theSPANKER

Dez Bryant 2018 Outlook

12 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

He'd conform in that locker room, guaranteed. 

6 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Especially if his contract isn’t guaranteed.  You can’t just walk into the Super Bowl Champs’ locker room and tell them how to do things.

i think the only two locker rooms this dude would not rock the boat in are Seattle's and, of course, Hoodie/Brady.

all bets are off anywhere else, imo ... Dez gon' Dez. 

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i think the only two locker rooms this dude would not rock the boat in are Seattle's and, of course, Hoodie/Brady.

all bets are off anywhere else, imo ... Dez gon' Dez. 

Agree 100%. Hoodie would cut him in a second.

Do you guys think a possibility of Dez coming back to Dallas is an option if the cowboys find out there WR core isn’t working out or is that bridge burned already?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Watitdookie said:

Do you guys think a possibility of Dez coming back to Dallas is an option if the cowboys find out there WR core isn’t working out or is that bridge burned already?

I would've said yes before Dez decided to call out Garrett, Lee, and a few others...that bridge has burned. Dez won't be coming back.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Watitdookie said:

Not a chance.

I honestly think Dez is hoping to sign for $12 million.  Until he adjusts his expectations, football is done with him.

I hope he goes to the giants he can a one year deal for 5+ Mill and fill their need for an outside WR. He also would get to play Dallas twice this year. 

Edited by GOAT-dell Beckham

i do not think dez is a top 40 nfl wr anymore. He never had deep speed and he does not win the contested catches like he used to. Add in the lockerroom drama he creates when he does not get enough targets and he is a waste of a fantasy football roster spot. I rather own phillip dorsett cordelle patterson or torrey smith over him in a 16 or 18 team league. The only reason dez was even a top 30 wr last year was just he got enough targets and those targets were not efficient at all. He was a fool to turn down the offer from the ravens that Crabtree got (who is basically another version of dez but is smart enough to take the millions offered to him.)

looks like he may be in luck after all ...

A lot of people saying the Jaguars should sign WR Dez Bryant but their division foe might beat them to it. That’s right, the Colts and GM Chris Ballard are working with Bryant to set a meeting.

Image result for eating popcorn gif

15 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

A lot of people saying the Jaguars should sign WR Dez Bryant but their division foe might beat them to it. That’s right, the Colts and GM Chris Ballard are working with Bryant to set a meeting.

That could be a decent landing spot - definitely some targets for him and Luck could make the most of him imo.

expectations are tempered but I think he could be fantasy relevant.

Edited by CrastersCreep

23 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Can’t find a link about this that’s not days old? Halpppp

38 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

Can’t find a link about this that’s not days old? Halpppp

37 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

That's an old story, right?
https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/08/01/why-dez-bryant-doesnt-make-sense-colts/881326002/

Yeah, don't bother, the article is bovine manure - just saying, this Bryant/Colts connection has been made before.

latest link was from a couple/few days ago ... pardon if this falls under "FAKE NEWZ", but i hadn't noticed the Colts connection bandied about recently ... just a FWIW kinda stab - 

• Like 1

Contracts are non-guaranteed now right? I bet he signs in a matter of days 

2 hours ago, cyberer said:

Contracts are non-guaranteed now right? I bet he signs in a matter of days 

You’re thinking someone can sign him then cut him after kicking the tires...

But, everyone knows who Dez is, that’s why he’s not on anyone’s roster.

I can just see your scenario playing out, and there’s Dez on his couch (after getting cut) bashing the team on social media.

The Colts are rebuilding, Dez isn’t going to make them contenders... why bother.

The Jags on the other hand are contenders, but Tom Coughlin isn’t likely to subscribe to the Dez show.

On 9/1/2018 at 5:02 AM, Onyx said:

Not a chance.

Agree, he burned that bridge when he started taking personal shots at people like Sean Lee in that twitter rant over the summer.  

6 hours ago, herschel said:

odds he suits up somewhere this season?

I would imagine so. He's an idiot but there is a lot worse in the league.

If he does catch on somewhere, think Ocho Cinco with the Patriots. 

There's s reason he isn't signed yet; he's a headache & is not that good anymore. 

Prediction: Dez will be catching TD passes from Luck this year.

7 minutes ago, cousinal111 said:

If he does catch on somewhere, think Ocho Cinco with the Patriots. 

There's s reason he isn't signed yet; he's a headache & is not that good anymore. 

Yup. It's almost as if the Patriots don't sign him then he's done. How bad is it that the Browns won't sign him?

• Like 1

Just now, Spina said:

Prediction: Dez will be catching TD passes from Luck this year.

Very unlikely but always possible 

So is dez gonna play this year or what... All the focus is on the Bell holdout now and no one cares if poor old Dez will be lacing up.