Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theSPANKER

Dez Bryant 2018 Outlook

Pats cut Cory Coleman...they also cut two other WRs earlier this week and brought in free agents...looking like he might be going to the patriots.

possibly, Gordon isn’t taking to the playbook and/or his injury isn’t getting better...

3 minutes ago, builttoolong said:

Pats cut Cory Coleman...they also cut two other WRs earlier this week and brought in free agents...looking like he might be going to the patriots.

possibly, Gordon isn’t taking to the playbook and/or his injury isn’t getting better...

Gordon is smarter than Dez...if he can't get the playbook, Dez has no shot.

3 minutes ago, builttoolong said:

Rip Dez to the practice squad? 

Just now, ree10 said:

Time to stash Dez?

Lol I don't ever think the problem was Dez wanting to be there...

Don't think he requested to be cut

4 minutes ago, ree10 said:

Time to stash Dez?

Nope. Wasn't all that great with dak as is. Took him long enough to come crawling back. Dallas just had a great game wuthout him tho

You know who thinks Dez will be signing with an NFL team soon, possibly Dallas?  Dez does.

You know who else thinks that?  Possibly his agent and Dez's immediate family, and pretty much no one else.

On 9/29/2018 at 5:15 PM, builttoolong said:

None of those moves have anything to do with Gordon, his injury or a playbook or even Dez, they are doing roster management. All of the wr actions were for the practice squad not the roster.

Pats transactions:

09/29
Released WR Corey Coleman from the practice squad.

09/26
Re-signed RB Kenjon Barner and signed DE John Simon to the 53-man roster; Placed LB Ja'Whaun Benetley and RB Rex Burkhead on injured reserve; Signed DB David Jones to the practice squad and released WR Jace Billingsley from the practice squad.

Hear me out...

if Dez was on a team, any team, where would he have been drafted? Maybe right around the same place as Edelman, slightly after?

set aside the debates of if he is washed up and can’t create separation anymore, if he is going to a team, the name value will give you enough to move him for a decent piece.

so if we think he is going to go somewhere (Which it sounds like it’s almost certain he will) I don’t see how you can value him much or any less than Edelman who is 2 years older and arguably less talented. 

We can all say that that we don’t want him and that he’s washed up, but if he signs to a team he automatically becomes the number one waiver wire pickup that week.

2 minutes ago, Proto24 said:

Hear me out...

if Dez was on a team, any team, where would he have been drafted? Maybe right around the same place as Edelman, slightly after?

set aside the debates of if he is washed up and can’t create separation anymore, if he is going to a team, the name value will give you enough to move him for a decent piece.

so if we think he is going to go somewhere (Which it sounds like it’s almost certain he will) I don’t see how you can value him much or any less than Edelman who is 2 years older and arguably less talented. 

We can all say that that we don’t want him and that he’s washed up, but if he signs to a team he automatically becomes the number one waiver wire pickup that week.

If Dez was on a team in competitive leagues it would have been well past the 100th draft pick before he was taken

1 minute ago, pushaZ said:

If Dez was on a team in competitive leagues it would have been well past the 100th draft pick before he was taken

Cmon now this is just simply not true, it’s the same thing as Adrian Peterson 

Someone on a site said go back to dallas lol...Yes dallas needs him but also dallas passed on Calvin Ridley. lol As a cowboys fan, im over it.

Has Dez taken any visits since Cleveland in August?

Quincy Out multiple weeks

Pryor released

Two Left:

Deep Threat in Robby Anderson

Slot in Jermaine Kearse

Time for Dez in the Big Apple...?

Could. Should. Happen. Soon.

Stay tuned.

Omg......why does this man still have a thread??  He is done and no one wants this cancer in their locker room.

How anyone is rostering this bum at this point in the season outside of 30 team leagues is beyond me. 

2 minutes ago, pjbyrne707 said:

How anyone is rostering this bum at this point in the season outside of 30 team leagues is beyond me. 

My friends, a dire warning: Dez Bryant Delusion Syndrome is real and it is unimaginably destructive.  One of my league mates held Dez (and is still holding) after week 1, and dropped Calvin Ridley instead.

3 minutes ago, pjbyrne707 said:

I heard the same exact thing when I drafted Adrian Peterson in July, Josh Gordon in August, and Marshawn Lynch in September.  Pretty sure someone said something similar when I recommended picking up Jared Cook before his Monday night game in week 1 too.  

Is Dez washed?  Maybe.  I don't think even his biggest fans are arguing that isn't a distinct possibility.

Hell, I'll even grant you that it's 90% more likely than the alternative.  But as long as that alternative exists, he has just as much 'bench value' as any other scrub on the WW right now, that will still be there next week.

Go take an honest look at your league.  Check ownership percentages of trash players people won't let go, because of that 10% possibility.  Go look at the starting lineup of all the teams in your league, and ask yourself if Dez Bryant was signed to <X Team> whether he would be an upgrade to someone's fantasy lineup/bench.  If you're honest with yourself, I think you'll be surprised to realize how bad the landscape is these days.  It's all about perspective.

How many people are still holding Amari Cooper, Larry Fitz, Randall Cobb, Chris Hogan, Peirre Garcon, Antonio Callaway, Marquise Goodwin, Robby Anderson, Jameison Crowder, Marvin Jones Jr., Kenny Stills, Corey Davis, Keelan Cole... I could keep going.  They all suck.  But they all have that 'chance' that something clicks mid season, and they help carry you to strong playoff run.  The chance of that 'click' and the chance of Dez getting singed, are equally as improbably, but both exist.  That's all there is to it.

I don't currently own Dez anywhere, but I don't believe there's anything wrong with it.

The only possible league in which Dez should be held is a dynasty league or a 16-team or more redraft league. And even that's pushing it. 

1 hour ago, FFCollusion said:

I heard the same exact thing when I drafted Adrian Peterson in July, Josh Gordon in August, and Marshawn Lynch in September.  Pretty sure someone said something similar when I recommended picking up Jared Cook before his Monday night game in week 1 too.  

Is Dez washed?  Maybe.  I don't think even his biggest fans are arguing that isn't a distinct possibility.

Hell, I'll even grant you that it's 90% more likely than the alternative.  But as long as that alternative exists, he has just as much 'bench value' as any other scrub on the WW right now, that will still be there next week.

Go take an honest look at your league.  Check ownership percentages of trash players people won't let go, because of that 10% possibility.  Go look at the starting lineup of all the teams in your league, and ask yourself if Dez Bryant was signed to <X Team> whether he would be an upgrade to someone's fantasy lineup/bench.  If you're honest with yourself, I think you'll be surprised to realize how bad the landscape is these days.  It's all about perspective.

How many people are still holding Amari Cooper, Larry Fitz, Randall Cobb, Chris Hogan, Peirre Garcon, Antonio Callaway, Marquise Goodwin, Robby Anderson, Jameison Crowder, Marvin Jones Jr., Kenny Stills, Corey Davis, Keelan Cole... I could keep going.  They all suck.  But they all have that 'chance' that something clicks mid season, and they help carry you to strong playoff run.  The chance of that 'click' and the chance of Dez getting singed, are equally as improbably, but both exist.  That's all there is to it.

I don't currently own Dez anywhere, but I don't believe there's anything wrong with it.

The players you listed are at least on a team.