theSPANKER

Dez Bryant 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, South Carolina said:

And i somehow get bamboozled into drafting that idiot every year!

I would make fun of you - but Kevin White ends up on my team every year 

And I know he will again ... “Julio-lite” I say

Every.

Single.

Season.

• Haha 1

Just now, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Every.

Single.

Season.

At least White has the decency to just not play all season so you can cut him outright.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Every.

Single.

Season.

Hehe. We all have one of those players.

not sure why there is so much Dez hate. It was obvious when Romo was not the signal caller his value and production plummets. Dak and Dez have zero rapport and Daks passing game is to hit the open man, he isnt a gunslinger tight window giv the wr a chance to make the play passer like Romo. Dez is a wr3 with w2 upside.

17 minutes ago, dashoe said:

not sure why there is so much Dez hate. It was obvious when Romo was not the signal caller his value and production plummets. Dak and Dez have zero rapport and Daks passing game is to hit the open man, he isnt a gunslinger tight window giv the wr a chance to make the play passer like Romo. Dez is a wr3 with w2 upside.

You answered your own question. He is a WR 3. He was drafted and paid to be a #1 receiver. That's why all the hate.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

He is a WR3

And yet you don’t understand the hate? It’s because he’s a WR3.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

He is a WR3

And yet you don’t understand the hate? It’s because he’s a WR3.

Exactly. But as the #1 Dez basher on these forums, even I have to think at what point would he be worth drafting in 12-team leagues. Maybe 7th rd in PPR and 6th rd in standard?

The great thing is he will probably be overdrafted on his name value long before you have to consider drafting him for what he can actually do at this point in his career.

3 hours ago, petekrum said:

The great thing is he will probably be overdrafted on his name value long before you have to consider drafting him for what he can actually do at this point in his career.

Dez was a force to be reckoned with in 2014.  Almost at all other times, he has been more name than game.

13 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Exactly. But as the #1 Dez basher on these forums, even I have to think at what point would he be worth drafting in 12-team leagues. Maybe 7th rd in PPR and 6th rd in standard?

Your right but it's not happening. Despite his lack of production you know he will still be drafted early. And I'm the #1 culprit. Every year I think "this will be his year". I somehow get sucked in. He sat on my bench all year last season. I don't think I started him once. Never again!!! I mean it this time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, petekrum said:

he will be all over the spectrum in an auction format. People can't resist big names with stud histories. It' like an old heavyweight coming out of retirement against the young stud. Logically you know the guy is going to lose yet the betting public always push money towards the old heavyweight and make the odds way closer than they should be

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

he will be all over the spectrum in an auction format. People can't resist big names with stud histories. It' like an old heavyweight coming out of retirement against the young stud. Logically you know the guy is going to lose yet the betting public always push money towards the old heavyweight and make the odds way closer than they should be

On such decisions are fantasy titles won and lost.

i'll draft him on the cheap this year because most everyone in our league thinks this way. our commissioner is an eagles fan and he has been bashin on dez for years and now i can get him for a steal in an auction league. i personally believe he will have a bounce back year and i will have him as a #3wr as some of you suggest he will be. i believe he will smash his adp and i'll feel good about a wr putting up wr 1-2 numbers. on such decisions are fantasy titles won and lost.

• Like 1

Dez is great around the 6th//7th round seeing as how he's been and is a glorified TE 

If you like TDs, and I do, Dez is always a threat to score.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If you like TDs, and I do, Dez is always a threat to score.

Thats about all he is, a threat.

DEZ BRYANT STATS
CAREER STATS
Year
Team
REC
YDS
AVG
TD

DAL

DAL

Career

• Like 2

On 3/24/2018 at 2:50 PM, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Every.

Single.

Season.

I’ve been drafting Keenan Allen every year except last year, when I “upgraded” to OBJ.

Is there any player you want to get injured in 2019?  

31 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Dak sucks and this offense starts / ends with Zeke

Dez is nothing more than a big name at this point

I think we can all agree to that. 

12 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

I think we can all agree to that. 

I’m not agreeing to anything.

Dak currently looks like is a game manager a la Alex Smith.

But, when Alex Smith was asked to do more (and given talent around him) he rose to the occasion.

Can Dak do the same? Possibly...

QBR (2016) 104.9 vs 86.6 (2017) - Not having Zeke hurt, and Dez showing his age didn’t help.

Career QBR 95.5, that’s better than most Stafford (88.3) Big Ben (94.0) Luck (87.3)

So far Dak has done pretty well, he’s a young QB who hasn’t been asked to do much.  Unfortunately that doesn’t make him attractive for fantasy... 

Dak hasn’t elevated his WR’s like a elite QB, but he’s been better than most his first 2 years.

Eli’s career QBR is 83.5 (Flacco 84.1) so it’s very possible Dak could win 1 or more Super Bowls for the Cowboys.

3 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

But, when Alex Smith was asked to do more (and given talent around him) he rose to the occasion.

Can Dak do the same? Possibly...

QBR (2016) 104.9 vs 86.6 (2017) - Not having Zeke hurt, and Dez showing his age didn’t help.

Career QBR 95.5, that’s better than most Stafford (88.3) Big Ben (94.0) Luck (87.3)

So far Dak has done pretty well, he’s a young QB who hasn’t been asked to do much.  Unfortunately that doesn’t make him attractive for fantasy... 

Dak hasn’t elevated his WR’s like a elite QB, but he’s been better than most his first 2 years.

Eli’s career QBR is 83.5 (Flacco 84.1) so it’s very possible Dak could win 1 or more Super Bowls for the Cowboys.

You seem to think QBR actually matters ... interesting 

26 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

Dak's "performance" last year made me lower my thoughts on his ceiling to an Alex Smith type. 

Stafford and Luck have been asked to carry entire offenses with big time running threat their entire careers.  When Dak was asked to do that last year he looked as bad as Kizer.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

You seem to think QBR actually matters ... interesting 

What it means to me is he’s not throwing interceptions all day.

The elite QBs in today’s NFL have high QBRs.  Brees, Wilson, Rodgers, Brady.

They also do many other things to distance themselves from the pack... yes Dak doesn’t do those other things YET.

Dak isn’t as good as Stafford or Luck, but he’s much much better than Kizer.

I rather have Dak than Eli, Flacco, Tannehill, Bortles, etc.  but I’ve rather have a young QB with potential...  saying “Dak Sucks” after only 2 years is crazy.

Dak’s performance in 2019 will probably be in the middle of year 1 - 2.  That’s pretty good considering the owner/GM has done little to help him out.

19 hours ago, seanismorris said:

What it means to me is he’s not throwing interceptions all day.

The elite QBs in today’s NFL have high QBRs.  Brees, Wilson, Rodgers, Brady.

They also do many other things to distance themselves from the pack... yes Dak doesn’t do those other things YET.

Dak isn’t as good as Stafford or Luck, but he’s much much better than Kizer.

I rather have Dak than Eli, Flacco, Tannehill, Bortles, etc.  but I’ve rather have a young QB with potential...  saying “Dak Sucks” after only 2 years is crazy.

Dak’s performance in 2019 will probably be in the middle of year 1 - 2.  That’s pretty good considering the owner/GM has done little to help him out.

That running game & O-line covered up a ton of his mistakes. I'm not sure what Dak is yet. He's been very inconsistent at best, especially when he lost his RB and needed to make plays. He just couldn't do it. Right now I'd have to say he's very average but can definitely improve on that.

• Like 1

This is going exactly as I anticipated (previous post):

Yahoo Sports' Jordan Schultz stated matter-of-factly that he anticipates the Cowboys will release Dez Bryant after the draft.

"The Cowboys will cut Dez Bryant, after the draft, but make no mistake -- they will cut him," Schultz tweeted Tuesday. As of two weeks ago, the Cowboys had reportedly yet to approach Bryant about taking a pay cut from the scheduled $12.5 million salary he's scheduled to earn in 2018. But on Monday, EVP Stephen Jones said a talk with Bryant "still needs" to happen. The Cowboys recently added Allen Hurns and are apparently open to taking a receiver early in next month's draft. Bryant carries a $16.5 million cap number, and Dallas can clear $12.5 million by making him a post-June 1 cut. The 29-year-old would not struggle to find a new team.