this is the video Dez defenders cite when others remark that Dez is washed up. He looked like a quality receiver to me in this video. Has he lost a step? Sure, but he's better than most WR2s in the league and can still be a valuable fantasy commodity with the right fit.

The guy went 132/69/6 just last year and if that catch rate was closer to his average rather than basically at his all-time low (52.3% v. 64.7% in his last full season with Romo in 2014) we're looking at a much different season. I don't think the guy has fallen off nearly as much as some here and his value is such that he's worth rostering as an end of bench flier to see if he gets picked up. You have to think any team who signs him--and there's no way he goes unsigned all season--will know what they are getting themselves into. Dez will have certain expectations as well and isn't likely to sign with a team who won't use him.

The risk is there but give me Dez over most of the rookie WR's or other guys who are unproven.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Anyone think back in April that AP would be signed before Dez?

Not for a second!