theSPANKER

Dez Bryant 2018 Outlook

37 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

What about Randy Moss?

Dez has never been close to Randy Moss.  Randy was the greatest deep threat the league has ever seen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And now we learn that Cleveland offered Dez "less than $5 million."  How much less?  The report does not say.  Pretty safe bet that New England will not bring Dez in to their building, if Dez is looking for that kind of scratch.

I think it really is crazy for NE not to sign Dez. Their group of receivers might be as weak as Dallas' with Edelman suspended the first four games. Might be weaker. Would be funny to see Dallas re-sign Dez.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, devaster said:

I think it really is crazy for NE not to sign Dez. Their group of receivers might be as weak as Dallas' with Edelman suspended the first four games. Might be weaker. Would be funny to see Dallas re-sign Dez.

Dallas doesn't need Dez. He's been replaced. 

Lot of believers still out there... I called him out about 2/3 of the way through auction last night, thinking OK fill a spot for $1 - he ended up going for $10.  New England would of been interesting but my guess is they thought it would end more like Ochocinco than Randy Moss. 

2 hours ago, c_dilip said:

Dez to Jax ?

this is the last thing a young locker room on the verge of their first ever SB appearance (i'm callin' it here), under the watch of red arse Coughlin, is gonna do. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this is the last thing a young locker room on the verge of their first ever SB appearance (i'm callin' it here), under the watch of red arse Coughlin, is gonna do. 

I agree. I also think if the Jags thought WR was a problem area they wouldn't have let ARob walk in FA. I think they are content with their group of receivers, even with Lee's injury.

2 hours ago, c_dilip said:

Dez to Jax ?

19 minutes ago, ozark said:

Anyone see him going unsigned into the season?

Yes.  Therefore his contract won't be guaranteed for the season.  He won't be signed unless something strange or stupid happens....

• Like 1

This has been a strange offseason when it comes to signing players though. The safety market has been especially cold and a bunch of decent safeties are still unsigned. Nothing to do with politics and anthem stuff (besides Eric Reid). Dez's market has also been cold for the most part. Some CB's remain unsigned or just signed in the last week. A few players having big contracts nullified with bogus medical checks.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

This has been a strange offseason when it comes to signing players though. The safety market has been especially cold and a bunch of decent safeties are still unsigned. Nothing to do with politics and anthem stuff (besides Eric Reid). Dez's market has also been cold for the most part. Some CB's remain unsigned or just signed in the last week. A few players having big contracts nullified with bogus medical checks.

Couple Dez's attitude and contract demands, I am not surprised he is unsigned.

31 minutes ago, ozark said:

Anyone see him going unsigned into the season?

I'd be shocked if somebody didn't take a shot on him. He'd have to be willing to take a serious pay cut though and perhaps a major roll change. Who knows? He's done everything possible to screw himself so far. 

1 hour ago, South Carolina said:

It's unbelievable that NOBODY wants him. The word is out.

I think A LOT of teams would want him, but....they

* Want him at their price, not his (like a veteran minimum with incentives)

* Want him performing at role they envision, not someone who is a 2nd or 3rd WR yelling at QB's and OC's about getting the ball like a No.1

So I think there is a disconnect, I dont think he is saying "I would love to be your No.3WR for the vet minimum" and teams are saying "no thanks"  

• Like 2

Eagles will sign him once the season starts.  They need some help and Dez will like the chance to stick it to the 'Boys twice.  

13 minutes ago, cothane said:

Eagles will sign him once the season starts.  They need some help and Dez will like the chance to stick it to the 'Boys twice.  

That actually wouldn't shock me

Wouldn't surprise me to see Jax pick him up now that Lee is shelved for the year on IR.

27 minutes ago, cothane said:

13 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

That actually wouldn't shock me

it's called Super Bowl Hangover ... not the drunk tank :blink:

and that's another tight knit locker room ... you think cats like Wentz and Pederson (who lead weekly Bible study classes) are gonna want a character like Dez hangin' around their gig?

don't see it happening. 

5 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

He'd conform in that locker room, guaranteed. 

Especially if his contract isn’t guaranteed.  You can’t just walk into the Super Bowl Champs’ locker room and tell them how to do things.

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Especially if his contract isn’t guaranteed.  You can’t just walk into the Super Bowl Champs’ locker room and tell them how to do things.

Agree. He's won NOTHING. He has no moxie in that locker room whatsoever.