theSPANKER

Dez Bryant 2018 Outlook

You said thielen had an adp of 109 last year, so late tenth round? That’s not a late round to you? But whatever, I would much rather draft wrs late than rbs. About 1 late round rb works out every season where as multiple WRs do. 

12 hours ago, confusedmrkrabs said:

Thanks for your 2 examples...lol...and Thielen was a mid-rounder at an ADP of 109 anyway so...no...most of them don't pan out...go look at some statistics before posting your falsities...

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/fantasy-football-studying-the-positional-draft-value-of-wrs/

Dez is like a 14th rounder...so no...he has upside that isn't matched by the likes of Mohamed Sanu...let me know how Jordan Matthews worked out for you last year...and John Brown...and Rishard Matthews...and Corey Davis...and Ted Ginn...

Accidentally didn’t quote you on my first response so scroll up for that. 

Did you read the link you posted? Roughly 25% of WRs drafted in rounds 9-11 finish 10-35th with another 3% in the top 10. That’s fantastic. Not sure what else you would want out of a pick that late. I don’t have the data for Rbs but I would venture that the hit rate is a lot lower for rbs drafted late

• Like 1

I'm just going to call it like I see it. The Hards Knocks segment was bizarre, it didnt make sense, it literally seemed like it was created specifically for the hard knocks camera

1 hour ago, Panthers8912 said:

Accidentally didn’t quote you on my first response so scroll up for that. 

Did you read the link you posted? Roughly 25% of WRs drafted in rounds 9-11 finish 10-35th with another 3% in the top 10. That’s fantastic. Not sure what else you would want out of a pick that late. I don’t have the data for Rbs but I would venture that the hit rate is a lot lower for rbs drafted late

It isn't... again... read... the analysis is of every position... you can easily see it for the others... it breaks it down for WR relative to RB ON THE WR PAGE I LINKED... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Panthers8912 said:

You said thielen had an adp of 109 last year, so late tenth round? That’s not a late round to you? But whatever, I would much rather draft wrs late than rbs. About 1 late round rb works out every season where as multiple WRs do. 

That is the first pick of the 10th, and no, in drafts with 15-16 rounds that is a mid-round pick... regardless it's nowhere near a 14th round pick and is an irrelevant talking point... 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, confusedmrkrabs said:

It isn't... again... read... the analysis is of every position... you can easily see it for the others... it breaks it down for WR relative to RB ON THE WR PAGE I LINKED... 

Yes and their conclusion was that wrs in the first 2 rounds are safer than rbs but that the aren’t as lucrative. Didn’t see the rb data on that page

31 minutes ago, confusedmrkrabs said:

That is the first pick of the 10th, and no, in drafts with 15-16 rounds that is a mid-round pick... regardless it's nowhere near a 14th round pick and is an irrelevant talking point... 

Again this is really just splitting hairs at this point, but rounds 9,10, 11 whatever, isn’t a mid round pick to me. If you’re reliably picking rbs there though go ahead 

Oooh now I see the problem. You’re picking the wrong guys. Pick people like mike Williams this year instead of Ryan grant and maybe you’ll have more success with the late round wrs. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, frog34 said:

Best case for Dez seems to be waiting for the inevitable WR injury this week, or in the first couple weeks of reg season. Be it to an outright WR1 or at least clear-cut WR2. If he gets a QB who can throw a decent back shoulder fade, that's his bread and butter, no matter if he learns the playbook quickly or not.

Didn't really like Dez in recent years fantasy-wise. But when others pick kickers, I gonna pick Dez!

I wouldnt bother wasting a pick on this bum. He's going to regret turning down the Ravens offer or asking Cleveland for too much money. He's no different than AP last year, who cant accept a reduced role and still think he's the same superstar he once was.

Oh no. Could he go to the Pats?

they released Kenny Britt today. Seems to me they need a body.

they either sign dez or wait for the other teams to make their cuts. 

4 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Could happen. Would make the most sense to me.

7 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

It's purely speculation of course but if this were to happen I think Dez instantly shoots up on draft boards. Hogan always gets injured and 32 year old Edelman is coming back off of knee surgery. Would be a great opportunity for him and in my mind an ideal fit. 

We are 14 days out from the opener and he still isn't on a team.  What is there to discuss?

Dez is going to be with the rest of us, playing fantasy football.

Edited by Sternes
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sternes said:

We are 14 days out from the opener and he still isn't on a team.  What is there to discuss?

but he's a big name! dez is garbage, done, not worth the trouble ... the end. 

Just now, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

but he's a big name! dez is garbage, done, not worth the trouble ... the end. 

That could be, but I think that is premature. I do know that he has squandered what seems to be every opportunity to get ON a roster this season.  Even with the Browns it felt like a tour and not a serious, "lets get this done!" type deal.  He certainly could be on a roster either proving us wrong, or proving other people right, instead he seems to think he is the hottest item on the market and suddenly everyone will be calling him.

This of course conflicts with his one year prove it deal mentality, where he is hungry to just put up numbers and get even more money next year.

29 minutes ago, Sternes said:

I’m not sure exactly how it works but if Dez is on a roster during preseason I believe the team is on the hook for him all year & if he’s picked up during reg season the team pays him per game. It’s possible he gets picked up as soon as te reg season opens. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dashoe said:

I'm just going to call it like I see it. The Hards Knocks segment was bizarre, it didnt make sense, it literally seemed like it was created specifically for the hard knocks camera

it probably was

Panthers on panthers violence?  That's just what the Saints would want.

Back to Dez, I think it is a good point about salary being guaranteed if he's on the roster week one.  A few yeara back, the Ravens had a similar drama with cutting and re-signing Justin Forsett after week one.

But I would think a team interested in Dez would want him on the practice field and learning the plays if that was the plan.

It also may be that Dez is willing to play for a nice contract, but he prefers to sit out if all it is going to be is minimal dollars.  Dez probably is not exactly hurting for money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

it probably was

That clip of Dez at the Browns facility was deeply strange.  I guess there was not enough realness for him?  Or not enough money.

37 minutes ago, ragrag said:

I’m not sure exactly how it works but if Dez is on a roster during preseason I believe the team is on the hook for him all year & if he’s picked up during reg season the team pays him per game. It’s possible he gets picked up as soon as te reg season opens. 

Teams will cut a player last day for roster cuts, restructure contract and the resign if they need too. it also helps them manage their pup/ir roster

5 hours ago, Evincar said:

I wouldnt bother wasting a pick on this bum. He's going to regret turning down the Ravens offer or asking Cleveland for too much money. He's no different than AP last year, who cant accept a reduced role and still think he's the same superstar he once was.

He didnt ask CLE for too much money he asked them for too much "realness" :lol:

Even if Dez did sign with New England, we have seen what happens when seemingly washed receivers go there. Ochocinco died there. Dez would do the same. No way he’d pick up the playbook and contribute in this short amount of time. BB knows this.

Patriots cut Britt today. I won't be surprised if I see him visiting here soon. Who better than Tom Brady to bring Dez Bryant's career back to life and make Dez look like a elite receiver.

1 hour ago, mdw5048 said:

Even if Dez did sign with New England, we have seen what happens when seemingly washed receivers go there. Ochocinco died there. Dez would do the same. No way he’d pick up the playbook and contribute in this short amount of time. BB knows this.

What about Randy Moss?

1 hour ago, mdw5048 said:

51 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Patriots cut Britt today. I won't be surprised if I see him visiting here soon. Who better than Tom Brady to bring Dez Bryant's career back to life and make Dez look like a elite receiver.

27 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

What about Randy Moss?

My question is less “will NE have the ability to turn Dez around” and more “will Dez let NE turn him around.” 

Im still firmly of the opinion Dez can contribute. And that’s exactly what he’ll be in New England: Contributor. Role player. Potentially situational/RZ player. Does he do that, handle it well, and deal will Bill well? I’m going to lean no. 

96mnc actually happened to make a coincidental comparison of Dez and Ocho just last night. Physically dominant receivers with dominant primes and quick declines. I don’t think Dez is a fit in NE like Moss was. I think he does fit like Ocho. 

This is a weird statement but like... say I got a video game that had a perfectly accurate Dez... yeah I’d want that player. But I really don’t know if I do if he’s being a handful tho or demanding the ball like he’s the goat.