theSPANKER

Dez Bryant 2018 Outlook

On 2/23/2018 at 9:33 AM, 96mnc said:

He's not worth a 16m cap number.   

He never was.

9 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I bet by getting cut and resigned by a new team he gets a hell of a lot more than what he'd get taking a pay cut. 

He will probably get a better opportunity to catch footballs too. If I'm him I'd encourage being cut. Cowboys are a sinking ship. Time to jump off anyway. 

Could happen, but in my opinion he's not worth anything close to what he thinks he is on the open market. I just don't know who'd be willing to pay Dez top WR money anymore. Of course I could be wrong.

3 hours ago, South Carolina said:

Could happen, but in my opinion he's not worth anything close to what he thinks he is on the open market. I just don't know who'd be willing to pay Dez top WR money anymore. Of course I could be wrong.

Of course he's not gonna get top WR money. 

You don't have injury riddled seasons and down statistical years and get a pay increase. 

I don't think a cut will happen, but the scenario that I'd see unfolding would be he is cut and then signs a 1 year deal for around $8-10 M on a team with a good QB. 

He better hope that if it happens it happens fast though. I heard he's a genuinely stupid human being and it's very difficult for him to learn play books. 

Cut his @ss.  $16 mil a year, for his mediocre production and sideline/off field bs?  Dez has never been half the player, he thinks he is.  This shouldn't even be in question.

7 hours ago, Goatstain3 said:

Cut his @ss.  $16 mil a year, for his mediocre production and sideline/off field bs?  Dez has never been half the player, he thinks he is.  This shouldn't even be in question.

the real question here is not anything you have said in your statement....the question here is what will jerry do with the 8 mil of dead cap money he would have to eat to cut dez. do any of you actually think jerry is gonna eat 8 mil on his cap to cut dez so he can play for someone else? he might if he got something back in return? we have already established the fact that no one would trade for dez with his contract at this point. so jerry will obviliously keep dez then let him go for 8 mil out of his pocket too yet.....i will damn well guarantee that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

About 5 years too late

Seriously. 

On 3/21/2018 at 10:29 PM, NYR Fan 116894 said:

He's 85 years old and runs a 3

hour 40. What makes anyone think he's going to change now??

Routes?  LOL at running routes.

On 3/1/2018 at 5:55 PM, not an nfl scout said:

the real question here is not anything you have said in your statement....the question here is what will jerry do with the 8 mil of dead cap money he would have to eat to cut dez. do any of you actually think jerry is gonna eat 8 mil on his cap to cut dez so he can play for someone else? he might if he got something back in return? we have already established the fact that no one would trade for dez with his contract at this point. so jerry will obviliously keep dez then let him go for 8 mil out of his pocket too yet.....i will damn well guarantee that.

Is there a point to cutting Dez now?  If he was going to get cut it should have been at the being of FA.  All the good WRs have found teams.

Dez is a WR2 and they’re paying him as a WR1.  Very soon he’ll be a WR3.

It looks like Dez will get the opportunity to show he’s not the guy he used to be, and he can’t change into the guy he needs to be...

Jones “loyalty” to players is going to bight the team in the a**...

On the bright side, Zeke is going to get an enormous work load (for fantasy).

• Like 1

dez may not be the player he used to be? he may not be the player he ever was? but at 6' 2" 220 with good hands and a great ability to high point the ball, i look for dez's game to change some this year. he may have to earn his money more than in the past. working the middle of the field more even possibly. they have signed thompson, and hurns, 2 guys that arent super stars but they are good wrs that will command coverage or they will burn you. that takes heat off of dez some. witten is still there for another year. these guys are not deep threats, but i like this group because if dez can be more agressive inside and short, he can use his size to get more YAC yards and be a better target for dak as it seems dak's game is better short than deep pass? i've also seen several mocks that have dallas taking wr micheal gallop in round 2???? rather interesting.

with the signing of cameron flemming from the patriots it now puts collins back at left guard and that should help the line as a whole.  the run game could be very strong again this year and i just like this offense as a group. i do like the additions of flemming, thompson, and hurns who can be great role players and that makes the stars they already have maybe shine a little brighter. mocks have us taking hurst at DT, and maybe a linebacker or 2 later in the 3rd. that would help bigtime on the otherside of the ball. i like it so far. they seem to be doing alot with little cap room.

Edited by not an nfl scout

5 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

Why is he still on that roster? Any other team would have cut his lazy a** already. 

16 mill contarct with a hit of 8 mill in dead money. do you honestly think that jerry is going to eat 8 mill in dead cap space and STILL cut dez??? that would be like paying someone 8 mil to go play for someone else? where do you guys come up with this stuff? i'm a little over whelmed here sometimes with all the facts you guys shove at me, but this is just common sense. yes jerry paid dez too much, but he did expect much more than what he has gotten. the play that i believed changed dez's career....and wrongfully too, i may add, was the catch that was ruled a non catch for some "jackass" reason that the rule changes will now make that a legal catch......bullsh!t.....what else could dez have done on that catch? that would have beat the packers and who knows where dallas would have ended up that year. dez has regressed since then. he needs a bid year to get back in his game again. i think he gets it this year.

You do what smart front offices would do. Howie Roseman would give some team with tons of money a 4th round pick to take him and sign 2 more productive players for less money. That's what REAL front offices do!! 

5 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

16 mill contarct with a hit of 8 mill in dead money. do you honestly think that jerry is going to eat 8 mill in dead cap space and STILL cut dez??? that would be like paying someone 8 mil to go play for someone else? where do you guys come up with this stuff? i'm a little over whelmed here sometimes with all the facts you guys shove at me, but this is just common sense. yes jerry paid dez too much, but he did expect much more than what he has gotten. the play that i believed changed dez's career....and wrongfully too, i may add, was the catch that was ruled a non catch for some "jackass" reason that the rule changes will now make that a legal catch......bullsh!t.....what else could dez have done on that catch? that would have beat the packers and who knows where dallas would have ended up that year. dez has regressed since then. he needs a bid year to get back in his game again. i think he gets it this year.

You do what smart front offices would do. Howie Roseman would give some team with tons of money a 4th round pick to take him and sign 2 more productive players for less money. That's what REAL front offices do!! 

1 minute ago, South Carolina said:

maybe, just maybe, you put some better role players around him to take some heat off him and make your whole team stronger and put dez in a better place to succeed. sometimes you pay a guy too much, but that still doesnt mean you walk away from him. he still can be a great wr. next year you can address it when the salary lets you? thats what a good gm does after he makes a misjudgement on someone good.

4 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

maybe, just maybe, you put some better role players around him to take some heat off him and make your whole team stronger and put dez in a better place to succeed. sometimes you pay a guy too much, but that still doesnt mean you walk away from him. he still can be a great wr. next year you can address it when the salary lets you? thats what a good gm does after he makes a misjudgement on someone good.

No, it's his job is to take pressure off of the role players. He's a so called "franchise WR" making 16 million. He has to man up and catch the ball. How many big drops did he have? That's nobody's fault but his. You unload him and move on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, South Carolina said:

He's 85 years old and runs a 3

hour 40. What makes anyone think he's going to change now??

I like how other WRs decide to move to slot and take on a different role when they hit their twilight. Dez decides to learn some routes. Anyway we can implant Steve Smith's brain into his body??

19 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

You unload him and move on.

you cant move on and eat 8 mil? thats nuts. isnt a gm in the nfl that would do that. every gm makes roster mistakes. giving guys too much money. letting the wrong guys go. bringing in the wrong freeagent combos for team chemistry......they seem to be restructering contracts at this point to create caps space so maybe they do that with dez also. thats the way to move on.

Edited by not an nfl scout

I just told you how a progressive thinking front office would do it. Look and study how Howie Roseman unloaded ALL of Chip Kelly's bad contracts. Then tell me it can't be done.

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

He hasn’t been good since 2014

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

He hasn’t been good since 2014

And i somehow get bamboozled into drafting that idiot every year!